ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Northeastern Updates

Well I guess I don't even need to post. I will say this though. This NE fan isn't eating any crow nor do I bet against my own team like some Northeastern posters. I mean damn, can we play much better!!! I've been preaching to everyone just how good we are on both sides of the ball, and our kicker,smh, he's pretty dang good. One things for sure, next year were going to be even better. We don't hardly lose anyone.

Clinton fans that left early don't comeback next season....that was beyond disrespectful especially how hard these kids have played
I agree in fact I too was disappointed in the crowd. Last week's crowd was much larger on both sides, in fact, a packed house. I know it was Thanksgiving weekend and a lot of folks were at home, and tonight was a long drive for Elizabeth City fans, but for goodness sake, it was for the eastern championship! Leaving early was very disrespectful.

Last edited:
wiz...I was torn between rooting for you guys or NE....I know Clinton hardcore fans have been itching for 21 years to get another shot at Reidsville....maybe next year....................
you're right rambbq, if next week's game was in Raleigh like last years, I'd go but I'm not driving 3 hours to Winston-Salem to see someone besides the DarkHorses play.
Wake Forest shouldn't even be a venue, too far west. The triangle area is more central to the whole state. Holding the games in a triangle venue enables fans to attend multiple games at multiple sites unless you have crazy kickoff times like 11 am. They should have the 1A & 1AA games every year at Elon, or NC A&T more central to the state and in closer proximity to more 1A teams unless you're in Cherokee or Swain County. Rotate the other classification's games between UNC, Duke and NC State.

Dogs79, are you a believer?
Had a great time, stadium was very nice. Actually one of the nicest I've been to.
Nice meeting you and the other guys again, Otis. I was disappointed (other than the score) in the crowd for both teams. I know the weather was threatening, and a long-distance for Eagle fans, but I was disappointed in our home crowd. We weren't packed like last week. I don't know and then like 34 said in the waning minutes some started leaving early. Sure the game had most likely been decided but the teams didn't quit. Not like Clinton fans of old. Anyway, good luck to you guys next week. I know last year's game was close and I'll most likely watch it on tv. If it were in Raleigh like last year I'd go. One year I stayed with the Reidsville crowd, the wife dropped me off at CF and she went shopping and then came by to pick me up!
I'm still proud of our team and coaches. I want to reiterate I was really impressed with Coach Moore's preparing your team. They didn't make any mistakes, and they seemed poised and in control. No showing off etc, just playing ball. I can respect that.

Nice meeting you and the other guys again, Otis. I was disappointed (other than the score) in the crowd for both teams. I know the weather was threatening, and a long-distance for Eagle fans, but I was disappointed in our home crowd. We weren't packed like last week. I don't know and then like 34 said in the waning minutes some started leaving early. Sure the game had most likely been decided but the teams didn't quit. Not like Clinton fans of old. Anyway, good luck to you guys next week. I know last year's game was close and I'll most likely watch it on tv. If it were in Raleigh like last year I'd go. One year I stayed with the Reidsville crowd, the wife dropped me off at CF and she went shopping and then came by to pick me up!
I'm still proud of our team and coaches. I want to reiterate I was really impressed with Coach Moore's preparing your team. They didn't make any mistakes, and they seemed poised and in control. No showing off etc, just playing ball. I can respect that.

Thanks so much Wiz, I'm glad you came out to eat with us. I really had a good time and I still would've had fun if we lost. I really respect you and appreciate that you know the stuff I post is all in fun leading up to gameday. You met me in person so now you know I talk just as much junk in person but all the while keeping it fun. I told everyone in the restaurant that they were in for a treat when they saw how good our kids were. The only thing I was disappointed in was that we didn't air it out like we usually do, but our coach knows what he's doing and for the last two weeks has opted to run a lot. And our punter/kicker, he was everything I've been telling people about. Thanks again Wiz, your coming out to eat with us was a great show of sportsmanship imo. I will not forget it.

What are you guys talking about to far to travel. Raleigh is to far for the teams in the west every year. Shelby has to travel 4 hours every year and we are close compared to some teams in the west. Change it to Greensboro.

This is a great physical game. Reminds me of the great ant battle of ‘93. If you or your loved ones suffer from mesotheliomants, call Demhoes ant solutions for all your field control needs. We’ll crackback block those suckers, and come at you like Katy Perry riding a darkhorse.
Googled the ant battle of ‘93.....the mighty Ants rolled like a tater tot! Running Clock!

Reactions: daagoob
What are you guys talking about to far to travel. Raleigh is to far for the teams in the west every year. Shelby has to travel 4 hours every year and we are close compared to some teams in the west. Change it to Greensboro.

I'm not instigating ir anything by reposting this

My main gripe is 11am in Winston Salem and the fact you are only going to see certain games. If it's around the triangle then you can watch one game and hustle to another venue to see a game that interest me.

Reactions: daagoob
I can understand you guys being upset with everyone leaving. To me that's disrespectful and I would've been embarrassed by it. I 100% agree.

Reactions: dogs79
I agree in fact I too was disappointed in the crowd. Last week's crowd was much larger on both sides, in fact, a packed house. I know it was Thanksgiving weekend and a lot of folks were at home, and tonight was a long drive for Elizabeth City fans, but for goodness sake, it was for the eastern championship! Leaving early was very disrespectful.

I walked out on the field with Goob last night but I watched the Clinton coaches as they addressed their team for the last time this season after a game. Many of them will never wear the Clinton uniform again. I saw coaches wiping their eyes. It's a tough thing to go through each year. They spend so much time with the kids. That is why the community should support the team and staff. Don't walk off early upset over losing. Gather around the team and show support that last time. You never know what lies ahead for those kids that played their last time on that field.

Agreed. That's fans for ya. Just as bad as Northeastern hardly bringing much crowd support for their fantastic team. That was weak for a Final Four.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT