ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

I still can’t believe we are playing this on a Wednesday. Disappointing. I predict a much smaller gate than most years.

Cleveland County Jamboree
Wed. Aug 9th at Shelby High School
6:00 Kings Mtn vs. AC Reynolds
7:00 Crest vs Monroe
8:00 Burns vs South Point
9:00 Shelby vs South Meck

I still can’t believe we are playing this on a Wednesday. Disappointing. I predict a much smaller gate than most years.

Agree. Good thing is we have some really good matchups so that should help some with crowd.

Any word on how the Shelby raffle is going ?
How much they got so far ?
I reached out to the Shelby "money" high brows earlier whilst downing my morning concoction of Diet Sundrop and Sugars meds.... I was shocked they picked up knowing it was me

Its well over 37 dollars at this point, they are in discussions this evening in how to relate to you pickled egg eatin types so they have contracted with some company called Wild Planet Foods to add the ability to purchase items while buying tickets... You will receive a can of Mustard Dill Sardine Tartine and a box of Equate Saltines when you buy the 5 for 20 option which should bring in the Crest folks, then by God the money will start rolling in....

Just wait till we add the pickled skoal bandits... THEN its ON!!!!!!!!!

Being honest didn't know we were doing a raffle... LOL Ive been out of the scene for a week or two

I reached out to the Shelby "money" high brows earlier whilst downing my morning concoction of Diet Sundrop and Sugars meds.... I was shocked they picked up knowing it was me

Its well over 37 dollars at this point, they are in discussions this evening in how to relate to you pickled egg eatin types so they have contracted with some company called Wild Planet Foods to add the ability to purchase items while buying tickets... You will receive a can of Mustard Dill Sardine Tartine and a box of Equate Saltines when you buy the 5 for 20 option which should bring in the Crest folks, then by God the money will start rolling in....

Just wait till we add the pickled skoal bandits... THEN its ON!!!!!!!!!

Being honest didn't know we were doing a raffle... LOL Ive been out of the scene for a week or two
Ain’t going to lie
That pickle skoal has my attention

It would have been our year to host if the pandemic had never happened but that pushed everyone back a year. Burns hosts again next year so it should be back on Friday.

It would have been our year to host if the pandemic had never happened but that pushed everyone back a year. Burns hosts again next year so it should be back on Friday.

Bottom line we cant control when American Legion has there games, but for last few times its been Shelbys time, we have to split gate to have it somewhere else...
I feel if u wanna watch football people be there on Wed .
It all work out, plus the fri after Wed. Shelby plays at another jambo at Gaffney

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Bottom line we cant control when American Legion has there games, but for last few times its been Shelbys time, we have to split gate to have it somewhere else...
I feel if u wanna watch football people be there on Wed .
It all work out, plus the fri after Wed. Shelby plays at another jambo at Gaffney
Sorry for thinking that Shelby athletics, Shelby High athletic finances and Cleveland Co. football should take more priority than American Legion baseball on its own campus every four years. Not like anyone has time to plan for this once every four years 🤦. The American Legion World Series is going to be like a high interest loan for Shelby athletics when you guys look back on this after about 20-25yrs of this. The city of Shelby benefits financially, you have nice baseball facilities, but you lost a ton of gate money that you could have used over the course of this thing.

Reactions: Crestuff and 87SwO
ROFL.. My man has his own shirt.... He will sign it for you simply to say

#WORD

Friend of mine sent this to me earlier..... I love it ha ha ha ha ha
359805368_10225407291149482_7124350282011110675_n.jpg

BTW I've seen some of you Crest Clydesdales, much like myself your gonna need something bigger than that SMEDIUM hanging there.....

#WORD

BTW I've seen some of you Crest Clydesdales, much like myself your gonna need something bigger than that SMEDIUM hanging there.....
Well I guess I know where to stop and get my new shirt 😂😂😂 that’s so funny

Reactions: crestrulz
Sorry for thinking that Shelby athletics, Shelby High athletic finances and Cleveland Co. football should take more priority than American Legion baseball on its own campus every four years. Not like anyone has time to plan for this once every four years 🤦. The American Legion World Series is going to be like a high interest loan for Shelby athletics when you guys look back on this after about 20-25yrs of this. The city of Shelby benefits financially, you have nice baseball facilities, but you lost a ton of gate money that you could have used over the course of this thing.
I for one never wanted it at Shelby, yes we have a nice field and Facility. But in real world thats it, they say every year they spend every dime they make to make it better the next year. My Opinion
City of Shelby should build a new fair ground and have a baseball park and other sports facilitys all together, its known fact Cleveland Community wants the fairground, so let them have it, build new park.
And yes with the conf we are delt with every bit of gate money matters

I for one never wanted it at Shelby, yes we have a nice field and Facility. But in real world thats it, they say every year they spend every dime they make to make it better the next year. My Opinion
City of Shelby should build a new fair ground and have a baseball park and other sports facilitys all together, its known fact Cleveland Community wants the fairground, so let them have it, build new park.
And yes with the conf we are delt with every bit of gate money matters
I was thinking the exact same thing when I responded earlier about the fairgrounds. I think a fairgrounds with some top notch athletic facilities attached would be a great investment. Something that can host Legion and high school baseball events, travel basketball tournaments, and soccer events. There is big revenue that can be generated from that. This is already happening in some parts of the country. I’ve seen some impressive athletic facilities up and down the east coast that generate big bucks for those local economies.

Ive thought that too for a while, dont think most citys around here realize money sports can bring in.
Shelby city to worried bout uptown .
Maybe oneday someone will see the light

Reactions: shutdownD24
I was thinking the exact same thing when I responded earlier about the fairgrounds. I think a fairgrounds with some top notch athletic facilities attached would be a great investment. Something that can host Legion and high school baseball events, travel basketball tournaments, and soccer events. There is big revenue that can be generated from that. This is already happening in some parts of the country. I’ve seen some impressive athletic facilities up and down the east coast that generate big bucks for those local economies.
That's coming a city east of Shelby in County. Lol. The entertainment district will be revisited very soon in KM with that huge project from some years back. 10k outside concert venue, multiple softball and baseball fields , tennis courts and multiple soccer fields. I see it coming back in talks after this next election cycle.

Ive thought that too for a while, dont think most citys around here realize money sports can bring in.
Shelby city to worried bout uptown .
Maybe oneday someone will see the light
People need to open their eyes and realize how much having venues to accommodate club sports and their events can draw into your local economies. My son does high level travel basketball. I’ve seen sports facilities in Orlando, Hampton, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Atlantic City, and Mannheim, Pa raking in big bucks over the course of a week or weekend. Many of these facilities are having six figure weekends on just the registration fees for the teams. When you start adding in food, parking, attendance, merchandise, highlight video sales, game streaming, etc. The money gets pretty big for the organizers with relatively low overhead cost in comparison. We just came from an event over the weekend that had over 150 teams that paid $900 registration fees per team. Do the math smh… That’s peanuts compared to being able to host volleyball events too.

People need to open their eyes and realize how much having venues to accommodate club sports and their events can draw into your local economies. My son does high level travel basketball. I’ve seen sports facilities in Orlando, Hampton, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Atlantic City, and Mannheim, Pa raking in big bucks over the course of a week or weekend. Many of these facilities are having six figure weekends on just the registration fees for the teams. When you start adding in food, parking, attendance, merchandise, highlight video sales, game streaming, etc. The money gets pretty big for the organizers with relatively low overhead cost in comparison. We just came from an event over the weekend that had over 150 teams that paid $900 registration fees per team. Do the math smh… That’s peanuts compared to being able to host volleyball events too.
In youth softball, the recent Colorado Sparkler tournament had 1100 teams at $2500/team. Locally, Concord brings in close to 100 teams 3 weekends out of month and Tyger River in Duncan(between gville and spartanburg) host national tournaments frequently with teams from as far away as CA coming in. Major money. It is coming soon to Cleveland County.

#WORD

I'll sign yours for free big dog. In fact I'm going to buy you one and sign in it. In 20 years it'll be worth 4 dollars with my signature..

Every jamboree all four teams loose money even if there played on Friday night. Always going to be lots of fans going to the ALWS instead of practice football games. That stadium is ranked as one of the top high school baseball facilities in the country so their not going to build a knew one.

Reactions: 87SwO
Football season is right around the corner. Trying not to look ahead too much but I am really excited about what my Mountaineers are building for this season and the next several seasons. The environment and energy around the program is different. These kids are hungry with a chip on their collective shoulders. I wholeheartedly believe that we are about to take that next step forward as a program. Teams better beat us early…

Football season is right around the corner. Trying not to look ahead too much but I am really excited about what my Mountaineers are building for this season and the next several seasons. The environment and energy around the program is different. These kids are hungry with a chip on their collective shoulders. I wholeheartedly believe that we are about to take that next step forward as a program. Teams better beat us early…
So. You're on record saying anyone playing you at the end of the year is already beat. Correct?

I'm just making sure bro.

I do believe KM is taking giant steps forward and will be a load for a good while especially since they are pulling in all those players from Gastonia to supplment the SUCK of the Junior High.

But, if you're going to pot shots us. Just be open about it. When I read "Teams better beat us early…" What esle could it mean?

So. You're on record saying anyone playing you at the end of the year is already beat. Correct?

I'm just making sure bro.

I do believe KM is taking giant steps forward and will be a load for a good while especially since they are pulling in all those players from Gastonia to supplment the SUCK of the Junior High.

But, if you're going to pot shots us. Just be open about it. When I read "Teams better beat us early…" What esle could it mean?
Good try lol. First there are no guarantees in high school football so I swear to nothing lol. Yes we have taken a step forward and I for one love the young talented additions to our program. Those KM family roots run deep just like the Crest family ties help the Chargers grab KR. I don’t sweat that, I am happy for him and his family. My statement is that we will be playing our best ball later in the season because our coaching right now is elite level preparation. That is no pot shot at Crest. Yes I am thrilled that none of our kids transferred to Crest but honestly I am not focused on Crest right now just KM. I am aware of what Crest has returning and your new additions. Just glad none of our KM kids were included in your new additions. Beyond that I only take potshots at Crest when Crest takes potshots at KM. The 3A division in football will be extremely tough for all of us and the 3A west will be a monster. I think once the kids have mastered the new system the sky is the limit.

Last edited:
Good try lol. First there are no guarantees in high school football so I swear to nothing lol. Yes we have taken a step forward and I for one love the young talented additions to our program. Those KM family roots run deep just like the Crest family ties help the Chargers grab KR. I don’t sweat that, I am happy for him and his family. My statement is that we will be playing our best ball later in the season because our coaching right now is elite level preparation. That is no pot shot at Crest. Yes I am thrilled that none of our kids transferred to Crest but honestly I am not focused on Crest right now just KM. I am aware of what Crest has returning and your new additions. Just glad none of our KM kids were included in your new additions. Beyond that I only take potshots at Crest when Crest takes potshots at KM. The 3A division in football will be extremely tough for all of us and the 3A west will be a monster. I think once the kids have mastered the new system the sky is the limit.
You know I was just aggravating you man. You’re good with me. KM is going to be trouble for everyone else. Period.

I think yall did great for yourselves. Only a hater would say otherwise and that’s a fact.

At least we’re not SOUTH WEST ONSLOW. They SUCK! 😂😂😂

• Haha
You know I was just aggravating you man. You’re good with me. KM is going to be trouble for everyone else. Period.

I think yall did great for yourselves. Only a hater would say otherwise and that’s a fact.

At least we’re not SOUTH WEST ONSLOW. They SUCK! 😂😂😂
I have always had major respect for Crest football and also the Crest fan base. I absolutely love how you guys do not tolerate mediocrity in your coaches or program. Crest and Shelby both provided the blueprint for KM success, from little league to high school. I will be pulling just as hard for you to pull the big win out over Gaffney. Major respect to you also Rulz because whether I agree or disagree I love your shoot from the hip take no prisoners style on here. At the end of the day it is always respect brother!

I have always had major respect for Crest football and also the Crest fan base. I absolutely love how you guys do not tolerate mediocrity in your coaches or program. Crest and Shelby both provided the blueprint for KM success, from little league to high school. I will be pulling just as hard for you to pull the big win out over Gaffney. Major respect to you also Rulz because whether I agree or disagree I love your shoot from the hip take no prisoners style on here. At the end of the day it is always respect brother!
My brother!

Definitely agree with the elite Coaching! KM basically has 3 Head Coaches over that’s a big big deal especially for High School football and preparation..

Definitely agree with the elite Coaching! KM basically has 3 Head Coaches over that’s a big big deal especially for High School football and preparation..
Three head coaches that have led their former teams to state titles.
Everything is different around the program. It’s the pace of practice, how the players are graded each day, the complete buy in of the players, the way they are teaching the kids down to the smallest details, how to practice, heck this head coach had a very detailed DAILY calendar for the team on the first day that he met the parents on everything the team would do from April to the December state championship game. Heck the kids only have to bring themselves to practice. The day’s practice gear and other related gear including cleats are placed in their football lockers before each workout or practice. KM were always well coached but this is detailed preparation on steroids right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT