ADVERTISEMENT

Blizzard 2018

Warhead1

Sep 8, 2009
At what point in time will the State consider postponing games? The Western part of the State will be buried under snow until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest while the East is just getting some rain. Is this a possibility or is it basically the games are being played no matter what? This definitely has to help some Eastern teams. It will be very interesting to see how things work out. Could we see them bump the Championships 1 more week?

I see your point... But that ship has sailed. You could run into basketball games at Duke or UNC-CH (haven’t looked)... I love football season, but its time to be done. Make the best of it. Sports teaches handling adversity.

Right.... if schools are closed until Friday and people are without power how is that right? They added a week for a hurricane and kids couldn't get to school on the east side of the state. Just curious

At what point in time will the State consider postponing games? The Western part of the State will be buried under snow until Wednesday or Thursday at the earliest while the East is just getting some rain. Is this a possibility or is it basically the games are being played no matter what? This definitely has to help some Eastern teams. It will be very interesting to see how things work out. Could we see them bump the Championships 1 more week?

How many colleges in the area have indoor workout facilities?

Right.... if schools are closed until Friday and people are without power how is that right? They added a week for a hurricane and kids couldn't get to school on the east side of the state. Just curious

It was a little different down there. People were out of their homes. Schools were flooded and also uninhabitable. It was also more than a week that they were affected. Many are still out of their homes. Plus, every single school was still playing football. Now we’re down to 16. They’ll all find a way. Winners (and all 16 are winners) find a way.

This storm and the hurricane are not very comparable. I volunteered in the east after the storm and the destruction was tremendous. I know of players that played in the playoffs that still cannot live in their homes. Some schools were closed for three to four weeks.

If they want to push back it will be three days before Christmas and I am not sure the facilities are available. None of that is good but better than nothing.

In 2002 Mecklenburg area schools were out all week due to ice storm on Monday causing severe damage and no power. Played semifinals that Friday. Memorial Stadium had thick ice on the bleacher walkways.

The later the season runs the most chances fir weather issues. Last year was dodgy. Another reason I think the season may should be 11 weeks and you can schedule up to 11 games. Drop the bye week.

It’s been a crazy year weather wise and to top it off the forecast for Friday and Saturday is 90 percent heavy rain.

How many colleges in the area have indoor workout facilities?
Even with Wake Forest having an indoor facility in the triad teams are not allowed to practice or coaches can not have contact with the team if school is canceled. Forsyth County just canceled school for Thursday and more than likely Friday. Does anyone know if East got an exception or have not practiced or communicated all week?

Even with Wake Forest having an indoor facility in the triad teams are not allowed to practice or coaches can not have contact with the team if school is canceled. Forsyth County just canceled school for Thursday and more than likely Friday. Does anyone know if East got an exception or have not practiced or communicated all week?

That kind of decision is made at the discretion of the system’s superintendent. Coaches can definitely contact their players and use technology to coach from afar. I’m certain East Forsyth is practicing, as I know North Davidson is. Practices in Davidson County have been optional this week since Wednesday. Even the basketball and wrestling teams are practicing.

East Forsyth has been practicing. They practiced on Saturday, also. Teams that are playing are practicing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT