ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Pandemic with update from NCHSAA

Ok, I have allowed this to continue because of how it affects HS Sports, but it will not become a political mud slinging and name calling contest. Intelligent discussion is allowed. Even if you disagree, do it with some intelligence.

Welcome to the New World Order...noting will ever get back to normal again,hope I’m wrong...all this was just a dry run to see how the people would react,and the mindless sheeple have been brainwashed and spoon feed for years,and it’s all coming to pass now

Reactions: BK13T-$ and rambbq
My manager and I were talking the other day and he made a statement that made a lot of sense. He said that the way people live their lives will change forever once this virus is over with. I think each day that more and more people are getting more acclimated to "the structure" that has been put in place as far as visiting people, going shopping and social distancing goes. I could be wrong and it certainly wouldn't be the first time. To an extent it kind of takes me back many years ago during the late 70's and early 80's to when there were no business establishments open on Sunday's. The only thing that was open on Sunday's in Thomasville was Central News Stand. I really liked that place and wish it was still open today. The one thing I can say for certain is this. I think our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has this nation's full, undivided attention with what has transpired. I think things got to the point to where God said it is time for a wake up call in this country of ours. God is in control folks, don't ever forget that.

Welcome to the New World Order...noting will ever get back to normal again,hope I’m wrong...all this was just a dry run to see how the people would react,and the mindless sheeple have been brainwashed and spoon feed for years,and it’s all coming to pass now

I'll bite. So what would be your solution?

Jesus Christ plain and simple...it’s gonna happen regardless,one world currency,one world religion,one world economy(once it crashes) and one world leader(Dictator) and open borders
I'll bite. So what would be your solution?
,that’s why trump is hated so much,he’s delaying the process because he’s a nationalist he really does love America....it’s all biblical...think about it

Last edited:
Jesus Christ plain and simple...it’s gonna happen regardless,one world currency,one world religion,one world economy(once it crashes) and one world leader(Dictator) and open borders

,that’s why trump is hated so much,he’s delaying the process because he’s a nationalist he really does love America....it’s all biblical...think about it

Amen. If you read scripture, things are already set in motion to head that direction.

I said I wasn't going to devote musch energy to this so I'm going back on my own promise but the other day in talking about the "popular" vote started to say; I firmly believe the election of Donald Trump was all God.

No one, and I mean no one, thought he'd win. In every poll Hillary had a commanding lead. Something, or in this case, someone intervened and it wasn't Russians! Providence intervened in the hearts and minds of people when they went into those voting booths. God allowed this nation a little more time to repent. I fear we haven't.

Whether one needs God, or doesn't need God, is a personal choice but for centuries the citizens of the U.S. at least honored God and the Christian faith. If on a personal level they saw no need for God, they respected people that did. Today, few honor Him and Christians are often ridiculed. It's part of the sacrifice that many have made for the sake of political correctness.

Want some signs that we could possibly be living in the last days, read 2 Timothy 3:1-5. If you deal with the public on any level you see these descriptors lived out daily.

9/11 brought this nation to it's knees. This current crisis should do the same but is/has it? It seems we are putting more faith in science to solve our issues than God. If I have to have an ID card to cross state lines that says I am virus free am I going to soon have to take a mark, or have a chip inserted, to buy and sell?

Let not your heart be troubled. Claim Mark 11:24, 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Psalm 91. Don't mean to offend anyone. I've been a believer all my life but failed to properly witness. In fact, at times, I've been a poor witness. This pandemic has made me think I should do better moving forward. That's all. I'll talk football in all future posts.

Reactions: TVILLEDAWG2370
I said I wasn't going to devote musch energy to this so I'm going back on my own promise but the other day in talking about the "popular" vote started to say; I firmly believe the election of Donald Trump was all God.

No one, and I mean no one, thought he'd win. In every poll Hillary had a commanding lead. Something, or in this case, someone intervened and it wasn't Russians! Providence intervened in the hearts and minds of people when they went into those voting booths. God allowed this nation a little more time to repent. I fear we haven't.

Whether one needs God, or doesn't need God, is a personal choice but for centuries the citizens of the U.S. at least honored God and the Christian faith. If on a personal level they saw no need for God, they respected people that did. Today, few honor Him and Christians are often ridiculed. It's part of the sacrifice that many have made for the sake of political correctness.

Want some signs that we could possibly be living in the last days, read 2 Timothy 3:1-5. If you deal with the public on any level you see these descriptors lived out daily.

9/11 brought this nation to it's knees. This current crisis should do the same but is/has it? It seems we are putting more faith in science to solve our issues than God. If I have to have an ID card to cross state lines that says I am virus free am I going to soon have to take a mark, or have a chip inserted, to buy and sell?

Let not your heart be troubled. Claim Mark 11:24, 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Psalm 91. Don't mean to offend anyone. I've been a believer all my life but failed to properly witness. In fact, at times, I've been a poor witness. This pandemic has made me think I should do better moving forward. That's all. I'll talk football in all future posts.

I never paid any mind to those polls when Hillary was running or even now. They poll a particular area to get the results that they want. We are not doing away with the electoral college. It works. We are not allowing 2 cities to pick our leaders for us each election. War would come first. I see all the discussion on the internet and tv about how the President waited too late to act on Coronavirus. Truth is in early January he acted to stop flights to and from China. Everyone called him a racist and xenophobic for doing it. Biden several times said he would not do it. We should have stopped all flights and then taken a long look at where this virus was. It came to NY from Europe not China. But I don't blame the President because the democrats would have never agreed to stop those flights and I suspect a lot of Republicans too. Look at the number of people that want to open things up here now. This virus is still going around and we are not where we should be to open things up yet. China should be made to pay for covering up this virus and letting it get as bad as they did. It looks criminal.

America screwed up when it came off the gold standard...it’s basically worthless now,go to the grocery store and spend $100 see what you bring home(Inflation)

The travel restriction from China was announced on January 31st and was effective February 2nd. Facts matter.

Can I see your sources?

The travel restriction from China was announced on January 31st and was effective February 2nd. Facts matter.

Yea you are right. I was probably thinking of early January because that is when I first started hearing of it.

Since this is a forum about North Carolina high school football, I’d like to focus on North Carolina and what may happen here. It’s clear that state and local officials will make the decisions that will affect schools and athletics. The state will decide when students return to schools. The Governor will issue executive orders that will determine when our citizens may gather for many events, including athletic contests.
Local officials will also have a say. For instance, in High Point and Guilford County, the restrictions are more stringent than the state. Those apply in those jurisdictions regardless of state rules. In Lexington, there is a 9 pm to 5 am curfew.
So, for purposes of this discussion, local is what really matters. We can disagree all we want about the response of the federal government and the politics of that. That’s what the November election will be about. But, for now, high school athletics and the future of it will be determined by state and local government and the NCHSAA. It is my hope that the individuals empowered with those decisions will exercise logic and data driven, broad based responses that take all interests into account.
And regardless of any disagreement on here, I pray that each of you will be responsible, not only for yourself, but for everyone you come in contact with. And that you stay safe and well. During a time when I rarely venture away from home, I appreciate the opportunity for relief from the stresses this situation has created.

Sure you can,you can meet my source personally face to face...you ready?

TVILLEDAWG2370, I think many people lose sight of the fact that one day not some people but all people will have to stand before our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Everyone will have to give an account for everything they have ever said or done.

Reactions: Lincolnton
TVILLEDAWG2370, I think many people lose sight of the fact that one day not some people but all people will have to stand before our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Everyone will have to give an account for everything they have ever said or done.

Just something to think about. I saw this posted on social media just a few days ago but it kind of makes sense. Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.

Just something to think about. I saw this posted on social media just a few days ago but it kind of makes sense. Quarantine is when you restrict the movement of sick people. Tyranny is when you restrict the movement of healthy people.
Not being smart is not listening to science and math

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Not being smart is not listening to science and math

I listen to science/math and understand. I am just wondering how much longer it will be that leadership keeps this quarantine in place. Governor Cooper has already stated that the ground work has already been put in place to extend this past April if need be.

High School football is why we are all here.

Recently, former Obamacare architect and current advisor to presidential candidate Joe Biden, Zeke Emanuel stated that we should stay in shutdown until a vaccine is available. If this, science based opinion is true, we won't play football this fall. We may not play in 2021. Even the most hopeful estimate has it taking 12-18 mon to develop such a vaccine. I will add that as we speak, the truth about many of the models (math) that were used to project the spread of the virus and it's morbidity, were faulty.

At some point common sense has to be applied. None of want to. "not have football this fall" much less this year AND next year. Our economy, whether you feel it is a Trump driven thing or not, can't go much longer like this. If it does, we'll experience another great depression.

It seems that ending the shutdown, or at least phasing it out, is linked to the return of sports and in particular high school football. We should all be hoping and praying for an end to this current madness.

Reactions: PBBear51
I listen to science/math and understand. I am just wondering how much longer it will be that leadership keeps this quarantine in place. Governor Cooper has already stated that the ground work has already been put in place to extend this past April if need be.
Well many make fun of California but they have low low numbers for such a high population this was because the governor acted quickly. I hope this ends soon but not at the cost of thousands of lives. But things have to get better soon I would think

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I agree sammyk w yr premise. California really should be a rough place.

Check out the story at the link below. It's a little long but written by a smart guy that lives in California. Take note of the statistics on Chinese visitors to the state, the numbers of people that live in poverty and are homeless, the onset of the "early flu season," etc. Governor Newsome ordered the shutdown there March 20th+/-? That wasn't much sooner than the rest of most of the country. This article explains why California probably has less of a problem than most of us. His shutdown was only a small part of what has happened there.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/03/coronavirus-pandemic-california-herd-immunity/

Lastly, is it me or do the rest of you feel like not as many people are social distancing as our leaders claim? I mean when we go to stores we are forced to social distance, schools are out, churches can't meet and there are no sports. Traffic may be a little lighter but in my area folks seem to be doing about what they want.

The problem lies in the fact that 25-50% of the people who are sick and can pass it on show no symptoms. We don’t really know who is sick. That’s the main difference between Covid 19 and most other communicable diseases.

Reactions: Ooooner
Correct OC, that was alluded to in the article. It's supposed that the virus was here as early as last September or October. It was chalked up as a bad flu. Bad indeed! The point though is we've probably been dealing with this a lot longer than we thought and didn't know it. California has developed a sort of herd immunity. That should tell us that our current strategy of isolation may not be the best course of action.

Correct OC, that was alluded to in the article. It's supposed that the virus was here as early as last September or October. It was chalked up as a bad flu. Bad indeed! The point though is we've probably been dealing with this a lot longer than we thought and didn't know it. California has developed a sort of herd immunity. That should tell us that our current strategy of isolation may not be the best course of action.
In the last 24 hours in North Carolina, hospitalizations went from 313 to 418 and deaths from 86 to 108. Whether you look at numbers or percentages of increase, that’s scary.

Lol this thread is hilarious. Didn’t know we had so many virology and economic experts here. And to top it off, Trump was sent from God! Lmao.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Guys I get it talking about god and scripture ect. During the black plague I am almost certain that those people read and recited scripture or at least the ones who could read and prayed a lot more than we did and still 1/3 of Europe died. Follow the science the experts use common sense. The science says that this in not the flu it has killed 30,000 people in about 5 weeks. That is about what the flu kills in a year and there will be that and then some before its done. Also do not let this break us apart because this virus does not care if you are black(even though they are getting hit harder) White Dem or Rep old or young,it can kill you. This is not a hoax it is real and everyone needs to be safe

Last edited:
I have never seen any figures breaking down the deaths by race. In fact I hadn't thought of that. Do you know how those numbers look?? I had no idea it was hitting blacks harder.

I have never seen any figures breaking down the deaths by race. In fact I hadn't thought of that. Do you know how those numbers look?? I had no idea it was hitting blacks harder.
The NC Department of health lady yesterday was discussing this and I seem to think she said 38% of cases were African Americans In N.C.. I was not totally paying attention. I am sure it’s searchable.

At one point in NY and Detroit, it was 72% and 78% respectively. Mostly socioeconomic factors such as population density, lack of access to healthcare, poverty, mass transit. Some underlying medical factors but mostly due to the aforementioned,

I do not see a 2020 football season as long as this virus is still around. There is no way you are going to put fans shoulder to shoulder in the stands, or players in contact on the field exchanging sweat. If it comes back in the fall it will have mutated in all probability and be worse.

I do not see a 2020 football season as long as this virus is still around. There is no way you are going to put fans shoulder to shoulder in the stands, or players in contact on the field exchanging sweat. If it comes back in the fall it will have mutated in all probability and be worse.
If there is in fact a second wave, it certainly could be worse. Mitigation for a while longer, slow reentry economically, significantly more testing, hopefully a fairly effective treatment regimen and monitoring of those testing positive with individual quarantine.
That’s what the experts have been saying for a couple of months. I trust their judgment.

Reactions: PBBear51
If things does improve (I'm hoping and praying it does) I can only imagine the spectical at a game if we're made to wear masks. I've seen some the last few days that made me feel like I was living in the movie The Purge.

The safest place to be if there is a 2020 season is in on the Lexington High School home side. You’ll get a full section to yourself! #NoCrowdBecauseNoClue

Reactions: ocdavis31
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT