ADVERTISEMENT

If playoffs started this week?

Hey I know we have 3 more weeks and a lot can and will change.

1. Mount Airy vs 32. Polk
2. Mountain Heritage vs 31 Elkin
3. Murphy vs 30 North Stokes
4. Eastern Randolph vs 29 Avery
5. Corvian vs 28 Swain
6. Union Academy vs 27 South Stokes
7. North Rowan vs 26 Cherryville
8. Bessemer City vs 25 Highland Tech
9. Starmount vs 24 Draughn
10. Mitchell vs 23 Albemarle
11. Robbinsville vs 22 Thomasville
12. Bishop McGuinness vs 21 Andrews
13. East Wilkes vs 20 Christ the King
14. Alleghany vs 19 Mountain Island Charter
15. Cherokee vs 18 South Stanly
16. Hayesville vs 17 Carver

Any thoughts on these possible games?

I’m not saying it because my team but Starmount as a 9 seed is kind of tough. I’d say the same thing if another school has been top 5 or 6 in rankings all year. It’s penalizing a team for finishing 2nd and losing to the back-to-back state champs by 3. Why not use the RPI rankings for the whole bracket?
Also if this plays out like this you would have another MTN. Heritage and North Rowan playoff game, this one in the 3rd round!! A 4th Round game with MTN. Heritage and either Murphy or Robbinsville if it goes that way would be a fun game to watch!!! Don't sleep on Murphy, Robbinsville, MTN. Heritage, Starmount, or Eastern Randolph

Reactions: thekidd12
I understand that. However, it's not really fair for a 1A team to be told they have to win their conference with three 2A schools in order by be considered the 1A champ. They do however normally have to beat at least one of them (Shelby, Burns, East Gaston) to get at least 3rd place or .500+.

Going to turn it around and ask how would you (or other fans) feel if you had to beat the likes of Shelby and Burns on a yearly basis to be a champion? How do you think we should reward split conference teams?

It's only going to get worse going to 1A-8A.
I 👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT