ADVERTISEMENT

Calpreps and Massey Ratings Top 20 Preseason Ratings (For what it's worth)

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
Below are the preseason ratings for North Carolina 4A for Calpreps and Massey Ratings

CALPREPS

1. Chambers
2. Hough
3. East Forsyth
4. Cardinal Gibbons
5. New Bern
6. Millbrook
7. Weddington
8. Heritage
9. Marvin Ridge
10. Hillside
11. Cleveland
12. Leesville Road
13. Charlotte Catholic
14. Mallard Creek
15. Rolesville
16. Northern Guilford
17. Panther Creek
18. Asheville
19. Cuthbertson
20. Wake Forest

MASSEY RATINGS

1. Chambers
2. Hough
3. East Forsyth
4. Cardinal Gibbons
5. Mallard Creek
6. Weddington
7. Myers Park
8. Ardrey Kell
9. Rolesville
10. Wake Forest
11. Glenn
12. Butler
13. Porter Ridge
14. West Forsyth
15. Reagan
16. Grimsley
17. Richmond
18. Charlotte Catholic
19. South Mecklenburg
20. Marvin Ridge

NATIONAL RATINGS

CALPREPS

Chambers 112
Hough 117
East Forsyth 140
Cardinal Gibbons 239

Massey Ratings

Chambers 109
Hough 166
East Forsyth 250
Cardinal Gibbons 291

Last edited:
Panther Creek lost their QB and he is the engine that runs that team.
Yeah, I noticed the difference in rating for Panther Creek between Massey and Calpreps. From what I've seen over the last three years or so, I personally put more stock in Massey's ratings than Calpreps. But at this point of the year, when no games have been played, I think it's a crap shoot either way. Interesting reading, but that's about it. Some may use them for some sort of bragging points. But later in the year things will be ironed out. Then at the end of the playoffs, things will be wrinkle free.

Yeah, I noticed the difference in rating for Panther Creek between Massey and Calpreps. From what I've seen over the last three years or so, I personally put more stock in Massey's ratings than Calpreps. But at this point of the year, when no games have been played, I think it's a crap shoot either way. Interesting reading, but that's about it. Some may use them for some sort of bragging points. But later in the year things will be ironed out. Then at the end of the playoffs, things will be wrinkle free.
Well said Honda. No banners hanging in trophy rooms for pre season polls. Everyone looks good in shorts. Everyone is undefeated. Everyone has their path mapped out to the house in December. By week 3, most of the pretenders have been identified and we have a pretty good idea who can play. For now, all get to talk trash and no one has to eat crow.

Reactions: mrhonda
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT