ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

We definitely weren’t good enough defensively to when a state last season..
I agree but offenses and QB play have evolved so much in recent years. It’s hard to have a shut down defense, especially deep in the playoffs. It wasn’t too long ago when all of the best teams were just run oriented.

Reactions: NC Joker
I agree but offenses and QB play have evolved so much in recent years. It’s hard to have a shut down defense, especially deep in the playoffs. It wasn’t too long ago when all of the best teams were just run oriented.
Agreed. Though is hard to guarantee that you will get those 35-40 points every night to make the run.

Reactions: NC Joker and New3ra
He’s talking about Nick Eddings. He had 3 plays drawn on a napkin. Not four. Three.

Good riddance.
I watched him OC NC's team in the shrine bowl the same way back in December. Some incredible offensive talent. Two of the best receivers the state has ever seen.

"The South’s defense held North Carolina to just 49 yards of total offense and three first downs in the game."

The North Carolina offensive MVP was the punter.

NC had (NEGATIVE) -7 passing yards.

It was embarrassing. Love the guy but offense is not his thing.

Izay Bridges looked at us in the stands and said he keeps calling the same damn plays that aren't working. He was so frustrated.

I watched him OC NC's team in the shrine bowl the same way back in December. Some incredible offensive talent. Two of the best receivers the state has ever seen.

"The South’s defense held North Carolina to just 49 yards of total offense and three first downs in the game."

Izay Bridges looked at us in the stands and said he keeps calling the same damn plays that aren't working. He was so frustrated.
The question of the day is who thought it was a good idea to allow him to be on the staff of an allstar team much less the OC!

I think a lot of people underestimate how hard it is to win a state title.
Take last year Crest rolling and get beat by Dudley , IMO Hickory was better than Crest at that time.
It is very hard to win a state title unless you are in 2A. lol
I think that something was going on with Tater at the end of the year …. He was just off imo.
The defense played good enough (not great ..but good enough) Hickory really got lucky that it was raining the night they played Dudley. Now hickory was a very solid team that didn’t really make mistakes. But the team that beat Crest in the 4th round was not the same team that lost to Hickory…
Crest had a good of a shot to play for a championship as any team I seen all year ..as long as that offense was rolling they were not going to be stopped and I don’t think that it was a “other teams figured them out “ deal either.. Tater was just off and he had to be perfect.. and he wasn’t. I’m sure that the way last year ended still stings because I truly believe Crest had what it took to raise a trophy.. now with all this crap that’s been going on … IF … I was a Crest fan I would be double sick and mildly concerned. The Ranch has been rocking for the last 2 years … can the new coach keep that energy? ?? We shall see I guess 😂

Reactions: beamer24

The offense was junk at Crest for sure. Shrine Bowl looked like Qb showed up half an hour before the game. Something they need to figure out if the game is going to continue with any interest.

I think that something was going on with Tater at the end of the year …. He was just off imo.
The defense played good enough (not great ..but good enough) Hickory really got lucky that it was raining the night they played Dudley. Now hickory was a very solid team that didn’t really make mistakes. But the team that beat Crest in the 4th round was not the same team that lost to Hickory…
Crest had a good of a shot to play for a championship as any team I seen all year ..as long as that offense was rolling they were not going to be stopped and I don’t think that it was a “other teams figured them out “ deal either.. Tater was just off and he had to be perfect.. and he wasn’t. I’m sure that the way last year ended still stings because I truly believe Crest had what it took to raise a trophy.. now with all this crap that’s been going on … IF … I was a Crest fan I would be double sick and mildly concerned. The Ranch has been rocking for the last 2 years … can the new coach keep that energy? ?? We shall see I guess 😂
Radio crew mentioned late in season he was forgoing rush yards in front of him to try a pass. Maybe he was more banged up than known and didn’t want to deal with pounding.

I agree and disagree with some of what you said. I believe the way Crest played all year that it would eventually catch up with them as good as they were offensively. They had a handful of games were they had to come from behind to win and eventually that comes back to bite you. I don’t think Tater was off, I think teams were just better but he did look hesitant to run deeper in the playoffs.
I believe Dudley made the mistake of not preparing for Hickory as much as they did for Crest and took them lightly. They looked very unprepared from a game point standpoint as if they had the west wrapped up after beating Crest. Hickory didn’t have that big third or fourth round game to look forward to like a Crest, WC or Dudley did.
Hickory, even though they return a good amount on offense. I don’t see them repeating. They had a ton of breaks last season. They went under the radar to most people throughout the year, which won’t be the case next season. They were at home for every playoff game and IMO they got put on the easier side of the bracket. Crest had to go through a gauntlet while they were on cruise control.

Last edited:
I agree and disagree with some of what you said. I believe the way Crest played all year that it would eventually catch up with them as good as they were offensively. They had a handful of games were they had to come from behind to win and eventually that comes back to bite you. I don’t think Tater was off, I think teams were just better but he did look hesitant to run deeper in the playoffs.
I believe Dudley made the mistake of not preparing for Hickory as much as they did for Crest and took them lightly. They looked very unprepared from a game point standpoint as if they had the west wrapped up after beating Crest. Hickory didn’t have that big third or fourth round game to look forward to like a Crest, WC or Dudley did.
Hickory, even though they return a good amount on offense. I don’t see them repeating. They had a ton of breaks last season. They went under the radar to most people throughout the year, which won’t be the case next season. They were at home for every playoff game and IMO they got put on the easier side of the bracket. Crest had to go through a gauntlet while they were on cruise control.
For the most part we totally agree.. especially on the Hickory v Dudley game … that was not the same team or energy I seen the week before at Crest .. but that was the same Hickory team that I had seen play earlier in the year against East Lincoln.

Reactions: New3ra
For the most part we totally agree.. especially on the Hickory v Dudley game … that was not the same team or energy I seen the week before at Crest .. but that was the same Hickory team that I had seen play earlier in the year against East Lincoln.
Hickory’s quarterback was and still is the X-factor. He can put the team on his back when needed. While Hickory’s offense was elite all year, the Red Tornadoes defense was average to a little below average at best. Hickory’s offensive output hid a lot of their defensive flaws. Hickory’s run defense was atrocious against good teams all year but Hickory’s offense was so potent that teams were forced to go away from their running game to keep up. I seen this happen time and again in their games. Multiple teams may have been more talented than Hickory 1-22 personnel wise but containing their quarterback is an absolute problem for anybody. I believe it will be Dudley and Hickory in the western finals again.

I disagree with that wholeheartedly with the athletes they have. Nobody plays press coverage anymore and they don't totally drill the quarterback every time he throws the ball. He'll be looking to throw it quick if you've got a pass rush. If you can beat them up at the line of scrimmage not let them get free till 10 yd You're going to have a hard time. Crest has the athletes outside to do that. Most of those schools do. They just don't teach it.

Reactions: Crestuff
I think a lot of people underestimate how hard it is to win a state title.
Take last year Crest rolling and get beat by Dudley , IMO Hickory was better than Crest at that time.
It is very hard to win a state title unless you are in 2A. lol
3A was brutal last year, you could have merged the 3A and 4A playoffs together and every game would still take 4qtrs to win.

I seen where one of the assistant coaches from Crest, Coach Bowman accepted the head coach position at Cherryville High School. What did Bowman coach at Crest?

Last edited:
I also read today that Kings Mountain and Crest High Schools both had active shooter “swatting” calls today. What are people thinking? I hope the people responsible for this are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Last edited:
Good Thing he wasn’t involved with Jim, that ship didn’t last long. More like the titanic, greatest thing since sliced bread and then taken down by rock.

I also read today that Kings Mountain and Crest High Schools both had active shooter “swatting” calls today. What are people thinking? I hope the people responsible for this are caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
Same thing happened at Thomasville High School. My guess is a combination of April Fools Day and some idiotic social media challenge.

East Lincoln, Hickory, Freedom and South Caldwell all had hoax calls as well. Think a few schools down east had them as well.

tumblr_inline_p5mepuDdtM1v6ll71_400.gifv

East Lincoln, Hickory, Freedom and South Caldwell all had hoax calls as well. Think a few schools down east had them as well.
Spoke to our police chief today. Apparently there is a service on one of the social media platforms where one can pay to have a “swatting” call made. Untraceable umber, probably spoofed and overseas.

lesters-possum-park-goofy-movie-t-shirt.multi.jpeg
Don’t worry that I am, but I can’t wait to see who it is when the white smoke from Sid Bryson clears but till then CRuST fans will all be having a Good Hoe Down at Lester’s!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT