ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Till is leaving Richmond

How far has Richmond County fallen. I mean no disrespect to the people and players at RC but things have fallen for them

How far has Richmond County fallen. I mean no disrespect to the people and players at RC but things have fallen for them
Probably will continue to fall too. Think the county population is shrinking if I remember correctly.

Wish him well. Never had the opportunity to meet him but he seemed like an awesome guy to play for.

People behave as though Richmond was struck by an asteroid and an eruption had just occurred. In the foreseeable future, I see tremendous things happening here. Get Brad Denson and his dad on board, and you'll see the populace resemble the Alabama squad.
As Cougar said population decline is starting to take affect. Richmond Co. is down 4,000 people since 2010. I think Richmond is on the path of Anson and Scottland county

As Cougar said population decline is starting to take affect. Richmond Co. is down 4,000 people since 2010. I think Richmond is on the path of Anson and Scottland county
Richmond’s admin numbers are 2100 plus. Richmond’s ninth graders do not go to the high school. You can add at least 300 plus to that number. As far depending on a census for true population of a county most people I know don’t participate in that crap. What Richmond needs is a coach with organizational skills,good assistants and good weight room regimen. I don’t know who the future coach will be but it’s sure gonna be interesting . 👀

Please! You can find Cougar on Pinterest where he helps solo news forecasters like you with content and marketing tips and tricks so that you can save time and grow with better content strategies.

If RC can keep kids 3-5 years from the high school at home, they have something brewing down there. Similar to when the Hoods, Tillmans and Stromans came through from 17-19.

RC is down, but not out.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Brad Denson
Quin McCollum
Cory Johnson
James Johnson
Maurice Stone

Are the names I’ve heard they should be reaching out to. I think Stone or McCollum could be dark horse candidates here

Please! You can find Cougar on Pinterest where he helps solo news forecasters like you with content and marketing tips and tricks so that you can save time and grow with better content strategies.
Ha! I was nominated for a couple Emmy’s in my days in TV news, fun times! However, I was not on the marketing side.
It stands to reason that Till is not the issue, times change and facts are Richmond County is either shrinking or stagnant. That’s just a fact. I love watching Richmond, when they’re good it’s better for the state, but they may not bounce back to what they once were.
Who knows, maybe I’m wrong, certainly have been before, but Till is a damn good coach. He wasn’t the issue.

Maybe aside from Brad Denson or Greg Williams, I can't imagine Richmond hiring anyone who hasn't been a successful head football coach.

Some of the names mentioned are probably some of the guys I would go after if I were in charge.

Cory Johnson - Clinton (I think he could be the best pick if he wanted it)

Eric Morman - NW Cabarrus (Knows the program very well, he's a rising superstar)

Duran McLaurin - 71st (Top-shelf, what else do I have to say, he'd be a great fit)

Nick Eddins - Pinecrest (Can't say enough about him, worked at Richmond for a long time)

Doug Robertson - formerly at Page (He's a grinder, would fit in well in Rockingham with his style)

Chris Metzger - Montgomery Central (Why not, he's proven he can beat Richmond multiple times)

Steve Burdeau - Lee County (Did a great job as Richmond interim a few years back)

Jeremy Buck - Sanderson (Very underrated, fits the Richmond mold very well; Charlotte background)

Sam Greiner - West Charlotte (His style would resonate great with players)

A few South Carolina guys just below the border could be worth looking at too;
Jody Jenerette - West Florence
Jeff Calabrese - Hartsville
Mike Castellano - Wando assistant coach (Why not?)

The problem is that the job is in Richmond County, it's already been well documented how the area has decreased in population. How many wives are going to sign up and want to follow their husbands? It's a good question to ask. Unless they are paying upwards of 100k, then you're not going to get the pick of the litter. (But it's still Richmond so we'll see.)

Why not bring in Mark Barnes from Sumter? He can retire there, double-dip, and coach the Raiders. He would be a phenomenal pick. Raise 120k and bring him in.

Or why not raise 120k and bring in TK?

Why not bring in Mark Barnes from Sumter? He can retire there, double-dip, and coach the Raiders. He would be a phenomenal pick. Raise 120k and bring him in.

Or why not raise 120k and bring in TK?
Chris, not talking about double dipping here but with a 25 -30 year teacher in NC topping Out around $60,000, do you believe a booster club could realistically come up with an additional $40K to get the coach to $100,000. I certainly have no clue.

How about Andre Jacobs of Middle Creek? I think he was an assistant under Castellano @ Richmond. Also was Steve Burdeau's DC at Lee County.

People behave as though Richmond was struck by an asteroid and an eruption had just occurred. In the foreseeable future, I see tremendous things happening here. Get Brad Denson and his dad on board, and you'll see the populace resemble the Alabama squad.
DEEEEEELUSIONAL !!!! Put that homemade shine down and come back to reality. His dad is way to smart to step into the situation the way it is now. And as far as looking like Alabama, the only thing we share in common or will share in common with that type program is we both play on the same size field.

How many wives are going to sign up and want to follow their husbands?
This knocks out Jacobs and Morman as potential candidates. Both wives have jobs that time them to their area. Pretty sure this is the case, at least it was at one time.

C. Johnson, Eddins, McClaurin have great jobs and things rolling where they are not seeing the plus side to them leaving current post. McClaurin is a 71st alum i think so probably living out his dream.

The Knotts and Barnes scenario is very interesting but not sure there is enough big money supporters left to put a lucrative and attractive package to lure them north of the border again. They both are both very familiar with the beast that is the Richmond fanbase the good side and the bad. They don't have to worry about that where they are.

Metzger's = Till, plus he was given the keys to Montgomery Co and doesn't have anything to show for it. A place where Eddins thrived with half the county's talent. Not seeing him as a solid hire think we are right back here in 2-3 years.

Burdeau interesting but he is all to familiar with the in and out of Raider Nation. Thinking it left a sour taste when he left.

I would enjoy seeing Griener give it a shot. The SC guys, good programs where they are, they would be giving up a lot.

On staff or connected to program, Denson's, dad is way to smart to step into current situation and the son is doing well out of education. There maybe teaching certification issues with both being out for this amount of time. G. Williams, near the end of his journey, both kids are almost out and headed to college. Not sure he would want to deal with the day in and day out BS that goes on with the job at this point.

This of course is all just speculation and my personal opinion on the matter that amounts to a big bag of nothing in reality. But since i am giving my opinion i might as well go way out there.
There is a guy in the county who I think would be the perfect hire, well actually two. The one I want to propose will not be mentioned by anybody and probably wouldn't even consider it. Hell his current job would probably prohibit it. But Ronald Tillman would be a great head coach for Richmond, former player, former college athlete, former Richmond coach. Anybody who knows the man knows what he could and would do for the Raiders. Like I said, all this amounts to Jack in the real world.

Maybe aside from Brad Denson or Greg Williams, I can't imagine Richmond hiring anyone who hasn't been a successful head football coach.

Some of the names mentioned are probably some of the guys I would go after if I were in charge.

Cory Johnson - Clinton (I think he could be the best pick if he wanted it)

Eric Morman - NW Cabarrus (Knows the program very well, he's a rising superstar)

Duran McLaurin - 71st (Top-shelf, what else do I have to say, he'd be a great fit)

Nick Eddins - Pinecrest (Can't say enough about him, worked at Richmond for a long time)

Doug Robertson - formerly at Page (He's a grinder, would fit in well in Rockingham with his style)

Chris Metzger - Montgomery Central (Why not, he's proven he can beat Richmond multiple times)

Steve Burdeau - Lee County (Did a great job as Richmond interim a few years back)

Jeremy Buck - Sanderson (Very underrated, fits the Richmond mold very well; Charlotte background)

Sam Greiner - West Charlotte (His style would resonate great with players)

A few South Carolina guys just below the border could be worth looking at too;
Jody Jenerette - West Florence
Jeff Calabrese - Hartsville
Mike Castellano - Wando assistant coach (Why not?)

The problem is that the job is in Richmond County, it's already been well documented how the area has decreased in population. How many wives are going to sign up and want to follow their husbands? It's a good question to ask. Unless they are paying upwards of 100k, then you're not going to get the pick of the litter. (But it's still Richmond so we'll see.)
Greiner will not fit at Richmond !! He’s proven himself as an urban commodity that ain’t Richmond county. The Clinton coach will need an offense his was horrendous in the championship!! One dimensional!

What may work against Richmond this time is geography. Being that it’s no longer an “it” destination (though still a premier job), its location will drive more candidates away than usual. It will more than likely be someone with ties to the area, someone that’s coached in an area like Richmond County whose family will be accustomed to living in areas like RC, or an Ed Emory type whose family is all grown up and can make that move unilaterally.

Richmond’s admin numbers are 2100 plus. Richmond’s ninth graders do not go to the high school. You can add at least 300 plus to that number. As far depending on a census for true population of a county most people I know don’t participate in that crap. What Richmond needs is a coach with organizational skills,good assistants and good weight room regimen. I don’t know who the future coach will be but it’s sure gonna be interesting . 👀
The 9th graders don’t even go to school at Richmond?

Richmond is currently adding a 9th Grade building to its campus. Set to open either in 2024 or 2025, I believed. They’ll be on campus soon enough.

Key words, it’s Rockingham, North Carolina. Till lived north of where he coached, Metzger lives east of where he coaches. Unrealistic expectations from the community+crap place to live=tough job to take!

I don’t think Eric Morman would apply only for the simple fact his family loves the current area they are in but Never say never He would be a good choice

Reactions: bigdadd11103
The Knotts and Barnes scenario is very interesting but not sure there is enough big money supporters left to put a lucrative and attractive package to lure them north of the border again. They both are both very familiar with the beast that is the Richmond fanbase the good side and the bad. They don't have to worry about that where they are.
The same could be said of Knotts' transfer from Independence to Dutch Fork, a team that hadn't won a title since 2006. The location makes a difference, but Knotts is a top-notch coach, so he can quickly transform Richmond. The Richmond fan base would raise the money. They have both the momentum and energy. I can assure you that if Knotts arrived, a caravan would migrate from Charlotte and every athlete would have a relative who would have moved to Richmond. Jobs would be created by Gianni Versace's apparel brand, Macy's, BMW Manufacturing Company and John Deere Farming Sales.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT