ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Greene Central

Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Who ya got?

Clinton is a great team. Greene Central is battle tested coming out of a great conference. Other than that I don't know much about them. I would say Greene Central will have home court advantage only being like 30min away from ECU, but Clinton travels well, so It'll probably be close to even. Time will tell.

Greene Central fans took up about 2/3 of Capel Arena in Fayetteville last year in the semi-finals against Northside. Location doesn't matter to this community, they would show up at either place.

Greene Central fans took up about 2/3 of Capel Arena in Fayetteville last year in the semi-finals against Northside. Location doesn't matter to this community, they would show up at either place.

That’s cool. Clinton girls played at Methodist last year for semifinal, it was same way.

Looking forward to this game.

gonna be a lot of size on the court for both teams......of course im rolling with Clinton tons of momentum and a chance at history.....Clinton may be a ghost town Saturday cause a lot of people are planning on being in Greenville Saturday evening

Maxpreps has some errors on Clinton's overall record.....27-1 not 27-3...not sure where they got those 2 loses from

Cold shooting cant buy a basket at this point.....turnovers and missed shots....and Dodd's defense is killing us

@Horses71 well lets see those halftime adjustments you always talking bout cause we need it bad right now.....get out that 2-3 zone and we full court press after made baskets all year why you change that now....dont understand it

Down 20-13.....20-6 at one point i feel like we weather that storm if we play like we normally play in the 2nd half this can be a different ball game.....but i feel we need to go back to our press sometimes thats our best offensive

Down 20-13.....20-6 at one point i feel like we weather that storm if we play like we normally play in the 2nd half this can be a different ball game.....but i feel we need to go back to our press sometimes thats our best offensive
Update

GC's defense the difference ton of turnovers and missed shots just couldnt find enough offense and GC made shots when it counted

Senior heavy team we got alil something coming back but i believe this was our best chance

61-57 final.....kinda sucks thinking bout those missed free throws and turnovers to be that close......proud we went down fighting

Missed free throws kept this game close. I stopped counting after we missed 12. Couldn't be more proud of the Rams.

This was a great game but GC bigs were just too good in this one. They dominated the paint, defensively and offensively. C has had a superb year.

Yeah, Fairmont was out of sorts playing you guys at home. Just never seemed to be in rhythm, plus your bigs were really strong with most of your shots dropping. Glad the guys didn’t quit and fought to the end

Were not a half court team GC forced us to play there game and there bigs were too good and they made the timely shots seems like everytime we would be ready to bust it open with a run that Davis kid would nail a 3 or Johnson or Dodd would get a And 1....credit Clinton for fighting till the end....looking back all those turnovers missed basketball missed free throws sucks i rather lose by 10+ then 4 right there at the end.....great careers for Kris Williams,Dewan Lesane,Zion Autry,Trevor Legget,Tymir Mcnytyre......still wonder why Jordan changed from pressing in the first half.....and why wait till halftime to make the neccessary adjustment

Were not a half court team GC forced us to play there game and there bigs were too good and they made the timely shots seems like everytime we would be ready to bust it open with a run that Davis kid would nail a 3 or Johnson or Dodd would get a And 1....credit Clinton for fighting till the end....looking back all those turnovers missed basketball missed free throws sucks i rather lose by 10+ then 4 right there at the end.....great careers for Kris Williams,Dewan Lesane,Zion Autry,Trevor Legget,Tymir Mcnytyre......still wonder why Jordan changed from pressing in the first half.....and why wait till halftime to make the neccessary adjustment
We always have a tendency to question the what if’s in defeat. Some did the same with our coach in Fairmont. Good game though

Fair question you do something all year then you change it the biggest game of the year....one huge strength was our ability to press cause turnovers that lead to easy baskets also speed the other team up and push the tempo.

Horrible basketball.day for.my fandom......Clinton loses then Carolina blows it in the 2nd half....smh

Reactions: Champ_24
We end the first half with a 7-0 run with Legget in there and then he plays maybe two minutes in the second half. Just don't understand.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT