ADVERTISEMENT

Bryce Young

OllO

Aug 23, 2022
When Tennessee is good, that’s one of the hardest places in the county to play. When Tennessee is really good, it’s the hardest place to go win at. Not the results Bama wanted but Bryce Young is the most fascinating quarterback in all of college football to watch. He gave a Heisman performance Saturday, especially coming back from an injury and not having played a game in 2 weeks. Young's ability to stay focused and appear to be as calm as a cucumber during chaos and semi-torture is awesome and admirable. He's going to be a huge success in his future if he keeps that skill. Incredible game for both teams. This kind of game is why college football remains so popular. Saban is willing to sit players that have been starting for a while. Very few coaches would follow through with sitting a starter who isn't consistent enough. I love coach Saban style of executing because no one in the program is allowed to be entitled.

Saban basically said, you can't expect to win if you give up 52 points.

I got take my hate off to Saban and the team, they made it close and from the bottom of my heart I am happy it wasn't an easy win.

I think he will get better fundamentally and will probable have a great college career. However, I have big concerns about his size because at 6'0 he reminds me of fellow Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith who was a great college QB and one of the biggest football programs who's game simply didn't translate to the NFL

I think he will get better fundamentally and will probable have a great college career. However, I have big concerns about his size because at 6'0 he reminds me of fellow Heisman trophy winner Troy Smith who was a great college QB and one of the biggest football programs who's game simply didn't translate to the NFL
Comparing Troy Smith to Young? Smith was much thicker but not in the same category with elusiveness nor as a pure passer.

I was at the Horseshoe for the 2005 Texas game. If Smith plays the whole game Ohio State wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24
The thing about Young is how well he moves in the pocket and he is always looking downfield. He moves enough to find the throwing lanes he needs most of the time. He's a very smart player with great football instincts.
He is a combo of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson in my opinion. We will just have to wait and see how it translates to the NFL.

I see alil Mahomes, Rogers in Bryce Young. Kid is scary good. Size not an issue, only a 1'2 inch shorter than Rogers and 11 punds lighter. His composer is out this world esp for a kid who just turned 21, only 3 months ago. Would love to see him in Carolina or Washington or with the Saints

The thing about Young is how well he moves in the pocket and he is always looking downfield. He moves enough to find the throwing lanes he needs most of the time. He's a very smart player with great football instincts.
He is a combo of Drew Brees and Russell Wilson in my opinion. We will just have to wait and see how it translates to the NFL.
In college football last year, he was the best. He is the finest player in college football right now. He may be the greatest quarterback in Alabama Crimson Tide history. A game cannot be won by a single player. The Tide's final drive of regulation in the 2021 Iron Bowl was the effort that best exhibited Bryce at his best. Keep in mind Bryce in Gainesville, Florida. In his first SEC road start, we witnessed him guide the Crimson Tide to a grueling victory in the difficult atmosphere of The Swamp. However, one player has the option to refuse to lose, which might inspire his team to great feats. That's Bryce Young.

I see alil Mahomes, Rogers in Bryce Young. Kid is scary good. Size not an issue, only a 1'2 inch shorter than Rogers and 11 punds lighter. His composer is out this world esp for a kid who just turned 21, only 3 months ago. Would love to see him in Carolina or Washington or with the Saints
Carolina needs a QB like Bryce Young.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT