ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic 27 Sun Valley 13

Flag happy crew of officials and I mean both ways. If they didn’t like how your cleats were laced they tossed a marker. All four quarters this went on impeding the game’s flow. WTF? I don’t get that

That said Spartans brought it. They had no intention of losing and fought tooth and nail to the finish. I was nervous until the Milan Howard(2) TD run LATE in fourth quarter that sealed the win. Howell is the real deal but Spartans have balance and strength both sides of the ball. No more smack from me..........maybe. Lol. Good luck the rest of the way Sun Valley. You’ve got moxie.

Want to start off by saying hats off to Sun Valley. I knew Howell playing changed the entire dynamic of the game. Should've edited my posts before to say no running clock if he plays...guess I learned for next time :p
This game was a dogfight. Catholic seemed off their game on offense all night and Sun Valley capitalized on it. Catholic did score first following a fumble that was run back to the Spartan 1 with a one yard Lamagae McDowell TD run.
Milan Howard broke off two big runs on the night, one counted and one didn't. That one that didn't I thought almost changed the momentum of the game. It would've put Catholic up 14-0 in the first quarter, but alas it was called back.
Sun Valley then went to work and Howell didn't do too much damage with his arm, he did it with his legs. Man that guy can run. His 25yrd scramble for the first SV touchdown I think he broke several tackles. The kid broke so many tackles where it looked like Catholic had him down then he'd slip away.
Had a coach at another school text me saying "They don't hand out offers like he's got for nothing" and he is right.
Catholic would take the lead for good with 4 minutes to go in the 2nd on a Walton to Michael Neel touchdown pass. That pass I really thought helped Catholic a ton, gave them momentum going into halftime.
The Cougars had another big scoring drive late in the third marching 80 yards to go up 20-7 on a Milan Howard 15yrd run where he reversed his field on a jet sweep and out ran everyone on Sun Valley to the endzone. I think Chris Walton had a pretty good block on the run as well.
The Spartans made it interesting though and never died, blocking a Catholic punt in later stages of the fourth quarter and scoring off of it to make it 20-13 after a blocked XP.
The next drive after getting a big third down conversion Lamagae McDowell put the ball on the ground and a mad scramble ensued. After the officials finally sorted it out Billy Hambrook came up with the ball for Catholic and on the next play Milan Howard raced 66 yards to the house to seal the win for Catholic.
Sun Valley gave it all they had and they will be a very very tough out in the playoffs no doubt especially with a healthy Howell.
Onto Piedmont.

Flag happy crew of officials and I mean both ways. If they didn’t like how your cleats were laced they tossed a marker. All four quarters this went on impeding the game’s flow. WTF? I don’t get that

That said Spartans brought it. They had no intention of losing and fought tooth and nail to the finish. I was nervous until the Milan Howard(2) TD run LATE in fourth quarter that sealed the win. Howell is the real deal but Spartans have balance and strength both sides of the ball. No more smack from me..........maybe. Lol. Good luck the rest of the way Sun Valley. You’ve got moxie.
"No more smack from me" lol we'll see how long that lasts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT