ADVERTISEMENT

CPC Conference wins 4 of 5 (First Rd.)

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
Mt Tabor, North Davidson, Davie & West Forsyth handle business during first playoff week. ND & West Forsyth will attempt to stun #1 seeds next week in the 2nd Rd. while Mt Tabor has a chance at knocking off the #2 seed.

I really like my #4 West Forsyth Titans(10-2) vs #1 Lake Norman(12-0)... this will be the toughest test this season for Lake Norman based on Maxpreps & Bakers Dozen rankings.
West is battle tested vs top 12's...#1 seed) AC Reynolds(A quality West Forsyth Win) #1seed East Forsyth(close loss) & #1seed Davie(20-3 loss)..Other great wins for the Titans are North Davidson & Mt Tabor who all are alive in the Playoffs. SOS helps this time of year.

Don't feel good about #5 North Davidson vs #1 East Forsyth... East Forsyth is Rolling, bad matchup.

Mt Tabor has a very tough game; but if the play like they did vs North Davidson & Glenn... they will easily hang with Catholic. Explosive yet, Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hide team.

Davie should cruise!

Let's see. I haven't been sold on Lake Norman all season, due to their weak schedule. Yet, they did have a quality win against Hough. WF, is no guarantee to win. They struggled last night and were fortunate to get a win, at home, against a banged up 6-5 South Meck team. I'm calling a win for LKN in a close one.

North Davidson and East Forsyth? Should be a good shoot out game. I wouldn't be surprised to see it closer than some expect. But, I do think East pulls out a win.

Mount Tabor - Catholic is playing well. They are playing at home, which is a tough place to play. They have a passing game this year. I don't like that Mount Tabor struggled against Porter Ridge at home. I'm looking at Catholic by a couple of scores.

Davie - Davie is going to have a tougher matchup than people may expect. I'd pick them to get a win but they are NOT cruising. A.L. Brown held Mallard Creek and Vance under their scoring averages. Davie won't be playing Parkland or Southeast Guilford this week.

I really like my #4 West Forsyth Titans(10-2) vs #1 Lake Norman(12-0)... this will be the toughest test this season for Lake Norman based on Maxpreps & Bakers Dozen rankings.
West is battle tested vs top 12's...#1 seed) AC Reynolds(A quality West Forsyth Win) #1seed East Forsyth(close loss) & #1seed Davie(20-3 loss)..Other great wins for the Titans are North Davidson & Mt Tabor who all are alive in the Playoffs. SOS helps this time of year.

Don't feel good about #5 North Davidson vs #1 East Forsyth... East Forsyth is Rolling, bad matchup.

Mt Tabor has a very tough game; but if the play like they did vs North Davidson & Glenn... they will easily hang with Catholic. Explosive yet, Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hide team.

Davie should cruise!
West Forsyth has a good shot here...they need to play a clean game and they'll be in the mix.

North Davidson gets rolled.

Mt Tabor has zero chance of being competitive against Catholic. To beat Catholic, you have to out-execute them and play smart, fundamentally sound football, and that's not Tabor's game. Heck, that's the opposite of what Tabor typically does in big games. Catholic in a blowout here.

Davie should win, but it will be no cruise. This will probably be the best defense Davie has seen all year, although Brown did just lose their stud middle linebacker.

I know I was wrong with Glenn getting destroyed by Brown but I think that West Forsyth gets upset in rd 2. I don't think this West Forsyth team is anywhere near as explosive as last years team on offense.

Lake Norman by 10

East Forsyth is rolling but ND has a stud QB and a great passing game. Everyone has talked about how good the East secondary is. They will be put to the test this week. The problem in this game is I don't know if ND has a big enough front 7 to stop East. If ND wins this one it will be because EF shot themselves in the foot. I'll have to take East in this one setting up a Heavyweight bout the following week against Catholic.

EF by 13

I heard that Brown lost one of their best defenders against Glenn. If Brown plays like they did against Glenn Davie will beat them. This game is very tough for me to pick but I think Davie doesn't have as many injuries from what I'm hearing. I take Davie is a close one

Davie by 3

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT