ADVERTISEMENT

CCC 2A Girls/Guys Predictions

NCprepbball

Dec 10, 2016
Here are my predictions for the 2017-18 year:

Girls:
1- Ledford- Returns all five starters that advanced to the third round in 3A last year. Great speed and defense intensity. Only lacks in size. Lyrik Thorne is a great all around player.
2- Salisbury- Returns 3/4 main players from last year. Returns a versatile 6-0 Bryanna Troutman, who many teams can not match up with.
3- E Davidson- Returns all five players from last years team that finished second. Anders may be the best shooter in the conference.
4t- N Davidson- Lost Olivia Nunn (Catawba) but returns everyone else. Should be competitive in 2A.
4t- W Davidson- Returns all five starters. Pt guard Lexi Clontz will return after missing out the second half of the season with a torn ACL. Has good size.
4t- S Rowan- Returns all five starters and all around great player in Janyia Downs.
7- Thomasville- Returns POY last year Dee Long, but team struggles to find help for her.
8- Lexington- Returns Harvin, but like TV, lacks experience around her.
9- C Davidson- Lost Emily Pigg who scored in double figures.
10- Oak Grove- New school, but should be a contender down the road.

Guys:
1- Lexington
2- Thomasville
3- Salisbury
4- N Davidson
5- Ledford
6- C Davidson
7- E Davidson
7t- S Rowan
7t- W Davidson
10- Oak Grove

The girls side will be competitive as usual. Guys might have a down year.

Not bad... the middle of that girls conference will probably be a little different. 4) west 5) south rowan 6) north 7)central 8) Lex 9)tville..... Boys i can see ledford being higher, no way north finishes that high, and I see west being better than South Rowan. But outside that i love it!

I'm not all that familiar with this conference but I'll take a stab at it.

For the girls, I think it'll be a nice three-way dance between Ledford, ED, and Salisbury. South Rowan will be the joker in the deck.

For the guys, I'm not quite sure. I know Lex returns Jordan but not sure what they have to put around him. If Salisbury looks like they did last year, I like them. Saw T'ville over the summer. They looked pretty decent....wasn't overly impressed though. I think Ledford will be the surprise team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT