ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

KM talks a good one but we know how that worked out last season against Crest
They had the greatest defense in the history of CC , lol
And lost a ton off that defense
I expect KM to improve as year goes on , we shall see at the end where we both stand.

The rankings are pretty accurate as of now
Crest will get better as year goes on
Having to replace a lot of production on the offense. Have very talented and young skill kids coming up that played some last season
Will be another great CC football season coming up.

SL will not be allowed in our spacious new press box / concession stand
We like to keep the winders spit stain free
KM had a very good DEFENSE but THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS aka SUPER TEAM had the GREATEST OFFENSE of ALL TIMES but didn't even make it to the Western conference FINALS what HAPPENED.

KM had a very good DEFENSE but THE MIGHTY CREST CHARGERS aka SUPER TEAM had the GREATEST OFFENSE of ALL TIMES but didn't even make it to the Western conference FINALS what HAPPENED.
New Year Resolution GIF

Man I had a couple of people forward me an interesting discussion in progress on Facebook right now amongst Cleveland County fans about the youth feeder programs. It is actually a Crest fan who helps run one of the youth leagues up that way (Springmore) posting and giving KM major props for the way KM has developed their youth feeder program. This guy is telling the Shelby and Crest youth leagues guys that the KM feeder program is the “blue print” that all of the youth programs in CC should copy and follow. He stated that he would like to see Springmore, BS, and #3 work together to form one feeder program into Crest and the Panthers out of Shelby and other organizations in Shelby should combine to be the feeder for Shelby. Of course some Crest and Shelby guys mentioned the no state titles but this guy stuck to his guns by saying that you can see what KM is building with their feeder and why it will help KM athletics long term and that the Crest and Shelby people need to take the rivalry part out of it and view the KM feeder for how good it really is right now compared to the rest of the county. Of course some in the comments showed why collaboration is so hard in the County with negativity or hyping up their own youth programs even if those rival programs feed into the same school. It is some great ideas bouncing around on the post. I do agree that KM has the best feeder in CC by far but if Springmore, BS, and #3 were to combine that would be a monster of a feeder for Crest. Same with Shelby. I can’t speak on Burns. Props to the Crest guy that started the who conversation about all of this and recognizing what KM is doing in their feeder programs into middle school.

The biggest issue with the youth programs is that if you go to, say, Union and you want to play at Springmore then that is not possible but you can go and sign up at the park to play for Shelby Panthers. Same is true if you wanted to play for KM. My wife worked with a lady who's son went to Elizabeth but decide to play in KM. Boiling Springs and #3 had to combine their programs this year to field a team. There were a lot of issues that led to this but something isn't right when 2 of the largest elementary schools in the county need to combine to field a team.

The biggest issue with the youth programs is that if you go to, say, Union and you want to play at Springmore then that is not possible but you can go and sign up at the park to play for Shelby Panthers. Same is true if you wanted to play for KM. My wife worked with a lady who's son went to Elizabeth but decide to play in KM. Boiling Springs and #3 had to combine their programs this year to field a team. There were a lot of issues that led to this but something isn't right when 2 of the largest elementary schools in the county need to combine to field a team.
Preach brother !

A lot of soccer moms at Boiling Springs.

Speaking from being thru the Youth league in CC nothing will change until the higher up is changed.
CC league is a dictatorship, and when you purposely tell kids that they cannot go to one particular school due to that school being dominate there is a problem. I was very fortunate to be on a lot of championship winning staffs at that that, so this isn’t sour grapes.
But if you want to get better the ones in charge has to change and get forward thinking people in those positions.
Should be all about the kids and their experiences at that age and it’s not.

The biggest issue with the youth programs is that if you go to, say, Union and you want to play at Springmore then that is not possible but you can go and sign up at the park to play for Shelby Panthers. Same is true if you wanted to play for KM. My wife worked with a lady whose son went to Elizabeth but decide to play in KM. Boiling Springs and #3 had to combine their programs this year to field a team. There were a lot of issues that led to this but something isn't right when 2 of the largest elementary schools in the county need to combine to field a team.
Burns, Shelby, and Crest all had players on their rosters every year for the last few that came up through the KM Elite program. I was kind of surprised that the youth teams that feed into Crest district didn’t really work together that well. The gentleman speaking for the CC Seminoles seemed like he was only concerned about himself and not the kids to be honest.

Burns, Shelby, and Crest all had players on their rosters every year for the last few that came up through the KM Elite program. I was kind of surprised that the youth teams that feed into Crest district didn’t really work together that well. The gentleman speaking for the CC Seminoles seemed like he was only concerned about himself and not the kids to be honest.
It's hard to do with the way things are ran.

Man I had a couple of people forward me an interesting discussion in progress on Facebook right now amongst Cleveland County fans about the youth feeder programs. It is actually a Crest fan who helps run one of the youth leagues up that way (Springmore) posting and giving KM major props for the way KM has developed their youth feeder program. This guy is telling the Shelby and Crest youth leagues guys that the KM feeder program is the “blue print” that all of the youth programs in CC should copy and follow. He stated that he would like to see Springmore, BS, and #3 work together to form one feeder program into Crest and the Panthers out of Shelby and other organizations in Shelby should combine to be the feeder for Shelby. Of course some Crest and Shelby guys mentioned the no state titles but this guy stuck to his guns by saying that you can see what KM is building with their feeder and why it will help KM athletics long term and that the Crest and Shelby people need to take the rivalry part out of it and view the KM feeder for how good it really is right now compared to the rest of the county. Of course some in the comments showed why collaboration is so hard in the County with negativity or hyping up their own youth programs even if those rival programs feed into the same school. It is some great ideas bouncing around on the post. I do agree that KM has the best feeder in CC by far but if Springmore, BS, and #3 were to combine that would be a monster of a feeder for Crest. Same with Shelby. I can’t speak on Burns. Props to the Crest guy that started the who conversation about all of this and recognizing what KM is doing in their feeder programs into middle school.
Do you think KM Elite will ever join up with the KM Optimist?

There is a lot of good in the leagues in the county but for me the bad finally out weighed the good in one particular meeting two years ago so I decided it was time for me to go... I met ole Sausage from this league and he like me was always about the kids and making the league successful... I do believe the vast majority feel that way but there is some issues abound that until folks stop making it about their particular school or their way instead of whats best for the league and the kids of this county then it will continue to be status quo....

Lots of wonderful memories made and friendships over the years though so thats what I focus on...

There is a lot of good in the leagues in the county but for me the bad finally out weighed the good in one particular meeting two years ago so I decided it was time for me to go... I met ole Sausage from this league and he like me was always about the kids and making the league successful... I do believe the vast majority feel that way but there is some issues abound that until folks stop making it about their particular school or their way instead of whats best for the league and the kids of this county then it will continue to be status quo....

Lots of wonderful memories made and friendships over the years though so thats what I focus on...
I remember when Hitman and I were the peewee coaches for the first year of Springmore football. We had 12 players and were competitive and actually won 1 game. Great times.

Reactions: Shelby Lion
The most embarrassing lost of the season came from your guys😂😂 thats possibly the worst ever for your program.. only 30’yards total offense are whatever it was..😂

Do you think KM Elite will ever join up with the KM Optimist?
No. I think that they will work together at some point but it’s two different missions for those organizations. KM Elite does flag football for the younger kids to introduce the game and then youth league football where there are no weight limits for the kids in their respective age groups and have a heavy focus on development. The Optimist competes in pop warner which has very strict weight limits for their football divisions. I went down to watch some Optimist games a few years back and every single team had all “dads” with kids on their teams coaching each team. Every Optimist team quarterback and primary running back for each team had their dads coaching them lol.

The most embarrassing lost of the season came from your guys😂😂 thats possibly the worst ever for your program.. only 30’yards total offense are whatever it was..😂
I think you are miss remembering AC REYNOLDS had only 30 or so TOTAL YARDS of OFFENSE KM move the ball pretty good just COULDN'T SCORE.

No. I think that they will work together at some point but it’s two different missions for those organizations. KM Elite does flag football for the younger kids to introduce the game and then youth league football where there are no weight limits for the kids in their respective age groups and have a heavy focus on development. The Optimist competes in pop warner which has very strict weight limits for their football divisions. I went down to watch some Optimist games a few years back and every single team had all “dads” with kids on their teams coaching each team. Every Optimist team quarterback and primary running back for each team had their dads coaching them lol.
I thought they switched from Pop Warner years ago. That's what I was told by one of the coaches over 5 years ago. I know coach Scott Wells tried to get them into what was the southland league without weight restrictions 20 years ago but some wanted to stay pop warner.

Daddy Ball 😂

I thought they switched from Pop Warner years ago. That's what I was told by one of the coaches over 5 years ago. I know coach Scott Wells tried to get them into what was the southland league without weight restrictions 20 years ago but some wanted to stay pop warner.
I remember they talked about it but I am not sure they made the switch. A lot of the teams they use to play in their previous pop warner leagues changed over to youth league. It’s been several years since I been up there so not sure what they are doing exactly. I don’t mind because both programs feed into KM Middle mostly and contribute to the good numbers in KM middle school athletics. I played pop warner down at the “ Old Stadium” when I was a kid. A lot of those guys I met there later became my high school teammates and lifetime friends.

Last edited:
Burns new auditorium has opened up I noticed that it’s very nice and also has a room that could be used for film study for sports teams..Crest a couple weeks behind

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT