ADVERTISEMENT

Bryan Till is leaving Richmond

I tried to post a link but I guess I am not smart enough to post it but coach Till went to union pines .
We all knew that was where he was going. Happy wife happy life !!!
On Brad being the new head coach lets us all give him a try before knocking him down .
I am glad he has Richmond county blood because if it would have been any other coach they may have already resigned already .
I meaning really being a head coach is different then just being a coach on the team you never know what he may have up his sleeves

I tried to post a link but I guess I am not smart enough to post it but coach Till went to union pines .
We all knew that was where he was going. Happy wife happy life !!!
On Brad being the new head coach lets us all give him a try before knocking him down .
I am glad he has Richmond county blood because if it would have been any other coach they may have already resigned already .
I meaning really being a head coach is different then just being a coach on the team you never know what he may have up his sleeves
I don't know what kind of head coach Brad will be. A lot will depend who he gets as his assistants. The ones we have now are not up to snuff. What I do know is the secret agreement that was dreamed up in 1973 is still alive. It was said then, that there would never be a black head coach or head principal at Richmond. 50 years later they are still making good on that pledge. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

I don't know what kind of head coach Brad will be. A lot will depend who he gets as his assistants. The ones we have now are not up to snuff. What I do know is the secret agreement that was dreamed up in 1973 is still alive. It was said then, that there would never be a black head coach or head principal at Richmond. 50 years later they are still making good on that pledge. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Wow what a post I hope brad does a good job give him a chance I agree need some help with the assistants not gonna make this a race post I hear you on not ever having a Afro-American football coach or principle but there is one coaching basketball for couple years and he is doing a fine job. Never heard of a secret agreement made in 1973 🙏 that we all come together in the county and in the country.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
He won’t make it 2 years before he is boood out of the stadium
He will get a 2 year honeymoon period due to predecessor and ties to the past. After those two years, the "monster" will start to grow hungrier and hungrier every season till it has to be fed. 4 years tops.

Literally heard this same rumor/position early 90s, 2000s. Many thought Leon Hope would get the RC job when Barnes left. But he didn't. At one point many at West Charlotte wanted him when Knotts left for Indy. Mike Helms was an absolute disaster at WC. Then RC passed over Flowers. The top choice this time around should have been Coach Eric Morman or possibly Patrick Hope.

Taking a neutral approach on Denson. Talked to many former players and their biggest gripe is that his offense is one dimensional run up the middle with no creativity. As a rule of thumb asst. coaches on the prior staff of the former HC rarely do much better and are often times worse. An experienced HC with no ties to the previous regime or the school always seem to do better IMHO because they take an unbiased look at the situation and can make tough choices. When you have the town hero local return they get a lot of leeway that sometimes can hurt a program. Hope he does well. Will be a very tough job.

Reactions: MagisterO
Then RC passed over Flowers. The top choice this time around should have been Coach Eric Morman or possibly Patrick Hope.
Flowers had baggage at the time, (ineligible players, pretty sure) Antonio King who was also in the mix at that time would have been a better hire between those two. They went with Emory who ended up being 77-7 that's not to bad of a record. This time around it should have been Greg Williams, if he wanted it. If he wanted it, then this is a complete sham and total travesty. Morman would be a good hire but i am pretty sure it was a family decision to stay away. Big city lights and job opportunities for family members to hard to leave behind to return home.

I can't really speak to the secret handshake in 1973 deal as i was around 6 at the time but definitely some good ole boy networking involved in this hire. Totally agree about remaining neutral or at least trying to but it is difficult when you know there were more highly qualified candidates. Seems we chose glory days and popularity over substance and looking to the future of the program. For the kids and the legacy of the program that has been built i truly hope I am proven wrong in my doubts, we shall see.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Literally heard this same rumor/position early 90s, 2000s. Many thought Leon Hope would get the RC job when Barnes left. But he didn't. At one point many at West Charlotte wanted him when Knotts left for Indy. Mike Helms was an absolute disaster at WC. Then RC passed over Flowers. The top choice this time around should have been Coach Eric Morman or possibly Patrick Hope.

Taking a neutral approach on Denson. Talked to many former players and their biggest gripe is that his offense is one dimensional run up the middle with no creativity. As a rule of thumb asst. coaches on the prior staff of the former HC rarely do much better and are often times worse. An experienced HC with no ties to the previous regime or the school always seem to do better IMHO because they take an unbiased look at the situation and can make tough choices. When you have the town hero local return they get a lot of leeway that sometimes can hurt a program. Hope he does well. Will be a very tough job.
Maurice would have did a great job but at the time Flowers was not getting a job in a NC public high school.

Did not think Eric Morman would return to Richmond. His family is established in the Charlotte metro area.

Patrick Hope has been on staff, father was on past staffs. Would not expect massive improvement. As an HC maybe he could get some players out of the hallway but would expect that as a Raider and assistant.

Think the most highly qualified candidates main interest is in another job in the area that will most likely come open in the next few seasons.

I would expect Greg Williams to stay on with Denson. If he is there, you have a solid coach/man that understands the community and school / political system.

Going to be interesting to watch this unfold over the next few seasons.

His offense has one play run up the middle
Nothing screams novice football fan louder than this statement. The middle of the offense is the Center, hence the title. So every team that runs the football between the tackles is running directly at the Centers butt? Come on now, be a better fan than that. There are a multitude of possible schemes to make use of those matchups and alignments of the defense in those 4 gaps from Tackle to Tackle (5 and 6 gaps if you add TE's). Pro football has the least number of running plays yet we all have our favorite teams. They all run Inside Zone, Outside Zone and a wrinkle of the week deepening on opponent and nobody says "they run it up the middle all the time". I bet that every NFL team runs the same play 60% of the time Inside Zone left and Inside Zone right. High School football is the most diversified and creative offenses you will see during a season you can see Wing T, Spread, Zone, Power, Flex bone, the list goes on and on. So lets all try to be better fans and avoid the tired cliche's of "they always run up the middle" "if the OL would block somebody", "come on Def tackle somebody"

Reactions: CatScratchFever23
Going forward if the success of the Richmond football program depends on the skin color of the head coach then this program is doomed for failure. If a player does not want to participate for that reason then you’re probably better off without them. Same goes for the fans in the stands. Football is a tool for these young men to learn life lessons and for some to further their education or even play college or pro ball no matter what their skin color is. High school athletics keeps kids off the streets and out of trouble and gives them something to be part of and gives them goals to achieve. I’m not excited or disappointed in the hire they made. I just hope the program can get back on track.

Flowers had baggage at the time, (ineligible players, pretty sure) Antonio King who was also in the mix at that time would have been a better hire between those two. They went with Emory who ended up being 77-7 that's not to bad of a record. This time around it should have been Greg Williams, if he wanted it. If he wanted it, then this is a complete sham and total travesty. Morman would be a good hire but i am pretty sure it was a family decision to stay away. Big city lights and job opportunities for family members to hard to leave behind to return home.

I can't really speak to the secret handshake in 1973 deal as i was around 6 at the time but definitely some good ole boy networking involved in this hire. Totally agree about remaining neutral or at least trying to but it is difficult when you know there were more highly qualified candidates. Seems we chose glory days and popularity over substance and looking to the future of the program. For the kids and the legacy of the program that has been built i truly hope I am proven wrong in my doubts, we shall see.
This hire is as good ole boy as it can be. When the job came open most already knew the hire would be Denson. Even when he was on staff, fans clamored for him. Nothing against him at all. RC is in a different position then when Emory, or Hoggard were hired. Coach Ed Emory's credential's were impeccable for a HS coach when coming to RC. Hoggard's resume was great when he came to RC and RC was winning big when both took over. This take over not so much.

Reactions: Greengold_4ever
Nothing screams novice football fan louder than this statement. The middle of the offense is the Center, hence the title. So every team that runs the football between the tackles is running directly at the Centers butt? Come on now, be a better fan than that. There are a multitude of possible schemes to make use of those matchups and alignments of the defense in those 4 gaps from Tackle to Tackle (5 and 6 gaps if you add TE's). Pro football has the least number of running plays yet we all have our favorite teams. They all run Inside Zone, Outside Zone and a wrinkle of the week deepening on opponent and nobody says "they run it up the middle all the time". I bet that every NFL team runs the same play 60% of the time Inside Zone left and Inside Zone right. High School football is the most diversified and creative offenses you will see during a season you can see Wing T, Spread, Zone, Power, Flex bone, the list goes on and on. So lets all try to be better fans and avoid the tired cliche's of "they always run up the middle" "if the OL would block somebody", "come on Def tackle somebody"
No matter what you call it .. up the middle, between the tackles etc. run heavy football ain’t winning championships in todays football.

People behave as though Richmond was struck by an asteroid and an eruption had just occurred. In the foreseeable future, I see tremendous things happening here. Get Brad Denson and his dad on board, and you'll see the populace resemble the Alabama squad.
Brad Denson next head coach at Richmond

Told you all this was coming!
You guys just dont like to listen.......

No matter what you call it .. up the middle, between the tackles etc. run heavy football ain’t winning championships in todays football.

More common to see and more sustainable in 1A and 2A. Larger schools have the personel to A) stop the run and B) not have to run a wing t system.

Reactions: btango
Lol two years ago New Bern went undefeated and won the 4a championship and threw the ball like 20 something times the whole season.
So true they won it all time to change the title or thread or topic wish coach till and family the best on to new news how about change title to let's go coach Brad and Raiders.

Reactions: paulraiderfan
Lol two years ago New Bern went undefeated and won the 4a championship and threw the ball like 20 something times the whole season.
Yep that’s the year New Bern got caught using ineligible players and had to forfeit all their wins. Coach and principal were fired shortly after..

Reactions: drawplay000
We’re gonna find out how well-connected Denson is. He needs some players to move into the area for the next few years. What’s there now won’t get it done. I agree with the assistant coaches, too. He’ll need to bring in more experience. Till was doing the most coaching he’s done since being an assistant the last 2 seasons.

One and done - Former college coach and state championship high school head coach - not a second look.

We’re gonna find out how well-connected Denson is. He needs some players to move into the area for the next few years. What’s there now won’t get it done. I agree with the assistant coaches, too. He’ll need to bring in more experience. Till was doing the most coaching he’s done since being an assistant the last 2 seasons.
Nobody is moving their kid to richmond county schools. Keep being delusional.

• Haha
Reactions: 2Grine
Like a old wise man told me

“time will tell brotha” so We have give coach Time. If he a dumpster fire you are going know early on bc u can’t when a coach has lost a locker room or players not listening or whatever the case - If he a successful coach it take time to see that happen because Rome wasn’t built overnight and with coaching change things take time get settle back down n everyone starts clicking so

What makes you say this? Easiest, most convenient or most popular? I am a little thick headed at times and need some help on this statement. Thanks for your help
You just like everyone else in Richmond county know Brad was preordained. Anyone from out of town should have been payed for their time and gas to interview...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT