ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Greene Central

Congrats to the Clinton boys on a great season. Hate it for the boys. Complete meltdown from coach.

Congrats to the Clinton boys on a great season. Hate it for the boys. Complete meltdown from coach.

I saw Clinton play several times this year, and something was always missing, and it wasn't talent or depth. Most talented team in the East isn't playing for the state title.

Congrats to GC! I remember the GC coach at his presser from the John Wall tournament and was very impressed with him. You could tell he loved his kids.

Last edited:
One question (for now).....Why did we allow Greene Central to slow the game down in the first half? It seems like our strength this season was pressure the whole way up the court.

One question (for now).....Why did we allow Greene Central to slow the game down in the first half? It seems like our strength this season was pressure the whole way up the court.

Go back and read my previous post i wondered about it all first half....you do something it works for you all year...then you get to the biggest game of the year to that point and you change it....dont understand it....think Jordan was overthinking it stick to what you know and do best.....thats what got us there.....oh well its over now

We needed a coach for two games this year. Northside and Greene Central and we didn't have one for either.

I saw Clinton play several times this year, and something was always missing, and it wasn't talent or depth. Most talented team in the East isn't playing for the state title.

Congrats to GC! I remember his presser from the John Wall tournament and was very impressed with him. You could tell he loved his kids.

Wait a minute. I've been told this entire year KINSTON was the best 2a team out east. I was rooting for Clinton but I will admit. Greene Central must really be good. To beat Kinston and Clinton in the playoffs in the same year is something to be proud of and I doubt any other 2a team could do so

We needed a coach for two games this year. Northside and Greene Central and we didn't have one for either.
Coach J was too busy getting suspended. Why in the world with all the off court troubles don't someone step in and make a change for the good of the community. Man, if I'm Jordan I am finding somewhere else to go.

He did it on purpose. Completely handcuffed the boys. Player told me yesterday that they have been trying to get him out of that zone all year. Everytime they ask, Jordan would get REAL UGLY with them.

This was Clinton's year. Great players that have a a lot of knowledge about the game, really good group of assistant coaches that are all about the boys and helping them learn and grow as young men, a perfect schedule, number 2 seed in a weak East bracket and as a Head Coach you have to listen to what those players and assistant coaches are trying to get you to understand and not be so consumed with what is going to make you look good but what is best for those student athletes. It will be interesting to see what coaches and players decide not to come back next year. Go Horses.

Reactions: swampstomp
Is the situation that bad at Clinton?
Depends on what you want in a Head Coach. If you looking someone that is a great example for your son then history of ours says stay away. Too much off court issues. Every year it's something different.

Man talk about highway robbery Northside -Jax gets screwed on a blocking foul that wasnt....Cox Mill player clearly tripped over himself they call a blocking foul in final seconds......then Northside player steps out of bounds before hitting what would.of been the game winner tough way to lose.....under 10 seconds ref shouldnt made that call

Coach J was too busy getting suspended. Why in the world with all the off court troubles don't someone step in and make a change for the good of the community. Man, if I'm Jordan I am finding somewhere else to go.

A little late to this thread, but have heard nothing but bad things about Jordan. I've been to a few games during his time and thought he was outcoached every time. I saw this team twice this year. I'm pretty confident they won because of talent and not coaching. He seems more worried about his image with the fans and refs than coaching his team. I wonder if his players even like him. I just recently heard about the Northside incident. I also heard that he was very rude to a couple of different people in Greenville. If my son played basketball, it wouldn't be for him.

Find me a coach that wins without talent. You can be the best coach in the world and without talent you’re nothing. I know nothing about the man other than he coached against a Fairmont team and dominated. His bench is lined with many assistant coaches and his team made it deep.

Find me a coach that wins without talent. You can be the best coach in the world and without talent you’re nothing. I know nothing about the man other than he coached against a Fairmont team and dominated. His bench is lined with many assistant coaches and his team made it deep.
Coaching high school basketball is more than wins or loses, Gohorses15 is spot on!

Coaching high school basketball is more than wins or loses, Gohorses15 is spot on!
I agree, my response was to someone’s comment about the coach. Maybe you missed that comment. Coaches should always be concerned about building character and men/women.

Does clinton have some talent coming? How was their JV?

JV was 8-11 according to maxpreps so average team basically but with some.of the guys returning they could be a solid team bit like i said before i think this past season was our best chance at winning State

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT