ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Hughes updated rankings

Doesn't draughn return a lot as well? I know last year MA beat them handedly but I kinda thought they'd be a little higher ranked by Chris. Definitely should be over Northampton
They might return a bunch of kids. But except for that running back they look scared to death when they played Mount Airy. Plus that whole secondary and that defense is back from Mount Airy. Now that's if they make it because I think they lost some linemen over there in Burke county. One of the best things they did though was get rid of that wise crack and smart talking receiver. His brother is back he looks like a very good athlete. The other one he finished the career with some humble pie. Anyway some of the things he did and said should have been caboshed down by the coaches. But they did nothing. So they deserved it. And I wouldn't put the blame on him. I just don't think the boys from Burke can get it done against Mount Airy if they play them again in the finals of the western region. It'll be the same thing or worse.

They might return a bunch of kids. But except for that running back they look scared to death when they played Mount Airy. Plus that whole secondary and that defense is back from Mount Airy. Now that's if they make it because I think they lost some linemen over there in Burke county. One of the best things they did though was get rid of that wise crack and smart talking receiver. His brother is back he looks like a very good athlete. The other one he finished the career with some humble pie. Anyway some of the things he did and said should have been caboshed down by the coaches. But they did nothing. So they deserved it. And I wouldn't put the blame on him. I just don't think the boys from Burke can get it done against Mount Airy if they play them again in the finals of the western region. It'll be the same thing or worse.
Yeah I'm taking ma in the event that rematch happens.

Good luck until you get to the Granite City !
Not sure how it goes if both are undefeated.

If Robbinsville goes undefeated the game will probably be in Robbinsville and Robbinsville will
be getting #16.
That said I don't see us doing better than 9-1.
We play a top 25 team from last year and they should be better this year.

Rabun Gap picked up a 2,400+ yd back from some bigger school down state. Playing them week six isn't going to help either.
By that time all those new kids from all over the country will be in sync with each other.
I like the match up though. Helps later on.

Reactions: RealStihl
They will be tough.
That's why I think Robbinsville get home field if we beat RG. Using the system from last year.
That's a big if.

A team I'm keeping an eye on in the East is Wilson Prep. In their first year of football, they went 8-3. A lot of sophomores and juniors return from that team.
You might be onto something. Could be some good battles between them and Tarboro for years to come. Chis Hughes might not beware of Wilson Prep.

Speaking of home field. Maybe someone who understands the RPI system better than me can tell me…

How big of a deal is it that Tarboro only has 9 games? Could a team that went 9-1 jump Tarboro for the #1 spot if Tarboro goes 9-0?

My question is: how much does that extra game matter?

You might be onto something. Could be some good battles between them and Tarboro for years to come. Chis Hughes might not beware of Wilson Prep.
If tarboro does indeed go back to 2a in 2025 Wilson prep might be the favorite to come out of the east.

Last edited:
Might as well.
Reidsville counts Rams and Lions
Shelby counts titles that wasn't even under nchsaa.

Robbinsville ha 14+1 in 65 that was a co title.
We would've ran through the east team. That was back when teams were just slightly bigger than us.

Might as well.
Reidsville counts Rams and Lions
Shelby counts titles that wasn't even under nchsaa.

Robbinsville ha 14+1 in 65 that was a co title.
We would've ran through the east team. That was back when teams were just slightly bigger than us.
East Surry won a State Championship in 1962 or 1963 as the East Surry Rebels and remained the ES Rebels until sometime in the mid-1960s with integration and become the East Surry Cardinals

I know we became the Black Knights in 59.
Blue devils before that. What's the 3rd?

Andrews isn't in the top 25 in the state in 1-A? How many games have they won't he past 2 seasons? Do they have multiple wins over Robbinsville and Murphy during that period?

Not multiple wins over Robbinsville.
Only one in the last 30 years or so

Andrews isn't in the top 25 in the state in 1-A? How many games have they won't he past 2 seasons? Do they have multiple wins over Robbinsville and Murphy during that period?
Not sure if the exact year but I think the last win against robbinsville was late 90's early 2000's before last year

Don’t think they’ll beat y’all this year.
Hope you are right. They didn't stop Tarboro in the game a year ago. Problem was Tarboro couldn't stop them either. Fatigue played a role in that game as well as Tarboro ran 75 plays on offense and Hertford ran 55. Tarboro also had a lot of players going both ways. Hertford had just two.

Reactions: 87SwO
Hope you are right. They didn't stop Tarboro in the game a year ago. Problem was Tarboro couldn't stop them either. Fatigue played a role in that game as well as Tarboro ran 75 plays on offense and Hertford ran 55. Tarboro also had a lot of players going both ways. Hertford had just two.

Hertford still got the QB? My buddy at tarboro, said he was the real deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT