ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

I know that there is an officials shortage for high school sports but the game assignment and evaluation process for high school officials has to be improved. First there are too many Gastonia high school alums officiating high school games in Gaston County. I know a few of them. Everyone jokes about playing in Belmont but playing in Gastonia is getting to be almost as bad. It’s almost like the officials are purposefully slowing the games down to allow the Gastonia teams to get ready or run time off the clock. This is becoming a trend over the last couple of years. Numerous questionable whistles, numerous official conferences, and numerous flags when we go over there to play. It’s getting pretty ridiculous now and frustrating to the players, coaches, and fans.

KM is still only in the 3rd qtr due to game being slowed down so much for penalties. You name the penalty and they have called it against KM. We have to be well over twenty penalties for around 300 yds. They even called personal foul on one of our running backs when he stiff armed a defender lol.

KM is still only in the 3rd qtr due to game being slowed down so much for penalties. You name the penalty and they have called it against KM. We have to be well over twenty penalties for around 300 yds. They even called personal foul on one of our running backs when he stiff armed a defender lol.
Damn! What’s the score?

I’ve been around high school football a long time. I’ve seen bad officiating, what I thought was bias officiating in some cases, and just incompetence at times. I’ve never seen a game officiated like this. KM is going to win this game but the KM coaches should definitely protest this group of officials for what it did to this game. The game at Huss was really bad especially the first half but this one is truly special.

Reactions: Swo1980
Shelby got a 27 yard personal foul tonight.
KM got a 15yd penalty after one of their defenders laid out a Ashbrook rb on a 4th down play. The defensive guys ran off the field and celebrated the 4th down stop on the KM sideline. The official threw a flag when the kids jumped and high fived each other on their own sideline lol.

Shelby got a 27 yard personal foul tonight.
The Crest play was weird, it was 4 and 6 Crest snaps the ball gains about 10 yards while they are trying to tackle the ball carrier a flag come out. Then they spot the ball 4 or 5 yards back from where the runner was when the whistle blew, they bring the chains out measure say its 3 inches short and Crest runs another play at 4th down and inches and scores.

KM got a 15yd penalty after one of their defenders laid out a Ashbrook rb on a 4th down play. The defensive guys ran off the field and celebrated the 4th down stop on the KM sideline. The official threw a flag when the kids jumped and high fived each other on their own sideline lol.
Bridges from Shelby ran a kickoff back 85 yards, and as he was thirty yyard down field a shelby kid was clapping I guess too close to a Warrior defender and boom a penalty

The one 02 mentioned had jeff jones wondering wt heck was going on

We block the East Gaston punt, their up man caught the ball, our defender drills him on the 10 yard line, and a 15 yarder was thrown...a 27 yard penalty later it was 1st and 10 East.... Im still confused

Reactions: SHS LION
Last week Crest got a penalty for not getting on the field in a timely manner after halftime..hadn’t seen that since Kirby.

• Wow
Reactions: crestrulz
I’ve been around high school football a long time. I’ve seen bad officiating, what I thought was bias officiating in some cases, and just incompetence at times. I’ve never seen a game officiated like this. KM is going to win this game but the KM coaches should definitely protest this group of officials for what it did to this game. The game at Huss was really bad especially the first half but this one is truly special.
Yep. Been seeing it. Almost like they’re trying to equalize the game. Which I truly think happens.

Officiating as a whole is terrible. It's actually ruining games. i don't care what one of these so called used to be refs says either.

No one comes to a football game wanting to see refs clown up a game. Last night the white hat had to lose 50 pounds going t=from sieline to sideline explaining himself to both coaches and then the refs huddling together for 5 minutes trying to make crap up only to pick up the flag and wave their BS off.

Officiating as a whole is terrible. It's actually ruining games. i don't care what one of these so called used to be refs says either.

No one comes to a football game wanting to see refs clown up a game. Last night the white hat had to lose 50 pounds going t=from sieline to sideline explaining himself to both coaches and then the refs huddling together for 5 minutes trying to make crap up only to pick up the flag and wave their BS off.
The white hat last night for Crest game had no business calling a game
Part of the reason for terrible calls is most of the refs are older , they simply cannot keep up with todays game speed
And no younger cats are signing up to be officials.
So we are stuck with grandpa throwing a flag being 40 yards behind the play.
Pathetic.

KM week is here
Both undefeated
Tik Tock Binkys Hoes
One week from today you KM will
#SADDLEUP&FINDOUT
#SUFO

Last edited:
The white hat last night for Crest game had no business calling a game
Part of the reason for terrible calls is most of the refs are older , they simply cannot keep up with todays game speed
And no younger cats are signing up to be officials.
So we are stuck with grandpa throwing a flag being 40 yards behind the play.
Pathetic.
That dude was just making up crap. Ruined the game.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
Last week at Polk v Chase game Polk throws a int in the end zone and the Chase kid is running the ball out and headed down feild and the ref blows the play dead …… everyone on the feild kinda stops looking around the kid with the ball runs down the field like he returned a 100+ yard pick 6 …… I just happed to be looking directly at the ref that blew the whistle and as soon as he did his body language shrank (he knew he messed up bad ) the other refs were as confused as everyone else.
This was a young ref and just made a bad mistake but I have also seen some boneheaded calls this year but eventually this ref situation is going to come to hurt football as a whole

Well Crest had a 5th down play for a TD tonight.

If they give us 5 downs the rest of the year we are truly unbeatable.
Not a 5th down. Crest received an assisting the runner penalty at the end of the 4th down run. After walking off the penalty, the ball was placed inches from a first down. As is the case with most penalties, they replayed the down. Referees got it right on that one.

Not a 5th down. Crest received an assisting the runner penalty at the end of the 4th down run. After walking off the penalty, the ball was placed inches from a first down. As is the case with most penalties, they replayed the down. Referees got it right on that one.
I think the signal the ref gave was what caused confusion. Very similar to a sideline warning.

Maybe it’s me. But that was the first time I can ever remember assisting the runner called in a game I was at. I’m not saying it was the incorrect call. Just that I’ve never saw it called.

I think the signal the ref gave was what caused confusion. Very similar to a sideline warning.

Maybe it’s me. But that was the first time I can ever remember assisting the runner called in a game I was at. I’m not saying it was the incorrect call. Just that I’ve never saw it called.
It was the correct call , you can push the runner but cannot pull to assist the runner , the Crest player was pulling the runner. The signal from white hat was confusing.

Reactions: crestrulz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT