ADVERTISEMENT

Burns @ Huss

The_Rev921

Sep 16, 2010
Dogs are coming in licking some wounds against a pretty decent Ashbrook team. Looks like we found a rhythm in the 2nd half but couldn't dig out of the hole. Cant win a game in the first half, but you can lose one and that saying fit the bill.

I am not sure what Huss has this season but they will likely be as athletic as Ashbrook. If we can clean up the penalties and make some plays on all 3 phases of the game, we can pull it off. If we shoot ourselves in the foot early and often, it may be a repeat of last week. Hopefully the Bulldogs take the battle of the canines.

I don't think Huss is as good as we all thought they would be this year. Having said that, they may have received some wake up calls early in the season and could turn things around. I just want to see more hustle and "want to" out of the boys this week. I was disappointed in our energy against Ashbrook. Here's to improving every week.

Something has definitely changed at Hunter Huss...how do you return 15 starters and struggle as they have???

Is that Huss PA guy still there that talks during the plays?
I wander if it's the same guy that did the youth league ? He talked sooo much junk about the opposing teams kids it was terrible. I had a parent go you to the box and beg him to come out so SHE could beat his a$$ lol he had locked the door and she could not get in

The 7 starters that didnt return were prob their best players.
No they still have some pretty good players but not the same internal team leadership. Huss problems has been penalties and no offensive identity. Huss has a ton of athletes on the offensive side but they try to do too much some times. Sometimes simple is better.

Huss returns to is preseason form and begins its roll...42-13

The last 2 meetings have been excellent high school football games....2 years ago winning on the last play of the game and last year a back and forth battle with the Dogs coming out on top at RGS. I was very surprised to see Huss struggle with North. Maybe North has a good team or they had an off night. I really expect it to be close once again. Im busy Friday night but it sure would be nice if they moved this one to Sunday afternoon since i have no football to watch .

Last edited:
Reactions: HitmanT
Something has definitely changed at Hunter Huss...how do you return 15 starters and struggle as they have???
Well
I believe this answers the question...Huss is as good as everyone stated earlier....they ate some very bad home cooking at Clover in a game they played better in... and decided to go into cruise control up 19-0 against Hickory(blame the coaches for that one and give valiant effort to Hickory) imo...I believe they have regained their focus and found the throttle again....just in time for one"s that count....

They played well lastnight but I think Ashbrook is stronger.
I agree ashbrook is strong having watched 3 qtr of game at SP last nite...If they threw the ball more they would be very good....in obvious times when they could have taken true advantage of that situation with a passing game - they still tried to run with sweeps and options......which was SP's forte....

I couldn't make it to the game. I decided to take my 3 year old to the fair. Looks like I made the right decision. Huss is a good team that probably thought they could walk on the field and win the games earlier in the year. They learned the hard way that couldn't happen. Looks like they are refocused now. Good luck to them the rest of the way. I'm hoping we can get a little better next week. It's all about improving from week to week this year.

Huss is a quality team when they have their act together. I saw nothing less when Hickory played them there. They did lose focus and made some questionable coaching moves in the 2nd half,but Hickory played hard and gained the win.
They have 3-4 athletes that can hurt you at any time when p;aged in the right position. I believe the Huskies have what it takes to win this game. Burns is on the right track, just won't be able to hang with Huss this year. I hope for a good clean and competitive game.

Think your a little behind the times buddy...this game is over, Kings Mountain and Huss are next.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT