ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Goldsboro Listen Live

Have a good game 04. I'm sure the Horses can handle this game.

Seems like we are one of the few area teams still playing tonight @Darkhorse04 you were right about some postponing prematurely glad we waited it out

#24 J. Wilson blocks Goldsboro punt and recovers for TD. 2 point conv good. 8-0 Clinton 10:22 1st

2 plays 50 yard TD strike from Smith to Morrissey. 2 point conv good. Clinton leads 16-0 7:36 in 1st

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton runner fumbles going into the endzone. Goldsboro recovers. Good and bad for Goldsboro they have it at the 1.

And bam next play we get a safty. #66 J. Sampson shoots the gap tackles runner in endzone. 18-0 Clinton

After the safety Clinton Patrick Morrissey returns kickoff for TD. 2 point conv good. Clinton 26 Goldsboro 0 4:02 left in 1st quarter

#66 is having a day a member of that strong sophomore class. Clinton defense forces another punt

Jaekwon Wilson #24 scores from 42 yards out. PAT. High snap Blake takes it and runs it in for two. Clinton 34 Goldsboro 0 8:37 left in half

Another 3 and out forced by defense. Good mixture of sophomores and freshmen getting in the mix.

Clinton offense driving the ball relatively easy. We got our first penalty of the night on a crack back block(remember when those were legal lol smh) inside the 10 in scoring position

Onias Robinson scores on short run. PAT good. Clinton 41 Goldsboro 0 1:17 left in half

Halftime Clinton 41 Goldsboro 0. Cant complain loved everything i seen so far. One bigh thing that stands out and is good for early in the season is only 1 penalty. 1 turnover but he was fighting for extra yards just gotta remember protect that ball. But so far team looks good.

Defense another 3 and out. Looks good so far alot better then what we saw in the scrimmage which is a good sign to see.
Scrimmages are usually just scrimmages. Good teams don't have to show a lot in a scrimmage. I really liked Clinton's size last week at the scrimmage. I thought they really stood out in that regard. What number is Morrissey?

I found my roster. Morrissey is #5. He dropped a couple of easy passes in the scrimmage. Looks like he has his game face on!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Clinton opens up the 2nd half with some 2nd teamers. Freshman QB has a nice run but fumbles(looked down) Goldsboro takes over

Goldsboro finally on the board nice catch by TE. 26 yarder. PAT no good. 41-6 9:15 in 3rd

Starters are done for the night so nothing but 2's and 3's rest of the way. Get a good look at this freshman QB

Mesh point issues with freshmen handing off to another freshman and thats Clinton's 3rd fumble of the night

Another fumble by the 2s and 3s. Whelp this is why you play your young guys. Freshmen running that read option gotta be more secure with the ball. That will come with experience

Make no mistake next Friday it wont be that easy. Thats why i would of likes to see the full 1's atleast one more drive we missed out on a scrimmage and honestly Goldsboro offered lil to no resistance so a couple extra live reps would of been nice but you also dont wanna see a key player get hurt in a game that is well in hand so i get it. Was good that so many young guys got live action tonight it will be beneficial down the road

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Play of the night. Woo woo wooo Johnny Woo with the big reception and run. All 5'5 135 pounds soaking wet. Thats what you love to see in these games. A kid that works hard cheers on his teammates get a opportunity to get in the game and make a play. He almost had a interception aswell.

Reactions: UNC91
Just a couple quick takeaways. Very impressed with oline as a whole. Blake Smith looked good as expected soreaded the ball around nicely took off when he needed too. Combination of RBs all looked good. #24 Jakwon Wilson cant say enough how good it is to see him back on the field Spring when he went down thats when it seemed defense really took a step back. He made some good plays on defense and his block punt and recovery really jump started the night. Sophmore #66 Jymeik Sampson(Sorry i was spelling it wrong earlier) looked very good.......special teams as a whole looked solid. Kicker Carlos Alguera kicked off very well booted one into the endzone thats always nice. Coverage teams looked good. One iffy punt. But we only punted 1 time. And i may be wrong but only 1 penalty which is great for the first game. 4 turnovers all fumbles 3 of those were 2nd and 3rd teamers on the field so nothing to freak out about yet........Overall great performance for the first game.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
On our last score before the half, we were thinking to go for 2 so we have a running clock in the 2nd half, but I think Coach didn't want the running clock to end the game in 30 min. The 2nd half was the perfect opportunity for the 2md and 3rd stringers to get reps they couldn't get in practice. Great scrimmage for them. Good thinking coach!

Yeah no disrespect to Goldsboro but the 2nd half was basically a live scrimmage for the 2s and 3s. Freshman QB got to get alot of action he will get more comfortable with handling and being secure with that ball in that offense ,definitely passes the eye test he looks like a player and on that good run he had you could see a glimpse of just how athletic he can be. Him and #20 i think are the only freshmen on varsity which alreadys says alot about their protential.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
“This time, Wilson found a hole up the middle and emerged into a wide-open field where he went mostly untouched for a 42-yard touchdown run. Smith converted the 2-point conversion on a fake-field goal”

-Daron Barefoot writer for Sampson Independent

just FYI: it wasn’t a “fake FG” it was an extra point attempt, high snap, QB is the holder so after the bad snap he just ran it in. Nice try Daron, lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT