ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Pandemic with update from NCHSAA

It's probably in reference to the claim that Trump called the Coronavirus a hoax. He didn't say it was a hoax but the lie was spread by some in the media and numerous left wing celebrities in Hollyweird. It was corrected by most of the media but Hollywood liberals keep saying he said it. That's my guess at what it's about.

Did I hear New hoax????? And has it spread like the media said it would??? Just asking. Last numbers 434,000 infected that we know about and almost 15,000 dead. And this administration said 100,000-200,000 could die Yea maybe the media was wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisgah Bears
You know that when he said that is their new hoax he wasn't referencing the Coronavirus being politicized by the media and the video you posted is altered to appear he said it was a hoax. A well respected reporter for the Washington Post had to retract her statement claiming he said it was a hoax. I believe her name was Amber Phillips if you want to look it up. She wasn't the only one who had to retract their statements. Former Presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg claimed he said it was a hoax also but his statement was debunked.

It's probably in reference to the claim that Trump called the Coronavirus a hoax. He didn't say it was a hoax but the lie was spread by some in the media and numerous left wing celebrities in Hollyweird. It was corrected by most of the media but Hollywood liberals keep saying he said it. That's my guess at what it's about.
He used the word “hoax” multiple times in reference to the virus. I heard it myself and didn’t need the media to explain it. That’s around the time he was claiming 15 cases when 60 were known. He didn’t want to count them all even though they were here, because they had caught it somewhere else originally.
All you have to do is hear his daily hubris and then watch all the others onstage try to walk it back. Then have him deny the next day that he said what everyone heard him say. Thank God for medical professionals who won’t be deterred from telling the truth.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Him saying it was a Hoax was debunked by numerous independent fact checkers including the Washington Post which employed this reporter Amber Phillips who had to apologize. People hear anything they want to hear as long as it fits their beliefs or narrative. I don't support everything Trump does but I do know this claim of the hoax statement has been found to be false. Read a little more than one side of the story. I think he comes across as a pompous ass a lot of times but I try to look at both sides of the story.

Him saying it was a Hoax was debunked by numerous independent fact checkers including the Washington Post which employed this reporter. People hear anything they want to hear as long as it fits their beliefs or narrative. I don't support everything Trump does but I do know this claim of the hoax statement has been found to be false.
At least you and I agree on your second sentence.

He used the word “hoax” multiple times in reference to the virus. I heard it myself and didn’t need the media to explain it. That’s around the time he was claiming 15 cases when 60 were known. He didn’t want to count them all even though they were here, because they had caught it somewhere else originally.
All you have to do is hear his daily hubris and then watch all the others onstage try to walk it back. Then have him deny the next day that he said what everyone heard him say. Thank God for medical professionals who won’t be deterred from telling the truth.
Yes he used the word hoax. He said it was the democrats new hoax. You know like the Russian probe, the impeachment sham, etc. The democrats were critical of everything he did to combat the virus. He stopped the flights to and from China and the democrats called him racist and xenophobic. So the way they were attacking him is what he referred to as their new hoax. But it's not surprising you don't get that.

Well many will disagree and we can agree to disagree. And it is also easy to identify SRNS

Did I hear New hoax????? And has it spread like the media said it would??? Just asking. Last numbers 434,000 infected that we know about and almost 15,000 dead. And this administration said 100,000-200,000 could die Yea maybe the media was wrong
They said they voted for him because he means what he says and then spent the last three and a half years saying he never meant what he said.

OC, actually, I’ve been trying pretty hard. I’m a little bit of a germophobe, anyway. Washing my hands, keeping a distance and wearing a mask is easy for me.
We’ll get through it.

doesn't look good about the 2929 season, I mean even if the curve starts going the right way we're far from being out of the woods. I just hope we can get the locker room and make adjustments for the 2nd half!

doesn't look good about the 2929 season, I mean even if the curve starts going the right way we're far from being out of the woods. I just hope we can get the locker room and make adjustments for the 2nd half!

When we get back to being able to sit down and eat together I'll have to go back to Clinton and eat a steak with you and your gang again!

Oh please... we always had fake news. We just didn’t always have 24 hour access to it. The internet has changed how people get their info. Imagine a Cold War with Twitter. The fake news would abound. Eisenhower would have been born in Canada, the Cuban missile crisis would have been a left wing hoax, and dirty politicians would still trick Americans into hating each other.

Public education has failed us and well private education has too

Last edited:
I was here before you was and unlike you I voted in the majority last time.
You voted for Hillary?
Oh, that’s right. You meant the electoral winner, not the one who had the majority of the votes. Just keeping you on your toes, PB. Words matter and so does accuracy.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Getting into this late and won't spend a lot of energy on it but have comment on this idea of Hillary winning the "popular" vote.

Check the numbers. Mrs Clinton won the popular vote by 3 million votes? It was something like 65,000,000+/- to 62,000,000+/-. She won New York by 2 million+ and California by over 4 million. Last I checked, that's a 6 million vote difference. So, on the strength of 2 very blue states she won the popular vote by 3 million votes? She won the popular vote in those 2 liberal states by an overwhelming number but she did not win the popular vote of the other 48 states and our territories. She did win some other states but the difference in the popular vote was minuscule. Also, and the liberal elite hate this fact, Trump won 3,084 of 3,141 counties in the U.S.

The founding fathers were smarter than probably all of us combined. They understood the danger of basing the election of presidents on the popular vote. God help us if we allow the current system to ever be changed. Our future presidents will likely be whomever the two states above vote in.

The Dems had a bad candidate in 2016 and still can't admit it. The guy that looks to be their candidate this year is worse. He has a chance only because the current virus has/is becoming the great equalizer. The Democratic leadership and their puppets in the media know it so they are working overtime to take advantage of the crisis.

God bless the USA!

I stand corrected on the counties.

Trump won about 2,600+/-
Hillary won 500+/-

Still a considerable difference

I think the initial impulse of a genuine football fan is "why turn this thread into a platform for political commentary. Damn, man, give me a break from the daily cascade of this same stuff on TV. Won't you please talk about something else".

On second thought, though, isn't it the way things are and isn't it what is on a lot of peoples' minds. If that is the case, then, it's relevant, and don't most things bow to politics ?

So to those who have shared their views, both ways, I tip my hat to you.
Is it what most want to read, probably not, but you've had the temerity to unabashedly do something I haven't had the lower portions to do in decades, openly express a political leaning.

p

I think a moderator locked a thread here awhile back that developed into nothing about high school football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT