ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

How do y’all have room in the schedule to play Gaffney, Catholic, Shelby, Burns, and still have a bye week and play all the conference games.

How do y’all have room in the schedule to play Gaffney, Catholic, Shelby, Burns, and still have a bye week and play all the conference games.
Gaffney has to be the game dropped
Can not play 11 games
Only can have 10 game in am 11 week season
They removed endowment game and added week of playoffs
So I would think Catholic replaces Gaffney

Last edited:
Reactions: rbwebster32
Gaffney has to the game dropped
Can not play 11 games
Is Catholic as strong as they were a few years back

Gaffney has to be the game dropped
Can not play 11 games
I’m not swearing to any of it. My friend who is a Catholic alum and is in that program texted me and said Crest and Catholic signed an agreement for week 4 for 3 years. He said Catholic is coming to Crest this year.

Gaffney still has Crest on the schedule for 8-23 as of now.

I’m just sharing what I was told. I can’t personally confirm nor deny it.

Reactions: Chopper747
I think it's a terrible football move... Gaffney is a standard u want to test yourself, right??
We set the standard last season , played them beat them.
The HC that set the game up is no longer the HC at Crest. Different coach , I think it’s a great move.
Catholic a powerhouse year after year.
Love it
Wouldn’t mind playing Gaffney but decisions were made and this is a great alternative.

Reactions: smashmouth5
Breaking that agreement with Gaffney pretty much guarantees y'all won't play them again for a long time. That's really messed up to set up games for the next few years. Play one of them at home, then scrap the rest. Looks like you got the win you weren't supposed to get and are afraid to play them in their redemption game at their place. If that was Burns, you'd be clowning us, now you're celebrating the decision.

Breaking that agreement with Gaffney pretty much guarantees y'all won't play them again for a long time. That's really messed up to set up games for the next few years. Play one of them at home, then scrap the rest. Looks like you got the win you weren't supposed to get and are afraid to play them in their redemption game at their place. If that was Burns, you'd be clowning us, now you're celebrating the decision.

I haven't seen a decision. Not to mention what team (if any) backed out of the agreement. Can you post your sources besides this message board?

But it's alright if Gaffney got beat by little ol 3a Crest and backed out right?. If they backed out we probably won't play them for a long time.

Maybe Burns will play them....... LOL................NEVER!
Oh if Gaffney backed out, it's equally bad or worse. Taking an L then breaking the contract is cowardly.

We will never have to worry about Burns and playing gaffney they don’t have the onions to play them.

Look Gaffney had to find a sure win first game ,
Crest was to big of a task and a risk they get beat again
Word is Gaffney paid IMG big money for first game of year , someone Gaffney will have a chance with

Reactions: crestrulz
Really like old times then with Lloyd on staff and Crest playing BYE the first week.

Now just gotta lighten the Ashbrook schedule and have them 4-0 coming over to Crest.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
Shut up paw paw..... Several years ago someone mispelled Lion as LOIN on a poster or something and hes called me that ever since...

Hes a punk with a cigarette, you know the type... HA HA..... Coug is good people to be honest....
Does that make you the LOIN king? King of loins? Boneless loins or no?

• Haha
Reactions: Shelby Lion
1960. Coach Allen took Shelby down there and won. Gaffney could have got their revenge with next couple teams he had.

Gaffney went on to be South Carolina State Champions in 1960.
They were ranked # 1 in SC when we beat them.

Gaffney Football is the most successful, sustained, winningest high school program in South Carolina.
Sound familiar?
And Shelby, NC’s # 1, is only 15 miles away.

Explain that.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
Gaffney went on to be South Carolina State Champions in 1960.
They were ranked # 1 in SC when we beat them.

Gaffney Football is the most successful, sustained, winningest high school program in South Carolina.
Sound familiar?
And Shelby, NC’s # 1, is only 15 miles away.

Explain that.
Too much of a drive for about 30 years apparently.

Too much of a drive for about 30 years apparently.

Not sure who wouldn’t play who, or why.
But Shelby went to the State Title game 10 times over those 30 years, winning 7 Championships.
Gaffney won 5.
That’s 15 Title Games…half of them.

Think about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT