ADVERTISEMENT

calpreps.com predictions for 2A and 2AA games (11-24-17)

rambbq

Nov 13, 2002
Reidsville, NC
Take this with however many grains of salt you wish:

2A PLAYOFFS

Reidsville 41 South Columbus 17

Mountain Heritage 34 Hendersonville 31

SW Onslow 28 East Bladen 24

Wallace Rose-Hill 33 Northeastern 31

2AA PLAYOFFS

Shelby 27 Mount Pleasant 12

Hibriten 31 Franklin 14

East Duplin 38 Randleman 28

North Davidson 31 South Granville 22

2A PLAYOFFS

2AA PLAYOFFS

Hibriten 31 Franklin 14

I disagree totally> no way Hibriten scores 31 points on our defense> Hadn't been done all year! Thats cool we like the underdog roll even though we havent seen it all year! Running for Hibriten won't be enough, better be able to pass or you will start basketball season on saturday!!

Reactions: W.I.R.
I disagree totally> no way Hibriten scores 31 points on our defense> Hadn't been done all year! Thats cool we like the underdog roll even though we havent seen it all year! Running for Hibriten won't be enough, better be able to pass or you will start basketball season on saturday!!

Franklin is going to have to earn the respect if they want it. Conventional wisdom says those high country teams struggle with speed and athletes.

Reactions: GoNtheDistance

Every year speed does Franklin in when they advance past the mountains, don't be so overconfident, lol, you're gonna see some speed Friday night! I don't see Franklin putting no more than 7 points on Hibriten's defense. If Hibriten takes care of the ball and doesn't turn it over this one will be somewhere in that 35-7 range. That Witherspoon kid is one of those kids that every time he touches the football the fans stand just because he can take it to the house on any given play. Scary that kid is just a junior!

Every year speed does Franklin in when they advance past the mountains, don't be so overconfident, lol, you're gonna see some speed Friday night! I don't see Franklin putting no more than 7 points on Hibriten's defense. If Hibriten takes care of the ball and doesn't turn it over this one will be somewhere in that 35-7 range. That Witherspoon kid is one of those kids that every time he touches the football the fans stand just because he can take it to the house on any given play. Scary that kid is just a junior!

Correct, see my post above. Same song, same dance.

I guess we will have to see> I'm glad you feel so overconfident about your team. Makes for a huge let down!!

I never make predictions but i will say Hibtriten will have to have several three and outs on defense and score every possession to score 35 points. Franklin has been known to have an 8-10 min drive a game. If that happens a couple times it could play in their favor. That doesn’t leave much time to score 35. I think it will be low scoring if both teams play to their potential. I’m going with my gut and saying Franklin wins 17-14. Kicker may be the difference!!!

Reactions: TC Red Devil 89
As SP said, and it’s truly no disrespect to Franklin but outside of a few mountain 1A teams and outside of Asheville city, the mountains rarely produce a team that can overcome the team speed seen once you get to the 3rd or 4th round. Historically, this is the round that Franklin gets the boot. They have a good team and a nice program, but count me in the group that never gives them much thought to win it all even when undefeated at this point.

Franklin gave Shelby all they could handle earlier this year, they're undefeated so I'm not underestimating them. I don't think they'll go all the way but you never know...

We played Franklin last year in playoffs ... had a good runningback

Thanks Lion, that was an ugly end to our season for sure but the Lions and the coaching staff were all class. Hope we can have a rematch next week in the Pit and hold up our end a little better than last year!

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy
Northeastern looks stronger than most give credit!

You should go on MaxPreps and search Traveon Freshwater and JR Walker. Dabo and company were on campus earlier this year to see them workout thru drills. NHS last week had the #7 offense in the country, and Freshwater 2 weeks ago was leading the nation in sacks. NHS is very very good.

You should go on MaxPreps and search Traveon Freshwater and JR Walker. Dabo and company were on campus earlier this year to see them workout thru drills. NHS last week had the #7 offense in the country, and Freshwater 2 weeks ago was leading the nation in sacks. NHS is very very good.
Its been awhile for me on hs stats,tryin to catchup but maybe you can help me ,im looking for a site that offered power ratings where you can choose and hs to compete with another and it gives power/ weakness with final score pairings for each team,kinda like seeing a 2a play a 1A school play and the software telks you final scoring,help me find this site?ty

As SP said, and it’s truly no disrespect to Franklin but outside of a few mountain 1A teams and outside of Asheville city, the mountains rarely produce a team that can overcome the team speed seen once you get to the 3rd or 4th round. Historically, this is the round that Franklin gets the boot. They have a good team and a nice program, but count me in the group that never gives them much thought to win it all even when undefeated at this point.
I would agree with this statement because it really boils down to math, Franklin pulls from a town of maybe 4 thousand people and sometimes the atheletes just arent there but this year is different. We have a big line on offense with a big QB and fast in the backfield and on the outside. The defense is lights out so this year it might be different. We shall see!!

2A PLAYOFFS

2AA PLAYOFFS

Hibriten 31 Franklin 14

Mtn heritage 45 hendo 22

Reactions: PBBear51
Pretty good picks outside of Shelby game. Don’t see the Lions being in that close of a game

Its been awhile for me on hs stats,tryin to catchup but maybe you can help me ,im looking for a site that offered power ratings where you can choose and hs to compete with another and it gives power/ weakness with final score pairings for each team,kinda like seeing a 2a play a 1A school play and the software telks you final scoring,help me find this site?ty

I'm not familiar with a site like that, sorry I couldn't help.

calpreps.com

Reactions: daagoob
Hard to argue w speed issue..truth is all you can ask is your kids give you all they have for as long as they can..ride the ride as far as it will go .leave nothing for REGRETS later..so yes two SEMIFINAL appearances in 4 yrs for a school w Franklin's demographics would be unreal in 2aa...but under no circumstances dies a loss diminish the great season franklin has had..ill make no prediction of score except to say it will come as no upset to ANYONE from Franklin when we win

Well I have tons of respect for the Franklin team heck every year you guys are right their with the top teams playing in late round playoffs. Last year I went to watch hibriten in the 3rd round and was amazed at the team speed " it was crazy" but then came in the midgets from Belmont and made them look below BAD. So it is possible to do but by god it's gonna take a very well rounded team that does not make stupid mistakes passes and runs well and has a monster defense. From the talk from up the mountains sounds like this is the team to do it SO WE SHALL SEE TOMORROW NIGHT. Man this is what HS football is all about and I love it!!!!

I never make predictions but i will say Hibtriten will have to have several three and outs on defense and score every possession to score 35 points. Franklin has been known to have an 8-10 min drive a game. If that happens a couple times it could play in their favor. That doesn’t leave much time to score 35. I think it will be low scoring if both teams play to their potential. I’m going with my gut and saying Franklin wins 17-14. Kicker may be the difference!!!
I guess you dont know we have a kicker that can hit a field goal from 45 yards or more. Do your homework and quit listening to your heart. It will lie to you!

I guess you dont know we have a kicker that can hit a field goal from 45 yards or more. Do your homework and quit listening to your heart. It will lie to you!

Congrats on your kicker. That is great to know and i hope it comes down to that 45 yd FG tonight. Secondly if you read the whole paragraph I’m not sure where i mention “YOUR” kicker. I just stated that it might come down to the kicker!!! And if my heart is lying to me, guess what I will wake up in the morning and go on with my life. Do i want the boys to win, absolutely!! But there is nothing i can do or say to make that happen. I’m not the one coaching or playing the game so your wasting your time trying to rattle me!!

Reactions: Berrysauce2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT