ADVERTISEMENT

Butler

1Twister

Sep 4, 2002
Does anyone have a legitimate roster for Butler. The one on Maxpreps has multiple number 5s, 10s, 15s, 25s, 33s, etc.

If you have one you can email please send it to 1twister@Carolina.rr.com

Thanks!

http://www.cmsathleticzone.com/roster/show/2491205?subseason=295916

Most of the duplicates are JV kids and non-impact players, but there are couple you need to be aware of for your broadcast. CMS Athletic Zone doesn't list classes or height/weights, but the jersey numbers are accurate, so you can cross reference the other info from MaxPreps.

#5 is Keyon Lesane, younger brother of linebacker Jaylen Lesane. Keyon will play a bunch of snaps on offense and usually gets carries on jet sweep end arounds. He has great speed but isn't featured much (yet...just a sophomore) in the deep passing game.

#10 is none of the above. It's Kusegi Cureton, an explosive transfer from Berry High. Cureton is big kid (6'-2") with great top end speed, and is Butler's major home run threat in the deep passing game this year. He had almost 200 yards receiving against Mallard Creek, hauling in several deep balls despite good coverage. In the early part of the year, he's been pretty much undefensible so far. Anytime Cheek chucks a deep ball in this game, there's about a 75% chance that #10 will be the target. Kusegi highlights against Mallard Creek posted at the bottom.

#20 is Jamal Worthy, Butler's freshman star running back of the future. Big kid with great wheels, but most of the snaps tomorrow night will go to junior #32 Nijere Peoples. Peoples is a big back that's more of a sledgehammer type than a breakaway type.

The defensive kids you'll be calling out all night are the same ones from last year...mainly the man-mountain in the middle Maurice McClain, Jr (#71 - 6'-1 320) and speedy linebacker Christian Dixon (#44). I'm sure you remember those kids from last year.

Butler has been banged up at cornerback. Western Carolina commit Brandon Brown (#7) had knee surgery in the spring and is due back on the field any day now. I didn't see the Western Alamance game last week, so I don't know if he played last week or not. The other corner is Dirk Cureton (#3), who started the season as the do-everything guy for Butler. In addition to starting at corner, he got plenty of snaps in the first couple of games at receiver and also was a kick returner (along with #12 DJ Little) and primary punt returner. Cureton got hurt in the 3rd qtr of the Mallard Creek game two weeks ago, and I don't know how much he played last week (he did play, but I don't know how much, and I didn't see him returning kicks in the highlights I saw). When he's out of the lineup, it affects several different units for Butler.

Last edited:
Reactions: swett2victory
No problem! I'd say I look forward to seeing you again, but I'm guessing Butler actually lets you in the pressbox, unlike the situation last time at Providence.

http://www.cmsathleticzone.com/roster/show/2491205?subseason=295916

Most of the duplicates are JV kids and non-impact players, but there are couple you need to be aware of for your broadcast. CMS Athletic Zone doesn't list classes or height/weights, but the jersey numbers are accurate, so you can cross reference the other info from MaxPreps.

#5 is Keyon Lesane, younger brother of linebacker Jaylen Lesane. Keyon will play a bunch of snaps on offense and usually gets carries on jet sweep end arounds. He has great speed but isn't featured much (yet...just a sophomore) in the deep passing game.

#10 is none of the above. It's Kusegi Cureton, an explosive transfer from Berry High. Cureton is big kid (6'-2") with great top end speed, and is Butler's major home run threat in the deep passing game this year. He had almost 200 yards receiving against Mallard Creek, hauling in several deep balls despite good coverage. In the early part of the year, he's been pretty much undefensible so far. Anytime Cheek chucks a deep ball in this game, there's about a 75% chance that #10 will be the target. Kusegi highlights against Mallard Creek posted at the bottom.

#20 is Jamal Worthy, Butler's freshman star running back of the future. Big kid with great wheels, but most of the snaps tomorrow night will go to junior #32 Nijere Peoples. Peoples is a big back that's more of a sledgehammer type than a breakaway type.

The defensive kids you'll be calling out all night are the same ones from last year...mainly the man-mountain in the middle Maurice McClain, Jr (#71 - 6'-1 320) and speedy linebacker Christian Dixon (#44). I'm sure you remember those kids from last year.

Butler has been banged up at cornerback. Western Carolina commit Brandon Brown (#7) had knee surgery in the spring and is due back on the field any day now. I didn't see the Western Alamance game last week, so I don't know if he played last week or not. The other corner is Dirk Cureton (#3), who started the season as the do-everything guy for Butler. In addition to starting at corner, he got plenty of snaps in the first couple of games at receiver and also was a kick returner (along with #12 DJ Little) and primary punt returner. Cureton got hurt in the 3rd qtr of the Mallard Creek game two weeks ago, and I don't know how much he played last week (he did play, but I don't know how much, and I didn't see him returning kicks in the highlights I saw). When he's out of the lineup, it affects several different units for Butler.

He is very talented Hokie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT