ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Northside-Jax WK 3

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Home sweet home....after 2 weeks on the road Clinton returns to the friendly confines of Darkhorse Stadium for its home opener against our old rival 3A Northside-Jax.....both teams come into the game at 1-1 Northside beat a bad Jones Senior team 46-0 wk 1 before losing to New Hanover Friday 24-14. I have heard from more than a couple Jacksonville area guys that this is not a typical strong NS-Jax team as in years past but i heard similar things about EB last week and they played a pretty dang good game so im not overlooking anyone and im sure the Clinton coaching staff is not either. NS is going to have some athletes and they are going to play us hard they always do.....NS in the past has been one of those teams that can go power run and the next play come out in spread so the Clinton defense is probably going to get alot of different looks this week......looking at the stats on maxpreps the QB Andrews #7 is mobile they haven't thrown the ball much as in the past atleast at this point in the season....looks like 2 main backs to worry about #2 Williams and #8 Anderson 6'2 WR Conley seems to be the biggest receiving threat.........For Clinton this week just being discipline on defense continue to fly around and make plays secondary likely to be tested more this week containing the QB something to watch out for as NS mobile QBs have given us trouble in the past.....offense TAKE CARE OF THE BALL!!!!!!!!! 6 turnovers in 2 games is too much especially when we are already struggling to put points on the board....finish drives...we had some good drives come up empty at EB....hopefully you know who can suit up Friday but we still need ti compete some passes Coach Pollock is going to play us the same way he played us in the past everybody in the box and daring us to pass....should be a big crowd school starting Monday...band and cheerleaders student section in full force always love the atmosphere at home. Go Horses

Reactions: Swo_05
Might be one of the better games this week for both teams. If Clinton plays the same as last two weeks they wont be happy campers. Both teams have some work to do if they are gonna contend this year. Right now its a toss up....maybe a little toward NS.

Might be one of the better games this week for both teams. If Clinton plays the same as last two weeks they wont be happy campers. Both teams have some work to do if they are gonna contend this year. Right now its a toss up....maybe a little toward NS.

Defensively i think were right where we wanna be...offensively still alot of uncertainty...but to be fair first two games without the most consistent/experienced offensive weapon not on the field....gotta develop some type of consistent passing game tho i mean even if its as small as completing atleast 3-5 passes a game just something to keep opposing defenses honest

If youre #1 player isnt back this week I believe you WILL have to throw it against NS. And if you turn it over NS has in the past made teams pay for it. In any case good luck, always root for the 2A team against other classifications.

If youre #1 player isnt back this week I believe you WILL have to throw it against NS. And if you turn it over NS has in the past made teams pay for it. In any case good luck, always root for the 2A team against other classifications.

Even if he is back i still think we have to throw it......thanks good luck to yall restbof the way aswell that was a big win for yall Friday

Does the offense look lost or just several mistakes/missed opportunities happening?

Well just inconsistent last game they moved it pretty well just didnt finish drives out....and the turnovers....and wouldnt hurt to complete a pass....but i think it finally comes full circle this week in front of the home crowd

Well just inconsistent last game they moved it pretty well just didnt finish drives out....and the turnovers....and wouldnt hurt to complete a pass....but i think it finally comes full circle this week in front of the home crowd

Fullback going to play this week ?

Smith one of the few maybe the only starter that still here that was on the field during the 2016 playoff lost to NS-Jax so im sure he really wants to play Friday

Never realized NC was such a big soccer state i mean i know UNC has won some national titles in the past....i see where the state of NC has like 16 teams ranked in the top 40 in the nation....Dixon who i believe Clinton has had some run ins in the past is ranked #12......not sure how accurate all the rankings are with it being so early in the season but thats pretty impressive......people joke about soccer but it is a very competitive sport and anything but easy thoughs kids put in a tremendous amount of time to perfect their craft just like Football players....went to my first soccer game here alil while back Clinton was playing Wallace at home for the conf title and it was a great atmosphere....i may try and make a game or two maybe on Clinton football's open week

Never realized NC was such a big soccer state i mean i know UNC has won some national titles in the past....i see where the state of NC has like 16 teams ranked in the top 40 in the nation....Dixon who i believe Clinton has had some run ins in the past is ranked #12......not sure how accurate all the rankings are with it being so early in the season but thats pretty impressive......people joke about soccer but it is a very competitive sport and anything but easy thoughs kids put in a tremendous amount of time to perfect their craft just like Football players....went to my first soccer game here alil while back Clinton was playing Wallace at home for the conf title and it was a great atmosphere....i may try and make a game or two maybe on Clinton football's open week
34, I don't know the answer to this but some states have high school boys soccer a spring sport and girls soccer a fall sport, (opposite from our state) I know South Carolina is this way, I don't know about other states but I suppose we can Google it. I wish our state was like this.

if I counted right 32 states play boys fall soccer, 8 play boys winter soccer and 13 play boys spring soccer.. Doesn't add up to 50 some states are split.
That being said the rankings are for the period of time those states are playing.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Hopefully Coach Spell and the boys can get over the hump this year and make it to State. Coach has built a tremendous program, and now Parks and Rec and the middle school is providing great feeder programs.

Check out the home page Clinton vs NS-Jax one of NC preps 4 games to watch......NC preps writer predicting a close Clinton win 21-17

Defensively i think were right where we wanna be...offensively still alot of uncertainty...but to be fair first two games without the most consistent/experienced offensive weapon not on the field....gotta develop some type of consistent passing game tho i mean even if its as small as completing atleast 3-5 passes a game just something to keep opposing defenses honest

IMO our main problem on offense is the O-line not blocking. I also think that Evans should be a RB, nothing against Evans he is a darn good athlete I just believe he would be better off at RB. I would like to see #7 in the mix with Kaba at QB.

IMO our main problem on offense is the O-line not blocking. I also think that Evans should be a RB, nothing against Evans he is a darn good athlete I just believe he would be better off at RB. I would like to see #7 in the mix with Kaba at QB.

I think with Evans being such a great athlete they want him with his hands on the ball each play running that option and so far he has been our best running option with Smith out...just needs to take care of that ball more...but yes it all starts up front oline has to come off the ball and stay on their blocks.....#7 King is still alil green in this offense i see it on JV he too is a good athlete and has a good turn of speed good arm but dont think he is quite ready yet

Reactions: DarkHorseFan66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT