ADVERTISEMENT

carolina conference 2017

Going to be around 515-520. Depends on Manteo and gates numbers. Usually Lhs,Princeton,rosewood close in adm which one has lowest adm could sneak into 1-a side

good luck too all carolina conference teams tomorrow night. a great rival classic game vs princeton and rosewood will be played on-harvey brooks field tomorrow night. i have many great memories of my days in 1970s playing against the bulldogs.

Reactions: JoePDawg and jh60
The CC has 2 of the stronger teams in the East and ND will need to play their A game the entire run to keep rolling. But these are teenagers anything can happen and it's why we have playoffs. With new system there's talk of cutoff around 540 which is ridiculous with a split classification. Team playing teams nearly twice their size puts it back where it started.

ND has always had that small man syndrome. ND has a good team and shouldn't need a handicap to be competitive in the playoffs against a team with 200 more kids. Reality is, the NCHSAA should have kept 64 teams and had one classification for 1A and 4A rather then give teams byes.
FWIW, how do you think JK feels at 669 playing in the same conference as East Duplin at 1,009?

Last edited:
ND has always had that small man syndrome. ND has a good team and shouldn't need a handicap to be competitive in the playoffs against a team with 200 more kids. Reality is, the NCHSAA should have kept 64 teams and had one classification for 1A and 4A rather then give teams byes.
FWIW, how do you think JK feels at 669 playing in the same conference as East Duplin at 1,009?
Being a school who could not compete with schools half their size helps to understand your prospective.

Reactions: rswdstu
The CC game of the week is the Eagles and Bulldogs. Both teams could have let downs after last week except this is the Bulldogs and Eagles the best rivalry in the CC. Safe game to both teams, should be classic matchup.

princeton over rosewood in overtime...28-27...typical rival game....both teams played with heart as guts. score 21-21 after 4th quarter ...eagles scored first..went for 2 but were denied. bulldogs scored and won. wow!! what a game!!!!

ND 42-7 over Hobbton, 35-0 at half, 2nd string played a lot of 2nd half, but hats off to Hobbton, they never gave up. ND Rebels 11-0, CC champs, Top seed in playoffs

Lakewood finishes regular season on a strong note with a 28-0 win over union. 7th shutout on the season for the leopards.

As we wait for the brackets to be released I would like to congratulate and wish all the CC teams good luck in the playoffs. It looks like Lakewood and Princeton will represent 1aa, and North Duplin and Rosewood will represent 1a. UNION plays the waiting game to see if they sneak in.

North Duplin I think is the odds on favorite in the east 1a. Stay healthy and get it done.

Rosewood will be no rollover in 1a and with a potential tough matchup in rd 2 with Northampton heads could turn if they can pull off an upset

Lakewood will bring a stingy defense into the playoffs. If they bring their A game on both sides of the field they will be a tough out

Princeton will take their single-wing and deadly rushing attack into the playoffs. Similar to north Duplin veer, if you don't see it everyday it can be very difficult to stop

Question for North Duplin fans. Is there anyone close to the program or staff that knows how they feel about having a bye. Would you rather play a 1st rd game in the other format or would you rather have the bye in this format

I am not sure how the coaches feel but as a fan who goes to just about all their games. I would say its like a double edge sword. One end you want to play to keep the momentum going but on the other hand you enjoy the week off to heal up from very very brutal conference run. I think it speaks volumes that the CC got 4 teams in the playoffs with this new system. Good luck to all teams this week.

I haven't kept up with a lot of the 1A ball lately it's tough to keep up when you're so far away from it. However, in talking with a couple of ND coaches, I think they are very excited to get the rest in round 1. Who wouldn't be excited to get a bye week and regain those legs under you? North Duplin has had some close games but they also haven't had a bye week since the start of conference play as I'm sure no one else in the CC has either.

North Duplin should be favored in their second-round game, but they should learn lessons from the past including the '01 rebels who a handful of the coaches probably can remember when ND had a bye and lost to Hobbton who they beat handily in the regular season, since they have beaten both Southside and Northside in the regular season. Martin and the staff will drive the focus in during the bye week and prep for either opponent next week with intensity.

Princeton isn't a cake walk team they've proven that time and again and look to show that to Riverside. Both teams are explosive from the stats I've seen in a tight ball game I have to give the edge to Princeton who may have gained some insight in the OT loss to ND.

Rosewood has a long way to travel but will not let West Montgomery trounce them. Too much pride in Eagle-town to be an easy win on the road. Good luck to Coach Britt and his awesome staff as well. Safe travels. West Montgomery has been good for some time and the Eagles will have to bring their 'A' game tomorrow.

Lakewood opens the playoffs exactly how they opened the season, albeit against an improved Pender team. I don't see much deviation from how this one went the first go round. Lakewood wins handily on the back of their defense. As long as the Leopard D can break down and wrap up the monster back from Pender, and not let him break too many I see Lakewood advancing super easy.

Could be a really good playoff week for all CC teams good luck and represent your conference well.

Reactions: jh60
great post jeff, we have missed youre insight. good luck too our conference teams tomorrow night. all teams are battle tested and its been a exciting season!

With Southsides win over Nside Hope the Rebels take note of how hard it is to beat a good team twice in a season. ND will need everyone playing their A game to slow the Seahawks momentum to move on.

Reactions: JeffFriday
my eagles lose 48-0 too a very good west montgomery team and princeton high loses in a shootout vs riverside. ill be pulling for our 2 teams left(lakewood,north duplin)

Reactions: DCGent1992
North Duplin will get it done vs Southside. They are having a special season. If they can stay injury free they will be fine until the eastern finals. I don't know anything about North Hampton though.

Two Words: Over Rated. All they've done is play .500 teams all year. Rude awaking coming soon!! Believe it
Well it wouldn't be a rude awakening from North Duplin. Tarboro is 1AA so thats not gonna happen.

By all accounts, ND has a nice team but I do not think they want any part of Tarboro......this year or any other year.

Teams I think could beat North Duplin if they played today with no preparation ...

SMC- Cherokee, Robbinsville, Swain, Murphy

Gwytoli, we'll take to that discussion when we cross that bridge.

Until then

East Carteret is a team with loads of playoff experience. EC isn't invincible this year and Lakewood should probably look at what Trask was able to do to EC. Stopping all the run game and forcing the QB to throw deeper than he wanted to. This is the keys to beating EC forcing the QB to stay in the pocket (He likes to be mobile) and making HIM and only him beat you with his arm. Don't allow EC to run and play sound defense break up passes when you can.

North Duplin is also playing a stout team that can force opponents into making dumb mistakes. Southside will be ready and be looking for some revenge for the early season loss. Make no mistake this game will probably be closer than Calypso wants it to be but I think the Rebels swagger and poise this season makes the difference. From what I've heard there is just an impressiveness when North Duplin takes the field that hasn't been present since '07 team.

North Duplin 5-0 after tonight's win over Southside...35-6....the mighty Rebels[/QUO
After beating a team handily early in the season creates a big challenge for ND to approach this playoff game as a new season. Southside is much improved, feels like this game will be decided in 4th quarter.

It's always hard to get a team up for a game against a team they've already handily beat. This game could be very tight in the late going. North Duplin's focus should be on winning each play and I think Martin and his staff know that and will drive that home every day this week.

Reactions: rswdstu and jh60
No doubt the 2nd game will be a lot tougher than the 1st, but when ND played the 1st game, S.S. was favored to roll over ND, but the outcome was very different. ND was ready and looking respect, now S.S. will be ready, it will be a closer game, but ND is ready too...Go mighty Rebels.

Good luck to Lakewood and North Duplin, but if both teams put their A game on the field luck want be needed.

yes, good luck to both the Rebels and the Leopards represent and can't wait to talk about both these teams matchups next week.

North Duplin takes the bye week and uses it to their advantages. Great game tonight by the rebels. Dominated the Seahawks tonight and came away with a 35 to 6 victory.

Reactions: JeffFriday
good win for the rebels!! listened on the mt olive tribune live feed...who will the rebels face next?.. how is lakewood high doing tonight?

What a great ending last night to a great game. Lakewood held a 33-14 lead in the 4th when east Carteret came storming back. Long t.d pass, onside kick recovery, another t.d pass. In the span of 3 minutes it's was 33-27. Lakewood drives down to the 3 and score twice but called back on penalties. After a turnover on downs E.C. quarterback leads them right back down field to tie it up with a minute left. Play of the game #61 For Lakewood block extra point preventing E.C. from taking the lead. E.C. had ball 1st in o.t. scores and x-point is good Lakewood scores and converts 2pt conversion. Hats off the q.b. for E.C. and also #1 &#2. Those receivers made plays in the 4th. Long trip....its the playoffs...win and move on!

Sounds like one of ND games this year. Carolina Conference has 2 teams in 3rd round and dont have to knock out each other. Keep a Rolling CC.

Good luck to the rebels this week. Take care of business. I assure you you are the better team but it's the playoffs and anything can happen. Stay healthy and finish strong!

Reactions: jh60
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT