Darkhorse04

Dec 5, 2006
Well, on to the next one.

Clinton 4-0 (2-0)
Vs
East Duplin 1-3 (1-1)

Clinton beats Midway tonight 30-14
East Duplin beats WRH 29-23

Throw out the records in this one. It’s gonna be a slobber knocker.

Thoughts and predictions?

listen in tonight.

www.oldies1170.com
Or
www.Mixlr.com/oldies1170

Last edited:
ED is probably the best 1-3 team in 2A 13 points from being 4-0 we better come correct or it will be a long night. They are well coached and are going to run it right at us and dare us to stop it. Much like us very blue collar team should be a good game. We gotta take care of the ball better i know a wet field played into it alil bit last night but that ball has been on the ground quite a bit thru 4 games. Bottomline the team that makes the least mistakes and the more physical team will win this game

Agree chris 100%. Battle will have his guys prepared and jacked up for this game. However Ron and myself probably gave the wrong impression last night if you believe the field being wet had anything to do with our miscues. 2 fumbles were caused by hits while our ball carrier was holding it loosely one of those was a freshmen. The one interception was just a great play by the defender as the ball was into the wind and slightly under thrown. The other fumble was a backwards pass that sailed over our WR’s head again recovered by the defense. The wind and poor ball control were the culprits of our turnovers, the turf was not a factor. Semantics I know but our field is in good shape you know for those SWO posters that think it looks “dead” lol

As I said last week. Battle will make a game of it but don't think ED has enough.Hope I'm wrong

Reactions: UNC91
We always have a tough time in Beulaville and Battle Holley is going to have them ready. Beulaville and Elizabethtown seem to always be tough places to play for us no matter how good/bad the team is. And that dang fullback TRAP/counter gets us everytime i can still hear Coach Sawvel's voice even 15 years later.

Well, on to the next one.

Clinton 4-0 (2-0)
Vs
East Duplin 1-3 (1-1)

Clinton beats Midway tonight 30-14
East Duplin beats WRH 29-23

Throw out the records in this one. It’s gonna be a slobber knocker.

Thoughts and predictions?
Yes to all the above, Clinton by history has always played well in Beulaville!

Horse protect the football and reduce the penalties and play their game, I think they win comfortably, but for them to feel comfortable, they need to be as sharp as a razor’s edge. They’re very capable of doing so.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
We always have a tough time in Beulaville and Battle Holley is going to have them ready. Beulaville and Elizabethtown seem to always be tough places to play for us no matter how good/bad the team is. And that dang fullback TRAP/counter gets us everytime i can still hear Coach Sawvel's voice even 15 years later.
They ran it all night against Midway.

East Duplin must win Friday to get a chance to play in the playoffs.

East Duplin 28
Clinton 20

East Duplin finally got that much needed W and that has probably given them a lot of confidence, but Clinton is just too good.
Clinton 35 East Duplin 24

Okay, had a few Clinton faithful asking me about getting tickets and they couldn’t find it on the gofan website.

Hope ED can hang in there. Won't be able to make this work is calling. Think they will make a game of it.

ED accepting cash at gate. No wonder Clinton couldn’t find tickets. Per a source they don’t use Gofan. Clinton has gone straight online ticket sales only. I guess our faithful just assumed ED had as well. Well guys buy em up at the gate.

You can listen in if you can’t make it, that is IF you don’t mind listening to a couple of goof ball Clinton boys call the game lol.

Here’s the link.

www.mixlr.com/oldies1170

SWO plays Saturday so this is the 2nd best game this week ..... LOL. Them goof balls call a pretty good game (next to Billy and Melvin). Should be a good game, I look for it to go to the last few minutes.

It's going to be hard to beat East Duplin @ East Duplin, those refs down there don't play that. It's always something with the officiating when you play down there. Clinton will need to pull away early to come out of there with a W.

It's going to be hard to beat East Duplin @ East Duplin, those refs down there don't play that. It's always something with the officiating when you play down there. Clinton will need to pull away early to come out of there with a W.
I’ve said this for years. If the game is kept close, those refs will make sure to give ED the W.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
One of the best games in this series recently happened back in 08 in Beulaville on Halloween night i think it was. Clinton was heavy underdog but gave ED all they wanted unfortunately ED had a really really good kicker that year nailed a long one had to be 40+ yarder in the closing seconds to send the game to OT. ED ended up winning in OT. Great game sucked we loss but a really exciting game.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
ED ties it with a nice solid drive TD run by Gaby. Before i can finish typing Blake Smith takes it 65 yards for a score. Shootout in the first quarter. 14-7 Clinton

So far EDs oline is beating our dline......offense may be our best defense tonight

East Duplin scores. Those RBs got some serious speed. #2 was gone. PAT good. 21-14 Clinton leading. 9:35 in half

Clinton answers 60 yard TD run on jet sweep Patrick Morrissey. PAT good. Clinton 28 ED 14........its a track meet alot of offense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT