ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Reidsville's Kyle Pinnix - 100 career touchdown passes

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
With 3 TD tosses in the Bartlett Yancey game (4-8-21), Kyle Pinnix reached 100 for his career. He connected with Breon Pass for 61 yards, Julius Miller for 47 yards and Miller again for 9 yards in the win. He was 7 of 19 for 193 yards in the game with Pass catching 4 for 123 yards.
Pinnix posted 37 TD passes as a sophomore, 45 as a junior and 18 so far this season. Overall for his career he is 370 of 610 (61 percent) for 6,385 yards and has only had 8 interceptions.
In the NCHSAA Record Book, the all time leader in touchdown passes is Chris Leak of Charlotte Independence with 185 (1999 to 2002). No. 12 on the list is Ernest Tinnen of Burlington Cummings with 102 (1990-93). Note that Leak had 1,745 career attempts and Tinnen 1,214.
Pinnix, with half as many attempts as Tinnen, would obviously be higher on the list with a full 10-game regular season this year and fewer running clock games. Reidsville has had a bunch of those the last three years.
When did running clock become a rule?
Congratulations Kyle and all his receivers over the past three years -- he's been blessed with some great ones. Also big kudos to the offensive lines. Good luck to Kyle in the playoffs and at Wofford College.
Here's the link to the record book:

And while we're talking about Reidsville records in this thread:
• Reidsville now has scored in 330 consecutive games, a state record. Mount Airy is second on that list with 236.
Corrected from earlier post

• Reidsville coach Jimmy Teague now has 350 career wins at 4 schools, which is fifth on the NCHSAA record book listing. He's 309-55 in 26 seasons at Reidsville. David Gentry tops the state list with 416 (mostly at Murphy). Jack Holley is second with 412, Bad Paroli third with 403 and Tom Brown fourth with 352.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
TGT...330 consecutive games....Reidsville has scored........trust me...................
Going on what they have in the state record book ... a lot of missing info there. They miss the mark by 3 quite a bit (state titles, for example).

Pinnix in his career is averaging 17.3 yards per completion.....1 of every 3.7 completions is a TD pass...some amazing stats right there.....again he's had some great receivers and linemen to help him out over the 3 seasons.........

TGT...I went back...game by game since the 1997 shutout loss to W. Brunswick in the first round of the playoffs that year..........

We (me, you and DHag) need to get together sometime and make additions and corrections to the state record book. Reidsville info lacking for sure.

Reactions: rambbq
TGT...I went back...game by game since the 1997 shutout loss to W. Brunswick in the first round of the playoffs that year..........
I've got all that documented as well. 330 is correct no doubt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT