ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

It'll be Lloyd.
I can feel the enthusiasm coming from you lol. It could have been much worse, you could have ended up with a German swim coach as your head coach. I think ole Greg was playing with a stacked deck in this interview process lol.

I can feel the enthusiasm coming from you lol. It could have been much worse, you could have ended up with a German swim coach as your head coach. I think ole Greg was playing with a stacked deck in this interview process lol.
You know some things but you do not know everything. Barnes was the choice. They tried hard but just couldn’t work it all out. That’s why it had taken so long. The deck was not stacked. Crest settled. That’ll piss some people off but I don’t care.

So they did what they had to do. I got no problem with Lloyd as a person.

As a coach what has he accomplished to grant him the keys to 6 time? Didn’t he take the job and then change his mind a while back? It is what it is. We’re good enough now. I hope he does well. But, it’s definitely different over here. This ain’t KM. Mediocre won’t cut it. We’ll let you know.

My guess is the next coach will come with him. We’ll see soon enough. Just pay attention. Pay close attention.

You know some things but you do not know everything. Barnes was the choice. They tried hard but just couldn’t work it all out. That’s why it had taken so long. The deck was not stacked. Crest settled. That’ll piss some people off but I don’t care.

As a coach what has he accomplished to grant him the keys to 6 time? Didn’t he take the job and then change his mind a while back? It is what it is. We’re good enough now. I hope he does well. But, it’s definitely different over here. This ain’t KM. Mediocre won’t cut it. We’ll let you know.

My guess is the next coach will come with him. We’ll see soon enough. Just pay attention. Pay close attention.
Greg did apply way back then, but once he came in for an interview and visited the weight room and field house he pulled his name out. A lot of us felt that visit to field house turned him away. I was with the group that went in that Saturday to try and clean it to make it more presentable. Crest had an open wound at that time that needed to be cleaned and I think a new set of eyes was needed for that. It certainly worked out with those new eyes. We are now seeing the transition back to a Crest program in Crest hands. And it has worked out both ways. Maybe the football gods intend for Greg to get his first title at Crest. 😁

Exactly why I question how many current assistant coaches will stay. Coaches talk and I was figuring 4 or 5 may leave if he was hired but if he brings someone else along to groom to take his spot, I could see more leave.

Exactly why I question how many current assistant coaches will stay. Coaches talk and I was figuring 4 or 5 may leave if he was hired but if he brings someone else along to groom to take his spot, I could see more leave.
I wonder about how the the staff will shake out also. I’ve heard a couple of things already but will wait like everyone else to see how that whole thing shakes out.

Plus we don't have to worry about him stealing the silverware.
Big Mouth Lol GIF by MOODMAN

Opened the tweeter machine this morning and see where big 56 (I think thats his number) is heading to Marvin Ridge.. Fine young man with a high high ceiling..... He will be a tremendous loss for that offensive line... Good luck big man.... Go get em...

Opened the tweeter machine this morning and see where big 56 (I think thats his number) is heading to Marvin Ridge.. Fine young man with a high high ceiling..... He will be a tremendous loss for that offensive line... Good luck big man.... Go get em...
Yep a big loss I think his OL trainer is the OL Coach there..

Guess all those visits and camps before this season were pretend. Good luck to him.

Appears the portal did give a Qb and WR if X is to be believed.

Guess all those visits and camps before this season were pretend. Good luck to him.

Appears the portal did give a Qb and WR if X is to be believed.

Too much fake news going around to know what's real or not. Some folks need to slow down a little. But people gonna do what suits them... the kids will work it out and be fine

Too much fake news going around to know what's real or not. Some folks need to slow down a little. But people gonna do what suits them... the kids will work it out and be fine
In this instance it was from their own profiles. But will believe it once August arrives.

I agree and I could be wrong but it seems like from the chatter here and around that we put our eggs in 2 baskets and when plan A didn't work out we had what we had.

Seems like a settle to me, and maybe I'm over playing Crest's ability to reel in a big time coach who knows.

Lloyd will be okay he will win alot but those lots of wins will have to be in late November and not in September and October to keep this side happy.

I agree and I could be wrong but it seems like from the chatter here and around that we put our eggs in 2 baskets and when plan A didn't work out we had what we had.

Seems like a settle to me, and maybe I'm over playing Crest's ability to reel in a big time coach who knows.

Lloyd will be okay he will win alot but those lots of wins will have to be in late November and not in September and October to keep this side happy.
Facts

The stacked deck comment was in reference to the Lloyd and current Crest administration relationship. No matter how it worked out with Barnes or any other coaches, Lloyd had some advantages of relationship that other coaches didn’t have. This is a huge advantage in those behind the scenes conversations that are held off the record. My impression is that Barnes was definitely the favorite of the true Crest football fans but Lloyd was the favorite of the Crest/Cleveland County powers to be. Congrats, I think Coach Lloyd will do a great job and will more than likely be grooming the next Crest coach in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: NC Joker

There was definitely more than 2 baskets.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
It's likey GL would have won multiple state championships had he accepted the job at crest in 2010 and stayed there 14 yrs. GL is a very good head football coach and even better person. Yep, sure, maybe he should've won a ship or two at KM, idk, I still can't believe the drubbing KM took from EL in the playoffs two years ago with that talent. The seven OT PO gm vs CC was a tough loss and despite his critics being quick to point out “he should've gone for two”. Going for two was not a guarantee to win. Look at all the rings Crest left out there 97-00-01-05-10-13. They missed out on several so has others teams.

No one can argue GL didn't build one hell of a consistent winning FB program at KM. He also took a perennial losing East Gaston FB program and won a conference title in less than 3 years. That was a great coaching job.

Not winning a state title to this point in his HC coaching career doesn't make him a bad coach, but winning at least one when he had the chance would make him a GREAT HC and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now because he would still be at KM.

KM is starving to win a state title that's why the great Toupee Boy was hired after GL resigned. The interesting part is how badly the KM fans will feel if GL wins a ring or two at Crest. I got a feeling the OP of this thread will being spewing and laughing his ass off at the KM faithful. Personally, I think KM had the better coach in GL vs TB. Time will tell. Can't wait till KM vs Crest game. Payback could be a bitch. I wouldn't want TBs job right now. Talking bout the pressure of KM losing to GL and Crest. 🥱 oh 💩

It's likey GL would have won multiple state championships had he accepted the job at crest in 2010 and stayed there 14 yrs. GL is a very good head football coach and even better person. Yep, sure, maybe he should've won a ship or two at KM, idk, I still can't believe the drubbing KM took from EL in the playoffs two years ago with that talent. The seven OT PO gm vs CC was a tough loss and despite his critics being quick to point out “he should've gone for two”. Going for two was not a guarantee to win. Look at all the rings Crest left out there 97-00-01-05-10-13. They missed out on several so has others teams.

No one can argue GL didn't build one hell of a consistent winning FB program at KM. He also took a perennial losing East Gaston FB program and won a conference title in less than 3 years. That was a great coaching job.

Not winning a state title to this point in his HC coaching career doesn't make him a bad coach, but winning at least one when he had the chance would make him a GREAT HC and we wouldn't be having this conversation right now because he would still be at KM.

KM is starving to win a state title that's why the great Toupee Boy was hired after GL resigned. The interesting part is how badly the KM fans will feel if GL wins a ring or two at Crest. I got a feeling the OP of this thread will being spewing and laughing his ass off at the KM faithful. Personally, I think KM had the better coach in GL vs TB. Time will tell. Can't wait till KM vs Crest game. Payback could be a bitch. I wouldn't want TBs job right now. Talking bout the pressure of KM losing to GL and Crest. 🥱 oh 💩
I think it adds juice to the rivalry. All good coaches have strengths and weaknesses. I think the keys to any consistent winning program besides the head coach are (1) athletes and feeders (2) good assistant coaches (3) facilities (4) support for program (5) stability. Coach Lloyd can coach offense no doubt so that will not be a problem. The biggest questions will surround the future of the defense and how fast Crest offensive line can adapt to Coach Lloyd’s offensive scheme. The running back for Crest should have a tremendous year under Lloyd running the ball and with Lloyd’s screen game which is elite.

Love Coach Barnes, but let’s not forget, he didn't win a title until he got to Crest and he had some great teams at Scotland. He continues to win at Sumter but no title. Coach Lloyd has won at all his stops. He won at East Gaston, Kings Mtn. and Starmount. He still needs that title and maybe Crest will be his place to get his too.
100% facts. He had some great teams at Scotland that didn’t win it all. People forget that.

I got a feeling the OP of this thread will being spewing and laughing his ass off at the KM faithful. Personally,
The original poster of this thread would do that no matter what.

I respect people’s opinions but I know some things. If a couple things would have tweaked Barnes is the coach at Crest right now.

#2 after the 14th overtime you either have balls or you don’t.

I like Greg Lloyd. We could have did way worse. He is a good man. He is a decent coach and I’m happy that Crest took care of a Crest man and I hope he wins his ring here. That would be storybook.

He doesn’t have a toupee and not be ran off from anywhere so that is a plus. The pressure is squarely on KM and coach Mo Howard for sure.

I wish Coach Lloyd and his family nothing but the best and I pray he has much success leading the Crest Chargers.

I’m truly thankful our facilities and job are good enough for him to want to be our coach this time. 😮

I bleed green Pal. Green and Gold until I’m dead and cold. I don’t deal in subliminal messages either.

Last edited:
Yup I know you do.

Crest has had some good ones no doubt and GL will get his chance to win a ring in the next three yrs. Crest is pretty loaded for now. The key to his success will be putting a staff together, especially a defensive staff, OL coach and S&C coach. I bet Greg is fired up and ready to roll. It's hard not to pull for him.

Btw Rulz..... you're right imo.... Barnes is the best ever to wear the HC Hat at Crest.

Agree Lloyd gotta step it up in November because as I remember his time at KM that KM Elite formed and that helped KM’s program and then Shamar Finneys training also boosted that program defensively!

Is Coach Lloyd going to break some coaches with him or bring in some that have been coaching with him before?

Is Coach Lloyd going to break some coaches with him or bring in some that have been coaching with him before?
The biggest question is does he keep his old defensive coordinator after that E Lincoln debacle they last had together..

So I'm assuming you are implying that Lloyd was the best of the choices that would have come or we could get? If that's the case it is what it is.

Don't get me wrong I'm good with Lloyd, because it's not a mistake to hire him a mistake would have been another "Napkin Playbook Nick"!

Care to elaborate on what you mean by this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT