ADVERTISEMENT

Big game???????? Or not????

Terrible idea period, all that does is hurt the kids and the other sports programs at Pisgah, it literally makes 0 sense, it doesn't really hurt Tuscola, because the gate was 100% to Pisgah, but now they will make less than a quarter of what they would have made on the gate alone, not including lost concessions, 50/50, etc.
Tell us how it hurts Pisgah. Pisgah has been playing at Bethel for 2 years. Half the team played football there their whole lives. The Pisgah fans have been filling bethel stands for 2 years on Thursday nights. So please elaborate to us how this hurts Pisgah.

Reactions: pisgah101
Tell us how it hurts Pisgah. Pisgah has been playing at Bethel for 2 years. Half the team played football there their whole lives. The Pisgah fans have been filling bethel stands for 2 years on Thursday nights. So please elaborate to us how this hurts Pisgah.
He just did. Dolla Billz.. It’s a total asshole move. No one should be surprised.. All things considered..LOL

Reactions: esah2212
Tuscolas just mad that they aren’t getting the chance to end the streak at “home” and now get to lose in gods country where we’ll have a better advantage then on the river haha props to Pisgah administration for a power move! As for “new screen names” I was probably posting here before some of y’all were born LOL

He just did. Dolla Billz.. It’s a total asshole move. No one should be surprised.. All things considered..LOL
You tuscola people remind me of the Waterboy's daddy saying..."to hell with school dopey take the money". 91 you need change your poster name to Roberto.

• Haha
Pisgah was given the keys to the stadium and all the money from what I understand. They simply don't want to play there. It doesn't make sense. You're gonna cheat the kids out of the environment of this game as well as parents and fans. Then there are the financial repercussions. Pisgah didn't get their way and now they're doing this and blaming Tuscola it seems. If this is the case then they need to play every home game at Bethal from here on out until their stadium reopens.

You tuscola people remind me of the Waterboy's daddy saying..."to hell with school dopey take the money". 91 you need change your poster name to Roberto.
I will but you should change yours to Bobby. You idiots were given everything and then at the last minute want to back out. But hey if you all are good with cheating the fans and community that’s the on you.

If that's true then why would we change it? Think about that long and hard. The post on big t club is not the whole truth.

Money, all the other sports programs rely on the money generated from this game, and being at bethel, it will only generate a small fraction of it, if that doesn't hurt, then i don't know what does.

Reactions: 91ths
Money, all the other sports programs rely on the money generated from this game, and being at bethel, it will only generate a small fraction of it, if that doesn't hurt, then i don't know what does.
Not to mention it cheats the seniors on both sides.

If you notice, most people weren't whining, they were showing concern for the players and the athletes from all the other sports, that is a lot of money to lose swapping a game to a venue, if you are lucky, may hold 2k people, my son is a Pisgah Grad, I may have graduated from Tuscola, but I would hate to see the sports programs at any school lose out on that much dough.

Well I guess ya'll whined to the right people. Game is going to be played at tuscola

If this is true, and f they dont wishy wash their way out of this, it was the right decision. Shows that public opinion does have an effect after all.

So channeling 5-6000 people into a 5ft walkway in an emergency situation is safe. Ok🙄
Now all the sudden safety is a concern. Right ok

The right decision prevailed. Period. The bethel site would be an absolute disaster from the beginning.

Bethel Middle, Canton Middle, Little Johnnys Golden Fiddle! Don't Care Mounties by 14!!!

"If that's true then why would we change it?" The post on big t club is not the whole truth.
What more did Pisgah want that Tuscola didnt already agree to? PHS gets ALL the revenue from the gate and concessions etc. Is this not correct? What more did Pisgah want in that whole truth? Back to back games at Pisgah just isnt going to happen. I dont blame THS for this position. It is not their fault that Pisgah memorial isnt ready for a home game, (and by the looks of things it might not be ready next year either at the pace the "repairs" are going, unless that one man with a shovel is a real miracle worker.)
So channeling 5-6000 people into a 5ft walkway in an emergency situation is safe. Ok🙄
Isnt that just about the same width as the Pisgah visiting sideline? And even MORE channeling to just get out of those bleachers at PMS? A person may be just as well off to jump over the top of the bleachers to get out in an emergency situation there.

Last edited:
Back to back games at Pisgah just isnt going to happen. I dont blame THS for this position. It is not their fault that Pisgah memorial isnt ready for a home game
To be fair, it's not Pisgah's fault either and if back to back games couldn't happen in Canton, then why should back to back to back games happen in Waynesville? Money or not, this is still not a true home game for Pisgah as they'll be in the visiting locker room, on the visiting sideline and sitting in the visiting bleachers. So I don't blame them for wanting to play such a game in their community but I agree with you in that Bethel is just not feasible. In all honesty, playing this one as a home game for Tuscola and giving PHS back to back would have made the most sense considering the circumstances but that is just my opinion as a neutral observer.

To be fair, it's not Pisgah's fault either and if back to back games couldn't happen in Canton, then why should back to back to back games happen in Waynesville? Money or not, this is still not a true home game for Pisgah as they'll be in the visiting locker room, on the visiting sideline and sitting in the visiting bleachers. So I don't blame them for wanting to play such a game in their community but I agree with you in that Bethel is just not feasible. In all honesty, playing this one as a home game for Tuscola and giving PHS back to back would have made the most sense considering the circumstances but that is just my opinion as a neutral observer.
It’s not their fault. But they also had a year to find a different venue Not get pissy a week before the game cause they don’t want to be at our place.

But they also had a year to find a different venue Not get pissy a week before the game cause they don’t want to be at our place.
It sounds like they made a reasonable request a while ago, to give you a home game this year in exchange for the next 2 years thus giving you both equal years and them time to get their stadium up to par in order to play in Canton. Asking Pisgah to go searching in the next county for a venue while Tuscola plays theirs at home, just stinks all the way around. If the above is true, and they did make such a reasonable request, it doesn't sound like Pisgah is the one playing hard to get along with.

Reactions: Rocket Pride
It’s not their fault. But they also had a year to find a different venue Not get pissy a week before the game cause they don’t want to be at our place.
A fair point. They had a year, and lots of other venues (including WCU) that could and would have hosted this event. Had they known the dates ahead of time. Lets just get that Pisgah field up and running if we have to conscript the Ukrainian army (or more likely the Mexican army thats already here) to get it done. I was just by there 10 minutes ago and again, not a damn thing going on, either on the field, fencing, or plumbing electrical or anything else. On a positive note, the 15 ft high pile of gravel is gone, and so was the guy with the shovel., A real miracle worker he was.

A fair point. They had a year, and lots of other venues (including WCU) that could and would have hosted this event.
I am trying to figure out what exactly is fair for Pisgah here? It's supposed to be their home game but it sounds like Tuscola is dictating the terms. "You either play in Waynesville, or find a place outside the county, but we're not playing at Bethel, and we're not gonna let you play 2 in a row in Canton when you get your stadium fixed, despite us asking you to play 3 in a row in Waynesville"

Money be damned, that's a poor deal for Pisgah. All I've read in this thread is that they're taking their ball and going home or that they're throwing a last minute tantrum, but seriously was their initial request not reasonable and done in a timely manner?

Can someone please explain exactly what the hell is going on here to an outsider?

Am I understanding correctly that Tuscola and pisgah are playing at a damn middle school this year? That’s the one game per year that you can guarantee a huge crowd and gate. If pisgah is the home team, play it at tuscola and have it as pisgah for 2-3 years in a row when the stadium is ready. I can’t imagine telling 15-20 seniors “yea sorry guys, we are going to rob (pun intended) you of the biggest game you guys will ever play in because we want to move this particular game to a cow pasture where only your parents can come. How the hell could ANYBODY support that idea? I’d rather play Reynolds at Reynolds until 2030 then play a home game on a practice field at Oakley elementary.

Can someone please explain exactly what the hell is going on here to an outsider?
This is what I have gathered from the news articles and everyone posting here.

This year was supposed to be Pisgah's home game. Obviously they don't have a stadium so earlier in the year the Pisgah admins requested to have this year be a home game for Tuscola instead because in theory, money aside, it already is because they play at their field, run out of their tunnel, their locker room, sit on their side, etc. In exchange, Pisgah would get next year and the year after as home games to even out the series and it goes back to the original rotation thereafter. Seems logical enough however Tuscola declined, saying that they'll accommodate Pisgah as best they can despite Pisgah having to travel to Waynesville for 3 years in a row. Pisgah didn't like that, and in my opinion I wouldn't either, and at the last second decided out of principle to make a point. It's our home game, we'll play where we wish. That caused an uproar of people saying this is nothing but a temper tantrum, they had plenty of time to find accommodations despite making a reasonable timely request that is 100% equal to both parties in the end. Obviously they can't play at Bethel, I think everyone agrees but this has been handled far from ideal by both parties.

Last time I was at a game at Bethel middle school, 20 people were there and there still wasn’t enough parking for them. On top of that I’m pretty sure I stepped in what I can only hope was a couple of cow patties on my way over to the visiting “stands”. Just not a feasible option as much as I hate it for the Pisgah kids. You have to play a game of this magnitude at a venue that can handle the vast majority of Haywood county that will be attending this game. I’m with AhsCougar1, the more fans = the more fun. We all went through the COVID crowds. As great as it was to be playing ball again, it just was not the same.

The logical choice was Pisgah’s initial proposal of giving up their “home” game to Tuscola in ‘22 in exchange for two years of the game being played in the heart of Mill Town.

However, it appears that logic does not always prevail. Both sides have firmly planted their feet and refuse to budge. That is what makes this rivalry great. Bulletin board material for both sides. Keep stoking the fire everyone. Haywood County might burn to the ground on October 14th. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.

Last time I was at a game at Bethel middle school, 20 people were there and there still wasn’t enough parking for them. On top of that I’m pretty sure I stepped in what I can only hope was a couple of cow patties on my way over to the visiting “stands”. Just not a feasible option as much as I hate it for the Pisgah kids. You have to play a game of this magnitude at a venue that can handle the vast majority of Haywood county that will be attending this game. I’m with AhsCougar1, the more fans = the more fun. We all went through the COVID crowds. As great as it was to be playing ball again, it just was not the same.

The logical choice was Pisgah’s initial proposal of giving up their “home” game to Tuscola in ‘22 in exchange for two years of the game being played in the heart of Mill Town.

However, it appears that logic does not always prevail. Both sides have firmly planted their feet and refuse to budge. That is what makes this rivalry great. Bulletin board material for both sides. Keep stoking the fire everyone. Haywood County might burn to the ground on October 14th. Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds.
Agreed. The game could never be played in Bethel and I think even Pisgah knew that, they did it out of principle more than anything. I understand Tuscola's argument of "you agreed to this back during the summer" but I also understand Pisgah's position in that they had less time between Fred destroying their field last August and their 2021 season starting while trying to figure out how to play a season of football, than Tuscola had to make a home game out of a game that was already going to be played on Tuscola's field. It was a reasonable request that was equal for both parties with 2+ weeks to make it work.

I guarantee you if you asked the players “hey you can play in front of 15,000 people at tuscola and we can make a whole bunch of money” OR “we can play it on a goat ranch and each player gets 3 tickets and we lose a ton of money”, they’d choose to play in front of the crowd. It’s not even a comparison. It’s incomprehensible that you could even have the discussion on what to do. Just play 3 of the next 4 at pisgah or something or 7 or the next 10.

Reading this thread has been very enjoyable........lets get this work!!!! Fast forward the clip to the 3:00 mark and enjoy!!!

I guarantee you if you asked the players “hey you can play in front of 15,000 people at tuscola and we can make a whole bunch of money” OR “we can play it on a goat ranch and each player gets 3 tickets and we lose a ton of money”, they’d choose to play in front of the crowd. It’s not even a comparison. It’s incomprehensible that you could even have the discussion on what to do. Just play 3 of the next 4 at pisgah or something or 7 or the next 10.
Tuscola wouldn't even agree to 2 in a row at Pisgah which seemed to be the most reasonable solution, which is why Pisgah tried to make a point. It was never going to be played at Bethel and I'm sure even Pisgah knew that. This entire charade seems to be out of principle, simply to make a point and boy if it didn't get everyone's attention. Lol.

Let me see if this an accurate view from Tuscolas perspective, why punish THS because PM Stadium is not available on that date for your home game? THS has (if I am correct here, if not, somebody tell me where I am wrong on the numbers here) given you everything. The gate, the concessions, the 50 50 the press box crew and PA WTF MORE do you want? SO, Now you want the next two years at Pisgah through no fault of Tuscola's? OK THS will half NEXT YEARS GATE as well, even though it is THEIR home game. Still not enough eh? I suspect that two years at Pisgah just isnt going to happen folks, whether this game happens or not. Its time to accept this and focus the energy on pressuring whoever needs to be pressured to get that GD field in Canton FINISHED for God's Sake! PLEASE! .

Let me see if this an accurate view from Tuscolas perspective, why punish THS because PM Stadium is not available on that date for your home game? THS has (if I am correct here, if not, somebody tell me where I am wrong on the numbers here) given you everything. The gate, the concessions, the 50 50 the press box crew and PA WTF MORE do you want? SO, Now you want the next two years at Pisgah through no fault of Tuscola's? OK THS will half NEXT YEARS GATE as well, even though it is THEIR home game. Still not enough eh? I suspect that two years at Pisgah just isnt going to happen folks, whether this game happens or not. Its time to accept this and focus the energy on pressuring whoever needs to be pressured to get that GD field in Canton FINISHED for God's Sake! PLEASE! .
How is Tuscola being punished? In the end, all parts would be equal as both teams would play 2 of the 4 games at their stadium. There is no punishment, if anything the only team being punished here is the one having to play 3 of the 4 in their rival's stadium. I have no skin in this game, it just seems clear from a neutral perspective that Tuscola would not be punished. You say THS has given everything, except a true home game which could have been remedied by making a simple consideration by making a game that was already being played at your place, a home game for you. You keep bringing up the money, this was never about the money. PHS was always going to get the revenue whether it was played in Waynesville or next year in Canton, so it's not about the money and there is a reason THS fans aren't objecting to playing at home. Give the Pisgah the money they were due anyway but you still have every advantage of homefield for 3 years in a row. That's punishing Pisgah if anyone is getting punished.

"How is Tuscola being punished?"
Simple! By taking a game that is rightfully supposed to be THSs and giving it to Pisgah. Seems some people dont see it that way. This is curious because THS people seem to see that quite clearly. Even AFTER THS gave all revenue THIS year, and half of next years gate (no small sum indeed) at what would be their rightful turn in the home and home ongoing series.

"You say THS has given everything, except a true home game which could have been remedied by making a simple consideration by making a game that was already being played at your place, a home game for you."

Not ME....Tuscola. And they dont see it that way, and lest we all forget, what has happened at Pisgah is not their fault. They have done all they can do over the past two (and counting) years. Enough is enough. That "simple consideration" in a normal game is one thing, but in THIS one? Thats a bridge way too far as they see it. I am surprised personally that they even generously offered to split the gate NEXT year and didnt ask to split it THIS year as well. So yes, Tuscola has plenty of THEIR skin in this game as well.

But who knows? All this may be a moot point anyway.
The way things are looking today, the stadium might not be ready for that game a year from now either.

Dear lord shut up! All the pressure in the world won’t get that field ready before the end of this season! FEMA has a check list and a TIMELINE that cannot be sped up!

Last edited:
Mule,Dixie is working on his resume for next year when you know who will be running the show in mills river😳

Mule has become an even worse poster then he was 15 years ago… good lord dude go on out to pasture and let your hatred of Pisgah(your alma mater) go with you

Then you would be wrong. You have no idea of players getting on buses 20 plus games in a row. Home games are not home games at all.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
"How is Tuscola being punished?"
Simple! By taking a game that is rightfully supposed to be THSs and giving it to Pisgah.
Rightfully supposed be THS? This years game was supposed to be Pisgah’s at Pisgah but it’s at your place instead. Let me guess, you’re doing them a favor by letting them keep money that was rightfully supposed to be there’s anyway? What was the alternative, keeping the money, the home game and still making it count against Pisgah’s rotation? You seem to think you’re doing them a favor by giving them what’s there’s anyway. Your logic is flawed from the start. The only 100% fair solution is letting a game played at your stadium be considered a home game for you and vice versa. Instead, Pisgah now plays 3 road games consecutively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT