ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic 27 AC Reynolds 0 🤣😂🤣😂

footsoldier

Aug 24, 2003
Parts Unknown
What a joke. ACR had no first downs in the first half. Can’t feel too good about yourself when you don’t even score one point on your field. Looks like a reunion with Monroe next Friday night. What happened to Mounties?

Congratulations CC, you definitely were the better team. No problem admitting that. Good luck next week! We are beyond young, and it really shows when playing top quality competition. We had a freshman centering the ball to a freshman, handing it off to a sophomore. That’s not a combination for beating state championship teams. The future will get better, we return 8 on defense, and 9 on offense, hopefully fall will be bright! It was a great year though and our guys shouldn’t hang their heads no matter what naysayer may say.

First off, congrats to CC and good luck down the road. No excuses from ACR here. Just got beat by a better team.
Starting 3 freshman on the o-line with a freshman QB is not a recipe for playoff success but experience was gained tonight. I’m proud of the effort by our guys against a team that was superior along the front on both sides of the ball.
I look for major improvement from this group next year.

I was happy the game was on Broadcast. ACR has really nice facilities and their announcers were hysterical. To be fair, they had a hard job last night but they were entertaining. ACR had some kids out and it no doubt affected them. They had a hard time getting anything going on offense and mostly went backwards. I think it was midway through the 3Q before they got a first down. They only had one or two plays that actually gained yards in the 1st half however you have to give it to the broadcast team they stayed optimistic that is was turning around on next play.

At times we played very sloppy and created difficult down and distances to overcome. We need to eliminate those mistakes next week. I love it is late playoff football against Monroe and Coach Sowell. It is just like the old days with Monroe when Coach Sowell and Coach Preston were playing and the conference champ was whomever won that game.

You have to like the future for the Cougars, soph QB, soph RB, freshman TE are all going to be playmakers. The OL is really young this year and is only gong to get better. FB is returning and he will be a load. Have some very talent kids moving up from the JV team as well.

Reactions: state8392 and Ladge
ACR needs to reboot or tweek their offense a little. I know we were very young and playing backups a lot due to different issues, but scoring 14 points or less in 5 of the last 6 games is telling. Used to 21 points was a poor performance from the offense. Again I understand the youth issues, but we need to look to change things up a bit, maybe run several different sets. I believe in our staff and I’m sure come fall these offensive woes will be corrected.

ACR needs to reboot or tweek their offense a little. I know we were very young and playing backups a lot due to different issues, but scoring 14 points or less in 5 of the last 6 games is telling. Used to 21 points was a poor performance from the offense. Again I understand the youth issues, but we need to look to change things up a bit, maybe run several different sets. I believe in our staff and I’m sure come fall these offensive woes will be corrected.
I really think we were limited due to practice time with the small number of returning starters on offense. We needed a full summer program with this group and that didn’t happen. I feel quite sure we will see a marked improvement this next season.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I really think we were limited due to practice time with the small number of returning starters on offense. We needed a full summer program with this group and that didn’t happen. I feel quite sure we will see a marked improvement this next season.
COVID created tons of issues this season. A very unuaual season for everyone. I hope and trust it's better in the fall.

Sounds like it is Wing T time!

Reactions: MagisterO
ACR has nothing to hang their head about. Catholic is a different type of beast. ACR will be fine moving foward with their youth.

Sounds like it is Wing T time!
Bring back the Notre Dame Box that they ran back in the ‘80s
I’m not suggesting that radical of change, I was just say a little more creativity, more formations, stuff like that, not a complete overhaul of the offense. Also to be clear I’m not trying to undermine our coaches, they are great and I know they will get this offense back on track come fall. Although I did LOVE the box back in the 80’s!

Reynoldsrocks

We are just pulling your chain. All the respect for ACR and did not think you were being disrespectful to the coaches. As a fan who purchases a ticket you have the right to voice your opinion. All coaches know that... and they also know they should not listen to it. The Box that made me laugh.. Imagine all of the pre snap shifting.

I believe our current system will be fine with a full summer to season these youngsters. Although shifting to the box every now and then would be a fun sight. These kids playing now have no idea what the box is, their parents do though!

Reactions: remotecougar
I believe our current system will be fine with a full summer to season these youngsters. Although shifting to the box every now and then would be a fun sight. These kids playing now have no idea what the box is, their parents do though!
My oldest son saw an old game of mine from 1985 when we ran the Box and the T formation. Man, it was a lot different back then. I prefer the wide open game more than the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses but it is nice to see some good ol' slobber knockers once in awhile.

Reactions: bamatide13
My oldest son saw an old game of mine from 1985 when we ran the Box and the T formation. Man, it was a lot different back then. I prefer the wide open game more than the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offenses but it is nice to see some good ol' slobber knockers once in awhile.

Call it the Notre Dame box and the offense is archaic and a relic from the past. Call it the wildcat with an athlete at quarterback and it is modern era football. Looks pretty much the same

I love the more wide open also, but it would be cool to shift to that box occasionally. The first time we do it would blow the opponents mind! A guarantee offside call!

I love the more wide open also, but it would be cool to shift to that box occasionally. The first time we do it would blow the opponents mind! A guarantee offside call!
I remember it seemed pretty wide open back in the day when Scott Adell was the pulling guard that would lead RBs into the hole (Jeeter and Thompson?).

I remember it seemed pretty wide open back in the day when Scott Adell was the pulling guard that would lead RBs into the hole (Jeeter and Thompson?).
I graduated with those guys! They were a force in that box!

In the video above, #71 for ACR ( in the all Green ) is Scott Adell. Jeter is #11 and Thompson is #32. All 3 were Juniors in the video. Adell's son plays for the Angels in MLB now.

In the video above, #71 for ACR ( in the all Green ) is Scott Adell. Jeter is #11 and Thompson is #32. All 3 were Juniors in the video. Adell's son plays for the Angels in MLB now.
I didn’t know that about Adell’s son. I wondered what ever happened to Scott. Glad his son is thriving!

Reactions: GG4BAMA
adell's son was from louisville ky i think and was a first round draft pick a few years back

adell's son was from louisville ky i think and was a first round draft pick a few years back
I didn’t know that about his son but oddly did know that his daughter was Ms. Softball for Kentucky and an All American a few years ago and signed with Tennessee. I have a cousin who updates me on all things Tennessee (ugh) that remembered Adell playing in high school and made the connection when she signed with the Vols.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT