ADVERTISEMENT

Chatham Central @ Albemarle

Buddy Rich

May 24, 2005
Both teams coming in at 0-4. One as expected the other not. When was the last time Albemarle started out 0-4. Dang if I can remember. Wondering if anybody knows the status of our qb? Understand he went down in the first quarter of the EM game. Albemarle should get their first win of the season fri night, but this has been a strange season. Will be interesting to see what offense we will run this week. Hope the rest of the team is healthy. Also the jv's play their first game thur. night at CC. Good luck.

Last edited:
Did you ever think you would be excited to watch Albemarle play Chatham Central? Normally I wouldn't even go to see these games because they were never competitive or fun to watch but I plan to go Friday. This team needs a win and a little confidence in the worst kind of way. Hopefully we will be healthy and ready to play.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
They should have never change the offense, especially with the limited time Smith had to install it. That was a huge mistake that he now regrets I bet. The DW is like choreography, everyone must be in beat. It takes a while to get that going, but it's a beautiful thing to watch it ran right.

We need to get our Athletes in space and let them do their thing. Running off left tackle all night long won't beat anyone.

This will be a low scoring game, Albemarle just doesn't seem to have any offensive weapons besides Emery. I knew how the game went, because I spoke to him. Our O line may be big, but they get absolutely no push.

I'm giving Albemarle this game on a "Whim" but don't be surprised if Albemarle looses this game.

I don't expect a loss, but I haven't the last 2 weeks. We have only scored 1 Touchdown and I'm wondering how We scored 22 against Thomasville

Agreed sway. I'm sure Smith would be the first to admit the DW was a big mistake. Why don't we just go back to the old offense we have run for years. It worked pretty well in the past. smh.

Both teams coming in at 0-4. One as expected the other not. When was the last time Albemarle started out 0-4. Dang if I can remember.

1982, Dave Bright's first year.

Team definitely needs a confidence jolt. I would bet loss of confidence is playing a role in the offensive downturn since T'ville.

These guys aren't used to loosing, but the coaches are. Someone needs to take "Responsibility" here and man up. If they shut down Albemarle, this town will have nothing but Wal-Mart and Little Tokyo!

"Bring Back The Tradition" is what needs to happen. I can tell you right now, it's happening in the youth league.

Albemarle gets on track and whips CC. The boys have had enough and they come out angry and hitting hard. Losing Bird hurt AHS vs EM. This is season has been crazy with injuries etc. Would have been nice to see them play 1 game at 100%. That's not possible with Isaiah out. I feel like they will find a way to get it done.

Bennett is a decent Quarterback isn't He?

He was in the Pro I, he doesn't fit too well with the DW. Haven't had a lot of practice there since Bird took over. I saw him last year against North Moore and he looked fairly decent. Needs to improve on throwing the ball, but he can scramble his butt off though.

Tough, ugly season so far for the Bulldogs. With 7 games to go, the Bulldogs will still have to play North Moore, North Stanly, and West Montgomery. The possibility of going 4-7 for the season is a distinct possibility.

Albemarle will win this game, but it won't be an impressive win. Chatham Central is better this year but they lack the players.

This is one of the games I wouldn't attend, but since I deprived of seeing a win this season, this will be on my "To do list" Friday.

This will be an ugly win as @Earnhardt Forever put it. Albemarle will not roll as you'd expect. Until Albemarle can prove they can run more than 3 plays, I expect CC to stack the box and hit whoever. CC could possibly win this games guys, I'm just being honest here.

Both have a sideline, dive, counter component. The wing T offers only a slight difference. It usually still is either gut, belly, power, sweep, or counter. If you can't pass protect, it is great for giving your QB a chance with play action...imo. BUT...both are finess attacks...

We can't take pride in beating Teams like this. If the Bulldogs pick up the win it is something to build on, but how can We be satisfied? I am still not completely bought on this not being a good Albemarle Team. We have good Running Backs and a pretty good Defense. Some Body isn't trying and maybe somebody isn't wanting to win

We can't take pride in beating Teams like this. If the Bulldogs pick up the win it is something to build on, but how can We be satisfied? I am still not completely bought on this not being a good Albemarle Team. We have good Running Backs and a pretty good Defense. Some Body isn't trying and maybe somebody isn't wanting to win

Maybe... We all know "work effort" is a key to winning. But remember, this is not the same Albemarle of the past i.e. athletes. I never seen an Albemarle team not get mad hype, or nasty on the field.

A "pretty good Defense" may not be the right choice of words with CC scoring 20pts on yall. They only had 38 total yards on our 2nd string and JV guys.

A "pretty good Defense" may not be the right choice of words with CC scoring 20pts on yall. They only had 38 total yards on our 2nd string and JV guys.

Well when you running both ways, teams are going to score. Plus I believe some J.V's played last night. When I got there at halftime it was 30-6 and #11 was on the sideline.

Buzzard, 3 of those was after starters where taken out. BD said , that West had beaten Us all those years.2 years, That doesn't equal all those years

Before this gets stupid. Lots of respect for WM. Cherish these Year. You will one day sit back on a 1~4 record
By the looks of the talent coming up, that won't happen anytime soon. But, with my son and nephew graduating this year I won't have a Warrior in the fight. I look forward to being like the older guys on here who have no ties to the team except the love of High School football. I'm just glad WM is pretty good while my boys are there. It's an experience they will never forget.

Reactions: Warriorsfan109
You win the conference 2 years in a row and possibly 3 years and your the "Kings" now?

Albemarle wins "Championship's" we bring home trophies and rings. You can keep the title of "Conference Champion" and we'll keep our title as "State Champion".
All BS aside, I would love to see WM win a SC. With the Coaching Staff and talent there they should already have one. But, they don't. I just like pushing your buttons Sway. You get wound up faster than anybody on here!

Before this gets stupid. Lots of respect for WM. Cherish these Year. You will one day sit back on a 1~4 record

We have. We've even shot a couple of 0-fers before. We in a real good cycle right now with talent and great coaching. That's why I try to not crow too much and try to show respect most of the time. Sometimes I catch my buttons getting pushed though too lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT