ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Till is leaving Richmond

Union Pines comes to Richmond next season so that will be interesting the reaction he gets from the fans. Moore county is 30-40 minutes away from Richmond so I don't really understand the statement of wanting to be closer to his family.... I'm sure money has a lot to do with this. Moore county definitely has more money to pay than Richmond.
He lives in Moore County. Doubtful he makes more than what RC pays as the HFC or at least not much more.

May be he does not take an HC job. Possibly looking for more if a change than just coaching. Who knows.

Didn’t he just quit last week? Do they not post jobs in Richmond county? Plus you have probably 2 or 3 days no one worked because of holidays.

He has enough years in to retire. Accepted the Marlboro (SC) job right across the line and that went sideways with a rogue school board. If he moves from Scotland he would double dip in SC.
Surprised me too to here his name. But it would be a double edged win for RC of they got him. Folks in Bennetsville messed thT hire up. They dont really want to win big anymore IMHO.

Reactions: btango
In these big jobs there is always a dark horse candidate that seemingly comes out of no where. I’m hearing Richard Bailey name more and more as we near interview time, while both sides made contact. Definitely could see it being a raise for him and sometimes coaches just seek a new challenge. However don’t think things went over well when Till interviewed for pinecrest two years ago. Wondered how the Scotland faithful would feel about it. If this came to fruition who would Scotland possibly turn to?

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdadd11103
I could see Bailey leaving Scotland but it would not be for Richmond. Don't think that checks the boxes for him and his family.

It’s been just over a week since Till resigned. With Christmas holiday and new years coming up who knows what’s Happening as far as applications or interviews. Believe me it will not be a big name coach that takes this position. Probably be someone all Raider fans are familiar with. The decision may have already been made. That’s the way it works around here.

It’s been just over a week since Till resigned. With Christmas holiday and new years coming up who knows what’s Happening as far as applications or interviews. Believe me it will not be a big name coach that takes this position. Probably be someone all Raider fans are familiar with. The decision may have already been made. That’s the way it works around here.
Then so be it! I think he is more than capable for the position….

Then so be it! I think he is more than capable for the position….
I wasn’t implying that he isn’t capable. I just stated that the choice may have already been made. I don’t know who the applicants are and when the choice is made we probably wont know who the applicants were. That’s probably a good thing.

if the choices may have been made then they would take the job post off their website. hopefully they will have some interviewed

im curious who got the job
I am with you I am curious to know myself.
I Also wonder if this will be Richmond first ever coach thats a different races … please note I am not trying to start anything.
So please nobody start
No I haven’t heard nothing they keeping it hush hush .
There are a few home town people that would be good for the job..
I guess we all will have to wait.
But I may have to contact some ppl to see if they know

For football Head Coach YES! I was banking on Brad as the head coach. I will say this I have caught a lot of slack from individuals cause I can be really critical over Raider ball. I will admit I love to win! So whoever the coach is please remember you can go 15-1 and not win the title and your head will be on a chopping block. Now who would like to apply for all that pressure as a head coach.

Next BOE meeting isn't until Jan 16th. There will be no announcement or hiring until then, nothing official any ways. Not to say an emergency meeting can't be called when needed but the point i am making is there is nothing set in stone until the Board approves it. All rumors and speculation until then, have seen way to many handshake agreements fall apart before the boards approval to get to excited.

Reactions: BlackKnight24
Next BOE meeting isn't until Jan 16th. There will be no announcement or hiring until then, nothing official any ways. Not to say an emergency meeting can't be called when needed but the point i am making is there is nothing set in stone until the Board approves it. All rumors and speculation until then, have seen way to many handshake agreements fall apart before the boards approval to get to excited.
Next school board meeting in Moore County is January 16th. All sorts of things will become "official" that day.

Last edited:
If the new coach is also a faculty member, it would make sense for him if at all possible to be appointed now and on-campus for the spring semester in order to start working with the players and coaches in the program, rather than waiting until June.

You m
If the new coach is also a faculty member, it would make sense for him if at all possible to be appointed now and on-campus for the spring semester in order to start working with the players and coaches in the program, rather than waiting until June.
You might be onto something here.

Reactions: RD28327
He has enough years in to retire. Accepted the Marlboro (SC) job right across the line and that went sideways with a rogue school board. If he moves from Scotland he would double dip in SC.
Yep he got screwed with the MC job … hired a local guy who got fired from his 2 previous jobs … paying a guy 109,000 a year for 4 wins and last place in the region

Work will be going on regardless of when the new coach arrives or is appointed. The assistants that remain will make sure of that (usually) for a few reasons. One reason being it is almost like an audition for an incoming coach to prove you are worth keeping on staff. Now if there is a mass exodus of assistants as well as the HC then you might have a problem. Not thinking that is the case at Richmond being that most are homegrown.

Although it makes sense for a new coach to be on campus asap it is not always up to him due to contracts and administrations. I think he can be held for at least 30 days. On campus or in the district is a lot easier to navigate obviously.

When Castellano came in, he and most of the guys he brought with him were commuting back and forth till the end of the school year.

Seeing as how no one has gotten it right yet, you all are going to be very surprised

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT