ADVERTISEMENT

Burke County overall 22’ Recap

Burkeforreal

Aug 21, 2006
This is a for fun post that I’m putting on the 1A since the Burke co faithful have been on this one for quite some time. Prob nothing much to add to whatever that hadn’t been said in the Draughn post but this year has been an interesting ride for 2 Burke schools, record breaking for Draughn, disappointing for Freedom cause we expect more, and had to be hard on the fans, East Burke having good down to wire games against tough teams with a 3-7 record with a lot of huge expectations next year and I don’t know what the deal is with Patton.

So what’s y’all’s intellectual overview of the teams, what’s happened, shoulda happened, what to expect next year, coaches, community involvement, upcoming middle school talent etc. Been an interesting year in Burke co so let’s hear it.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'll save alot of posters some time. Draughn over 600 kids and pull from the whole county. That's all you need to know.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
How can you talk about next year with open enrollment? Who knows who will be at which school.

I agree. That is a hell of a show. Got a superintendent who doesn't have the balls to enforce people to go to the school they live in. Hey dude guess what That's what builds community support. It's just like Winston-Salem. Then those kids go wherever they want with the excuse being that the whole busing thing and school choice thing is race and poverty and socioeconomic related. It's not anymore. I mean East Forsyth was not the most upstanding school for years and years. Fat in fact I would dare to say Glenn was more well-regarded. So everyone needs to get with it. If they're going to let people recruit then they need to let everyone recruit. Of course when they kids act like the kids did from that Burke county school then you know they may need to think about what they're teaching them. But anyway I heard Burke county is a joke. A spineless superintendent who cowers to everyone. Get it fixed. It's time that freedom was whipping everybody's butt again for sure.

I agree. That is a hell of a show. Got a superintendent who doesn't have the balls to enforce people to go to the school they live in. Hey dude guess what That's what builds community support. It's just like Winston-Salem. Then those kids go wherever they want with the excuse being that the whole busing thing and school choice thing is race and poverty and socioeconomic related. It's not anymore. I mean East Forsyth was not the most upstanding school for years and years. Fat in fact I would dare to say Glenn was more well-regarded. So everyone needs to get with it. If they're going to let people recruit then they need to let everyone recruit. Of course when they kids act like the kids did from that Burke county school then you know they may need to think about what they're teaching them. But anyway I heard Burke county is a joke. A spineless superintendent who cowers to everyone. Get it fixed. It's time that freedom was whipping everybody's butt again for sure.

My guess is that is a school board decision and not Superintendent.

Reactions: sbbbfan
If the school board wants open enrollment there is nothing the Superintendent can do.

Unfortunately open enrollment is going to be a norm we have to accept in school districts in order to appease parents and to keep them from moving their kids to charter or private schools.

It's only going to get worse as we let the looney bin take over school boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdavis31
More recruiting and more speed

The speed is at East Burke. Wait til track season you’ll see lol. Now that’s not USUALLY the case but last year and this year and maybe next year yeah. I’d like to see Dula from Draughn step out on that track and see what kinda wheels he has going on in the 100m and 200m

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT