ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on the short list the last time Marlboro came open. And most folks know how the School Board dropped the ball there. I wouldn’t blame Corey for Making the jump, but then again he knows Baileys time at Scotland is winding down.
He never was on the that list…Bailey was but Cory wasn’t

Reactions: btango
He never was on that list…Bailey was but Cory wasn’t …the school board screwed Bailey out of the MC job ..it was his until the night they announced the new coach..certain board members wanted “one of their own”. So sometimes it’s best who you know more than it is what you know. Got a different super now and a new principal that’s from Scotland

I tend to go to the source directly if I can instead of believing what someone randomly post on preps…….in this case I went directly to the source and I call BS on this whole thread.
Ok. He didn’t lie. He ain’t going til he’s going … wait til the “interviews” happen.. in a week or so .. they have to do that per state law .. and why would he tell you he’s taking a job when the process at mc hasn’t even been finished… if he’s still there in a month I’d be extremely surprised . It’s 15 minutes to scotland and $100000 a year. Clinton ain’t paying anything close to that

Reactions: PackHorses
Ok. He didn’t lie. He ain’t going til he’s going … wait til the “interviews” happen.. in a week or so .. they have to do that per state law .. and why would he tell you he’s taking a job when the process at mc hasn’t even been finished… if he’s still there in a month I’d be extremely surprised . It’s 15 minutes to scotland and $100000 a year. Clinton ain’t paying anything close to that
The process ain’t finished but you got folks talking bout his last day is next week which is funny considering the events he has planned in Clinton and the talk about the upcoming track season…….all I’m saying is from our last conversation all of this seems very inaccurate.

I have no issue admitting when I’m wrong I hope some others up here do the same.

The process ain’t finished but you got folks talking bout his last day is next week which is funny considering the events he has planned in Clinton and the talk about the upcoming track season…….all I’m saying is from our last conversation all of this seems very inaccurate.

I have no issue admitting when I’m wrong I hope some others up here do the same.
I don’t believe his last days are next week ..and he might not come..just saying from what was offered I’d be surprised if he didn’t …If it’s a done deal as some here seem to think I don’t think anyone will know for weeks ..still a process that has to be followed ..and I don’t think his name was just pulled out of thin air …I think like the old saying goes …where there is smoke there’s fire
Heard Johnson's last day at Clinton is next week
just heard interviews Wednesday so might be true now

Reactions: PackHorses
Coaching is at least 80% of the high school game. It’s painful to lose a quality coach but you can’t blame the guy if he leaves. A higher salary not only allows a higher standard of living but also allows a larger contribution to retirement not to mention planning for his kids education.

Back some 25 years ago we (NHHS) had an opening and many applicants. We picked the wrong one when we had the opportunity for one that turned out to be one of the best. Decision set the program back for years.

I agree that coaches are underpaid as well as the teachers. We can do better, maybe not SC level, but better.

I am a NC high school sports fan. I love football in SE NC. It’s a lot more fun, from a fan’s perspective, when WRH, Clinton, East Duplin, James Kenan, and SWO are playing well. If Coach Johnson does leave, I hope you find a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT