ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Whiteville (poll)

Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 39 72.2%
  • Whiteville

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters
I saw him against WRH elite looking speed. If we can penetrate and make him dodge before he cranks it up we can slow him down. Not sure we can but we’ll see.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
looking forward to tons of updates on this one. Wish both teams well. I've seen a little of Clinton this year, and I'll say this, I've seen some of your other teams over the last several years, and I'll say this team just looks different. Big and fast, it's a long season, and anything can happen, but I believe you guys have a special team. Again, wish both teams an injury free game.

Shut McLaurin down(easier said than done) and you guys have an excellent chance imo. He's the key to their offense. He'll get alot of touches, and he's very quick and slippery. They very big in the tranches also. Good luck. It's a shame nobody is airing this game
Olddog77, It’s about the DarkHirse defense,the offense is really good; the defense is great! That’s what wins big ballgames

We got another Josiah that’s pretty good in his own right. McLaurin is special but don’t sleep on #4 Robinson. And when #10 gets the ball oh boy. Don’t see too many that size running the way he does. But I have to agree with Wiz when it’s all said in done I think the defense will be key. Defensive front is legit.

Why is Clinton not in the ECC anymore?
Was a rumor about Duplin County members having a secret backroom meeting voting Clinton out of the ECC after Clinton’s 3 straight conference championships in the league from 2018-2020(spring season) but of course it wasn’t true just rumor and hearsay. It was just standard realignment a couple of the drafts had Clinton and the Duplin schools together but also had small 1A schools like Hobbton and North Duplin included and just wouldn’t work out. But ultimately we ended up in this conference with the Robeson/Bladen County schools. I know some weren’t happy about it but it happened before probably will happen again in the future. Don’t always get to stick with the same schools.

I assume the Clinton fans will be traveling down 701 to Whiteville. After you go through the 2 new roundabouts at the Hwy 74 intersection is where the restaurants start...mostly fast food. Burger King, Bojangles, Smithfields, Arbys, McDonalds, Jersey Mikes and a Chinese place beside Food Lion. Then after the 2nd traffic light is Hardees, Wendys, KFC, Cookout, Sonics and a Waffle International. Also the concession stand on the home side has the normal game day food...hot dogs, pizza and etc.

Also just a heads up....after the 2 roundabouts there is some road construction in progress so be aware of the traffic pattern.

Look forward to big crowd and a good game.

I assume the Clinton fans will be traveling down 701 to Whiteville. After you go through the 2 new roundabouts at the Hwy 74 intersection is where the restaurants start...mostly fast food. Burger King, Bojangles, Smithfields, Arbys, McDonalds, Jersey Mikes and a Chinese place beside Food Lion. Then after the 2nd traffic light is Hardees, Wendys, KFC, Cookout, Sonics and a Waffle International. Also the concession stand on the home side has the normal game day food...hot dogs, pizza and etc.

Also just a heads up....after the 2 roundabouts there is some road construction in progress so be aware of the traffic pattern.

Turn right at Walgreens historic Legion Stadium is on the left about a mile out of town.

Is Dales Seafood still down there?
I believe it was there I had dinner with HOF Gaylord Perry to see a baseball game (Tommy Greene?) A friend of mine from Clinton was in sports agentry and he hired Perry to go with us . Interesting ride from Clinton and back and dinner table talk. We tried our best to make baseball intelligent talk with him. A giant of a manI remember he said he could dial in his pitch to which corner of a Juicey fruit chewing wrapper you wanted him to put it on..I asked him were there any batter mannerisms that annoyed him. He said he’d hit a batter if he saw him peaking back at the catchers mit

Is Dales Seafood still down there?
I believe it was there I had dinner with HOF Gaylord Perry to see a baseball game (Tommy Greene?) A friend of mine from Clinton was in sports agentry and he hired Perry to go with us . Interesting ride from Clinton and back and dinner table talk. We tried our best to make baseball intelligent talk with him. A giant of a manI remember he said he could dial in his pitch to which corner of a Juicey fruit chewing wrapper you wanted him to put it on..I asked him were there any batter mannerisms that annoyed him. He said he’d hit a batter if he saw him peaking back at the catchers mit
Yes it is. Several blocks on the left side of the road from Walgreens straight up 701 toward Tabor City. Next to Pigford Chicken. Can't miss it.

It's not lost on me that a town that's almost twice as small as Clinton has a Cookout, Sonic, Smithfield's and Zaxby's, while Clinton has none of said restaurants.

It's not lost on me that a town that's almost twice as small as Clinton has a Cookout, Sonic, Smithfield's and Zaxby's, while Clinton has none of said restaurants.
Highway 74 and the ocean would be two major factors as to why those restaurants exist. I have stopped there myself.

You don’t post or act like one….Brian simmons has the game Even or a toss up and he’s pretty darn accurate. Go Pack!

No one’s lining up to hear your opinion either young man. I’ve about had enough of this type of liberal media. Don’t get my ants stirred up. I hope those Horses crush your White ville hearts tonight. I’ll be pulling for my home town Wildcats ✊🏿
I got something to kill ants. Believe me when i tell you it works, so come on down and lets see if it works on you. then you can say goodby for good. If anyone is a cod lapping liberal it is you. I'am done with you and your ants.

Last edited:
It's b/c Whiteville has a bypass with quick on/off options to get to numerous restaurants, while Clinton has, hell, don't know what you call it, but it sure ain't a bypass. Coming from Fayetteville you zip right by the metropolis's of Stedman, Autryville, Salemburg, etc. , but when you get to Clinton the speed drops to 35mph and you have to make a U-turn or a blind left turn across traffic to get to most anything. So now if I need to gas up or get a bite in that area I make a quick on/off in Roseboro.

You know what, forget this bad hip. I'm popping some meds and I'm headed out there. Anyone that wants to meet the ANT MAN can find me at the game. I'll be ready. I'm wearing my ant shirt, my 1983 CHS hat, wranglers, and camo crocs in sport mode

Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

I dont take offense to this because I feel like you are just stirring the pot or providing a little banter all in fun. If you are serious then Im sure there are a lot of people that would love to meet up with you at halftime.
Just a little history...Whiteville is named after James B. White who owned over 2000 acres here and was chartered in 1873. No racial overtones what so ever....just saying.

I dont take offense to this because I feel like you are just stirring the pot or providing a little banter all in fun. If you are serious than Im sure there are a lot of people that would love to meet up with you at halftime.
Just a little history...Whiteville is named after James B. White who owned over 2000 acres here and was chartered in 1873. No racial overtones what so ever....just saying.
I’ll be at concessions, opening a can for Ken Jennings here

drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT