ADVERTISEMENT

Burns vs. Highland Tech

This conference is such a slap in the face especially for Burns, Shelby and EG. We are all used to realistic competitors. It is an injustice to the 1a schools as well. I for 1 believe there should be no split conferences.
I agree man.... and what did we learn about our offense this week ...absolutely nothing. We have one game left vs shelby see ya then

Last edited:
Reactions: misterkm
Football (and most other sports) at HT are almost like intermurals. Most students at HT could care less about HS football. Not much of a coumminity feel because students come from all over the county. I wish HT could have ended up in conference with all 1A schools, at least it would probably be safer.

I agree man.... and what did we learn about our offense this week ...absolutely nothing. We have one game left vs shelby see ya then
Who would even think of making this a 1a/2a conference, It's pathetic Two great 2a teams and they couldn't move the 3 of them into some other nearby 2a/3a conference.

It’ll switch up again. These conferences change up like underwear
Who knows?….Those 1a teams may come out of this conference, with the next realignment, as 1a juggernauts….Seasoned with experience versus 2a powerhouses!😉

And when they did they didn't even warmup. Straight from the bus to the sideline. Never seen that before in my life. Crazy.

That happened to us twice in my years at my school. In 2014 South Stokes showed up about 25 min before start time when we were doing senior night in the pouring rain on Halloween. They never warmed up on their side of the field. The game then got delayed 30 minutes because our DE barely ran into their QB on a bad option play (they run that offense Central Davidson runs,) and that poor QB separated his shoulder and had to be carted off. One of the oddest games I've ever watched.

Then about 3 years later Atkins showed up at 7 for a conference JV game that was supposed to start at 7. We were begging the refs to forfeit them but they refused and we had to wait about 10 minutes for them to warm up after we were done. Then we proceeded to beat their breaks off; they came in thinking they would win too 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT