ADVERTISEMENT

Corvian Community

TarVikes

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2017
Ran across this rankings list. Never heard anyone mention Corvian Community on this board - but see they are undefeated. Are they legit?

• Haha
Reactions: Downeastsmashmouth
Ran across this rankings list. Never heard anyone mention Corvian Community on this board - but see they are undefeated. Are they legit?

Sure they are 8-0, but their opponents have an average win percentage of .32857 and their opponents, opponents win percentage is .57552. So not really a tough schedule. Looks like the best team they may have played is Community School of Davidson at 5-3 but they also haven't played anyone. I wouldn't put them close to the top 10 in the west, let alone in 1A.

They have not lost a game. They score a lot of points. They play in the weakest league in NC. You decide. I think they are a good team, but they are not the caliber of #3 in the state. Tarboro will not be game planning for them in December.
It’s true they’re having a strong season, and the competition may be weaker, but dont underestimate the journey they’ve taken to get here. The playoffs will be tough for them, and every team brings its own challenges. The fan base needs to keep supporting and encouraging them as they prepare for what’s ahead!

Speed kills.. im sure they have tons of it.. Who beat South Stokes and knocked them out of the Basketball playoffs last year? Was it this team? Unheard of Unheralded and proceeded to match athleticism with South Stokes like no one else ever did the whole entire season.. and steadily knocked South Stokes around the entire game!

• Haha
Yeah they have a game on you tube vs bishop McGuiness. Both teams look very average. 8 for corvian looks good but both schools would finish 5th or so in Northwest 1 a.

Speed kills.. im sure they have tons of it.. Who beat South Stokes and knocked them out of the Basketball playoffs last year? Was it this team? Unheard of Unheralded and proceeded to match athleticism with South Stokes like no one else ever did the whole entire season.. and steadily knocked South Stokes around the entire game!
South Stokes man. South Stokes. That ain't really athleticism. Which most of them are because they suck at everything else. I can't believe anybody would say who was it that knocked South Stokes around athletically. It's not really an accomplishment dude. Anyway besides tarboro which is the only school out east that plays like a western school. Corvian would feel right at home playing out east with Wilson prep.

Last edited by a moderator:
South Stokes man. South Stokes. That ain't really athleticism. Which most of them are because they suck at everything else. I can't believe anybody would say who was it that knocked South Stokes around athletically. It's not really an accomplishment dude. Anyway besides tarboro which is the only school out east that plays like a western school. Corvian would feel right at home playing out east with Wilson prep.
He is speaking of south stokes basketball and yes south had some athletes on that team. That 6'1 point guard would dunk on you rough

Last edited by a moderator:
That team was the most athletic public 1a team i had seen in decades if ever so this other guy who retorted had absolutely no clue! All he needs to do is go back and look at all the 2a, 3a and 4a teams they played and destroyed in their non-conference schedule in 2023 basketball.

He is speaking of south stokes basketball and yes south had some athletes on that team. That 6'1 point guard would dunk on you rough
That's great man. It's South Stokes. Just like North Surry. They think they're a basketball school. Of course West oaks did too although I bet that's changing. Low Man in there getting football popular. No matter what you say it's South Stokes. They weren't sporting a whole bunch of athletes. Well not as real sport anyway

Heard through the grapevine that Corivian can possiblly get athletes from Mallard Creek High School District since its not far from Mallard Creek and i am assuming all around Charlotte. Imagine if a 1A School can get up to 35 to 45 players from all over Charlotte to play 1A football. That can really added to a Championship calliber program.

Heard through the grapevine that Corivian can possiblly get athletes from Mallard Creek High School District since its not far from Mallard Creek and i am assuming all around Charlotte. Imagine if a 1A School can get up to 35 to 45 players from all over Charlotte to play 1A football. That can really added to a Championship calliber program.
Heard the exact same thing from a pretty good source. I mean again. Go back to what they did to South Stokes in Basketball. Don’t be surprised if they are as good as their record suggests. Athletes are athletes. Their Basketball team was well coached and disciplined. Just saying do not be shocked about this team being the toughest team you never heard of in the playoffs. They will for sure have more pure athletes than any team they face!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT