ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

I knew Scocebee or whatever his name is was a crook....but throwing deep up by 17 late in the game and then attempting an onside kick is completely classless.

Absolutely pathetic.
Why should stop trying to score? With the way Crest D played Sosebee probably didn’t feel comfortable even up 17 late.

I knew Scocebee or whatever his name is was a crook....but throwing deep up by 17 late in the game and then attempting an onside kick is completely classless.

Absolutely pathetic.
We had to keep scoring the defense got ran thru like water😂

Congratulations Chargers. If you don't win it all this year, you will have missed a great chance. Shelby will continue to get better. We fought hard.
Unlikely Crest wins title unless their front 7 improves a bunch. They will have several weeks to work on it before being tested by SP and KM.

Unlikely Crest wins title unless their front 7 improves a bunch. They will have several weeks to work on it before being tested by SP and KM.
I don't know. But I believe Crest's offense will out score them. Husky, Green, & company will be hard to stop.

Another great Crest v Shelby game tonight (they never disappoint tho ) Crest’s offense is just flat out nasty .. but Shelby is a great team it’s going to be hard for 2a teams to stop them .. Shelby does have a great young QB .. the score was lopsided looking but the games was tight for a while. Fun game

Nope.....not at all. We had this discussion a few pages back. Two of my kids were in your student section. Had fun watching them across the field. My other 2 are now Crest alum. Love the kids on your team. I've known them since kindergarten...Pluto (when he was lil' d), Lyric, AJ, used to play hockey against Monty in Sterious' PE class at Springmore....the list goes on. I know your players more than y'all do. I'm pulling for yall to win it all...like I always do.

I do, however, have a problem with a classless coach. You don't throw 50 yards downfield up by 17 late in the game. You would never see a Shelby coach do that, Devine wouldn't do that, Lloyd wouldn't have done that. You just don't do it.

Then, turn right around and attempt an onside kick. That's pathetic. You would both say the same thing if it was the other way around. That's unbelievably classless. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now because part of me wonders if Mitchell did that himself.

Remember when Jamie Smith (I believe it was) threw into the endzone in '96 on the last play of the game already leading? Could be wrong on the qb and year, but later we found out the coach told him to take a knee and he called the played himself in the huddle. Classless.

So please stop with the hate us bs. I'll always pull for the county except against Shelby.

Please go win it all. I want my kids and their friends to have that memory.

2 things I think you'll need to achieve that.
1. A run defense
2. A kicker. There has to be a soccer player that will come kick?

Best of luck.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Nope.....not at all. We had this discussion a few pages back. Two of my kids were in your student section. Had fun watching them across the field. My other 2 are now Crest alum. Love the kids on your team. I've known them since kindergarten...Pluto (when he was lil' d), Lyric, AJ, used to play hockey against Monty in Sterious' PE class at Springmore....the list goes on. I know your players more than y'all do. I'm pulling for yall to win it all...like I always do.

I do, however, have a problem with a classless coach. You don't throw 50 yards downfield up by 17 late in the game. You would never see a Shelby coach do that, Devine wouldn't do that, Lloyd wouldn't have done that. You just don't do it.

Then, turn right around and attempt an onside kick. That's pathetic. You would both say the same thing if it was the other way around. That's unbelievably classless. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt right now because part of me wonders if Mitchell did that himself.

Remember when Jamie Smith (I believe it was) threw into the endzone in '96 on the last play of the game already leading? Could be wrong on the qb and year, but later we found out the coach told him to take a knee and he called the played himself in the huddle. Classless.

So please stop with the hate us bs. I'll always pull for the county except against Shelby.

1. A run defense

Best of luck.
Maybe the coach called the onside kick in case Crest might need it in the future? Who better to practice with than a competitive team that is talented…

There were holding calls missed on both teams all night but the call they made was awful. I know we were up against the odds. 90 plus yards against that D would have been hell. Unreal defense and I was genuinely impressed. I just wanted the chance. Not the time to make that call. It is what it is.
I don’t know what was said at half time but man that was a new team in the second half on defense. They forced two fumbles and nearly had a pick. From last week til now I like what I saw in the second half. To shut them out was impressive. KM is a damn good team. Much credit to them. I feel bad for Burns. Imagine playing Crest and KM and in two weeks going to conference play. lol
I know nothing about Alexander Central. Congrats KM. You played a heck of a game.
Burns defense is tough between the tackles. I think it’s admirable that the Dawgs didn’t quit fighting. Burns secondary played much better and second half. Burns is going to be a tough out in the playoffs if you guys stay healthy. The Dawgs just need to find an adequate kicker to help out some.

Reactions: BurnsBullDog02
Burns defense is tough between the tackles. I think it’s admirable that the Dawgs didn’t quit fighting. Burns secondary played much better and second half. Burns is going to be a tough out in the playoffs if you guys stay healthy. The Dawgs just need to find an adequate kicker to help out some.
Agree! No reason we can’t find a kicker when the soccer team is killing it but if they don’t want to come out you can’t force it. Just think we will need it later in the year.

1. A run defense

Best of luck.
I have mixed emotions about stuff like that for sure. But if I’m coaching I’m not kicking it to Shelby’s skilled guys. And our coach won’t take his foot off the gas pedal. Not against a county rival. It’s Shelby’s job to stop them. Even playing field. Just my opinion

Are you turds gonna pat each other on the back with your moral victory all night ?
Nah, bro, no moral victories. Shelby is
0-3 two years in a row now. Who would have thought it. But, even in a loss, there were some good things that we as Shelby fans took away from this game, that were encouraging.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbyfan1
Was really encouraged tonight with the way Burns stayed in the game tonight. It could have gotten ugly once KM went up 21-6, but the Burns defense did what they needed to do to hold KM scoreless in the 2nd half. But man that KM defense is good.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Was really encouraged tonight with the way Burns stayed in the game tonight. It could have gotten ugly once KM went up 21-6, but the Burns defense did what they needed to do to hold KM scoreless in the 2nd half. But man that KM defense is good.
If the KM D is just good now, by the time Crest shows up, KM D is gonna be incredible…Crest HAS TO BE ready on both sides. I’m a huge believer in defense over offense. Crest vs SP is gonna be like Erwin vs SP in 2010 if Crest D doesn’t step up. We all know which side wins championships….usually.

1. A run defense

Best of luck.
You don’t ever tell the whole truth PM

SHELBY came right down and scored after that. But, you do you. I’m not trashing Shelby today. Those kids played hard and the coaches had them ready.

We’re not going to stop. You call our coach awful names on here. Yours actually told his kids to HATEUS. We used it as motivation.

I’m going to Hilton Head in less than an hour. You fellas have fun. Great game. Proud of your kids for playing with heart.

Proud of ours for battling through

Crest v Shelby … it’s always a amazing game regardless of records
Ended up going with what everyone said and went to the crest/Shelby game and it didn’t disappoint. All four teams in CC are good and have a chance to be great in December. Good luck to all four teams as it’ll be fun until they all four will be locked up together playing for a conference title in a few weeks.

Crest offense is just too hard to handle for any team. Need some work on the trenches on Defense. Great job Crest OL last night as well as they kept Shelby’s D in check. Lots of great pocket passses by QB1. Well, you know about our receiving core! Maybe our freshman kicker is the PAT answer. Great night! 3-0 going into bye week. BTW it’s good to see #90 Jonathan Bullard there last night on his last weekend break from NFL. That’s a classy guy… coming home to support his alma mater when he could’ve been back in Minnesota. Great fan support in general on the crest side last night too. It just feels good! It just feels right!

#hateus #saddleup

Shelby played their best game of the year last night . Crest took their best punch and countered again and again, and still win by two scores.
Dynasty , if I am Sosebee I ain’t kicking to 6 for Shelby ever , on side kick all night, just like Shelby should have never kicked to J6.
You can complain all you want about up 17 and being classless
Remind me Crest gets ball back with 3 no ties to go in the game , could have easily put 60 on you and took three knees to end the game.
Quit your complaining and move on to conference play where you will have 5 bye weeks then Burns.
Shelby will be fine.

Shelby played their best game of the year last night . Crest took their best punch and countered again and again, and still win by two scores.
Dynasty , if I am Sosebee I ain’t kicking to 6 for Shelby ever , on side kick all night, just like Shelby should have never kicked to J6.
You can complain all you want about up 17 and being classless
Remind me Crest gets ball back with 3 no ties to go in the game , could have easily put 60 on you and took three knees to end the game.
Quit your complaining and move on to conference play where you will have 5 bye weeks then Burns.
Shelby will be fine.
Stuart Cramer and North Gaston would finish tied for last in our conference. Throw in HH and Forestview and Crest will have four bye weeks. I haven’t figured out SP as they looked pretty good on the highlights last night and will only get better as weeks go by. I Forgot Ashbrook so Crest will also have 5 bye weeks.

Reactions: Lion Attack
Stuart Cramer and North Gaston would finish tied for last in our conference. Throw in HH and Forestview and Crest will have four bye weeks. I haven’t figured out SP as they looked pretty good on the highlights last night and will only get better as weeks go by. I Forgot Ashbrook so Crest will also have 5 bye weeks.
Not saying its a great game but ill take SC and NG vs Cville BC HTech and TJ and lay the points.

Betcha our bye week teams is still 100 fold better than your bye week teams. 😂 which still ain’t saying much.

Face it Shelby and Burns are in a crap football conference
You can bring up HH, NG SC all you want but they would beat down Cville, TJ and HT any day.
I agree for Crest it should be five bye weeks , just like last night was a bye week, get over it.
Focus on the moral victory
Shelby will be hard to handle late in season.
Don’t be too hard on BF2 this week.

Last edited:
Face it Shelby and Burns are on a crap football conference
You can bring up HH, NG SC all you want but they would best down Cville, TJ and HT any day.
I agree for Crest it should be five bye weeks , just like last night was a bye week, get over it.
Focus on the moral victory
Shelby will be hard to handle late in season.
Don’t be too hard on BF2 this week.
Looks like some already chirping. Willbanks is state champion coach. Gotta give him some grace. A lot of teams are 0-3 after starting with this schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT