ADVERTISEMENT

Cherryville May Be Back - Win over Pine Lake

Catawbavalleybasketball

Dec 11, 2007
The Ironmen seemed to be back to the Cherryville style of basketball tonight by defeating a good Pine Lake Preparatory team by 95-90. They are now 12 wins and seven losses. Coach Scott Harrill has now won 299 games as a coach with only 105 losses in 15 years.

Catawba, I am glad you guys got the win. It makes my prediction from a couple of weeks ago that you guys would make a charge look less foolish. I am a bit confused though. Other posters and even you in previous posts had indicated that you thought the problem was on the defensive end. Just wondering how giving up 90 points to someone makes you feel better about that deficiency.

The game was a typical Ironmen game. In that, the Ironmen played like this and have since Bud Black came to take over the Iromen in 1981. His philosophy has always been to push the ball and outscore the opponent. Fun to watch but at times in the playoffs defense wins. But who can argue with the history of the Ironmen since 1981. Oh by the way, Black is still coaching with his long time friend, Dennis Tate. Both are assistants now. Scott Harrill, who played for Cherryville in this system, will go for the 300th win against only 105 losses in less than 15 years as head coach. One of the reason that the Ironmen have been so successful is that the players grow up learning the system from coaches who all played at Cherryville. Needles to say, the Ironmen dont have a Terry Whisnant this year, but they have some good players who are young.

This post was edited on 1/30 9:05 AM by Catawbavalleybasketball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT