ADVERTISEMENT

Coronavirus Pandemic with update from NCHSAA

Could you play high school baseball, track, and softball with games starting in mid August and move football , volleyball, and boys soccer to the spring??

Reactions: KW23
Would be interesting to see football moved to spring. Since this has never happened before I wander if this would be better or worse or no change for the players that would be coming back the next August. I never played on a football team so I can’t answer that.

Otis, I certainly understand and share your concern for your father and others who are elderly or have immune system issues. In my opinion those are the folks who should be in quarantine and shutdown so to speak, not the entire state.

Yea I agree. He pretty much stays in and I don't get out other than to go to work. I'm a lineman with a co-op so I can pretty much keep away from people while I'm at work. I buy my gas in Pamlico County since they have only about 2 active cases in the whole county.

Could you play high school baseball, track, and softball with games starting in mid August and move football , volleyball, and boys soccer to the spring??
Possibly but if you were going to do that then the NCHSAA should have made that decision well before now to allow for spring sports to put together schedules for the fall. You could also include boys and girls golf for the fall and cross country (although that would have conflicts with track - maybe combine them?). Soccer, because of contact, would have to be pushed back to the spring. Then imagine the trouble scheduling varsity football, JV football, men’s soccer, and women’s soccer all on the same field in the spring. No good options!

Schools could have a baseball/football double header and maybe it could increase attendance at baseball games but would have to have the first pitch pretty early. I just wonder if the virus will even be down enough to have a spring season. Expect the unexpected is our new normal .

Yea I agree. He pretty much stays in and I don't get out other than to go to work. I'm a lineman with a co-op so I can pretty much keep away from people while I'm at work. I buy my gas in Pamlico County since they have only about 2 active cases in the whole county.

Pamilco is at 21 cases and 6 active now.

Virginia is talking about basketball in December, football in February and baseball in May

Schools could have a baseball/football double header and maybe it could increase attendance at baseball games but would have to have the first pitch pretty early. I just wonder if the virus will even be down enough to have a spring season. Expect the unexpected is our new normal .

Well, that’s assuming that they don’t use the same field... Like South Granville and some of the smaller schools. The football field is the outfield.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Pamilco is at 21 cases and 6 active now.

Thanks. I hadn't looked before posting. It sure seems to me as soon as people started getting out again the numbers climbed. My buddy i've mentioned that has it has no idea where he could have gotten it. His quarantine time is about up now but since his wife and son got it from him he may have to go a little longer till they clear.

Thanks. I hadn't looked before posting. It sure seems to me as soon as people started getting out again the numbers climbed. My buddy i've mentioned that has it has no idea where he could have gotten it. His quarantine time is about up now but since his wife and son got it from him he may have to go a little longer till they clear.

I really feel its more to be known on how you can contract the virus.

Most of Pamlico’s cases are near the Craven County line based on zip code. Just saw where Gary’s is closing his dining room back down and doing only take out again. Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the outbreak is from people in restaurants, especially in your area.

Terrible facility.

I only know about it because I googled it a couple of years ago when it looked like North Davidson might travel to play them in the playoffs. But honestly, if it weren’t for the boosters at North Davidson purchasing land and raising the money to build a completely new facility, the Black Knights would be playing on a very similar type of arrangement. Luckily they had the leadership and some willing donors to provide a much nicer facility.

Virginia is talking about basketball in December, football in February and baseball in May
That could work - shortened season for each sport. Basketball with 14-15 regular season games + playoffs, Football with 6-7 games + playoffs, baseball with 14-15 games + playoffs. Wait and put both mens/women’s soccer with spring sports after football is over (keeps the fields from being overused). Wrestling stays same time as basketball, volleyball would be during the same shortened season as football.

That could work - shortened season for each sport. Basketball with 14-15 regular season games + playoffs, Football with 6-7 games + playoffs, baseball with 14-15 games + playoffs. Wait and put both mens/women’s soccer with spring sports after football is over (keeps the fields from being overused). Wrestling stays same time as basketball, volleyball would be during the same shortened season as football.
Hey, watchdog, key word in everything you said is playoffs, you know the state will do everything they can to have playoffs.

Reactions: NWWatchdog
I wonder if anybody with ties to the NCHSAA reads our threads on here? I've seen some really good ideas throughout this thread that beat the alternative of NOT having a season at all...

Most of Pamlico’s cases are near the Craven County line based on zip code. Just saw where Gary’s is closing his dining room back down and doing only take out again. Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the outbreak is from people in restaurants, especially in your area.

Pamlico County had its first death yesterday. Elderly with underlying conditions it said. Maybe fell from 50' ladder??

Reactions: BK13T-$
Tenn has pushed high school sports back into Aug and Durham County has pushed sports workouts back into late July

I am more and more convinced there will not be HS football this fall. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.

North Carolina Republican party cancelled its in person convention and will hold it virtually. High Point Rockers baseball team cancelled its season. And Donald Trump, Jr. joined the list of folks endorsing wearing masks.

We all gotta go sometime brother, doesn't matter if its my son or grandmother. When its time its time. Nothing you can do but stall and procrastinate the inevitable. Might as well enjoy life instead of worrying about death.
Nice philosophy of life but there is no need to rush your time by engaging in any life style that could hasten the inevitable.

Just saw where Craven County was allowing workouts to begin next week. That is a big move for them as they were being cautious.

Nice philosophy of life but there is no need to rush your time by engaging in any life style that could hasten the inevitable.

I'm not gonna go sky diving with a parachute made in 1940's and was used three times in world war two, but I'm also not gonna walk around ingles thinking...

"if that little old lady sneezes on me and I get the corona, I'm coming back with a pick axe in my hand and taking everybody with me."

Wash your hands, wipe your ass, shower everyday and leave my freedom to go and do as I please alone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT