ADVERTISEMENT

Big game???????? Or not????

Rightfully supposed be THS? This years game was supposed to be Pisgah’s at Pisgah but it’s at your place instead. Let me guess, you’re doing them a favor by letting them keep money that was rightfully supposed to be there’s anyway? What was the alternative, keeping the money, the home game and still making it count against Pisgah’s rotation? You seem to think you’re doing them a favor by giving them what’s there’s anyway. Your logic is flawed from the start. The only 100% fair solution is letting a game played at your stadium be considered a home game for you and vice versa. Instead, Pisgah now plays 3 road games consecutively.
They supposedly gave us the “Keys” to their stadium, but there are stipulations attached.

Then you would be wrong. You have no idea of players getting on buses 20 plus games in a row. Home games are not home games at all.
They’re not playing in Cleveland county. It’s the same county 10 miles away. It’s not tuscola’s fault y’all’s stadium got destroyed. And as bad as I do feel for them having to play 20 “away” games in a row, that’s the unfortunate hand they have been dealt.
But I’d rather play in a real stadium in front of 12,000 people instead of 84 at a middle school.

Rightfully supposed be THS? This years game was supposed to be Pisgah’s at Pisgah but it’s at your place instead. Let me guess, you’re doing them a favor by letting them keep money that was rightfully supposed to be there’s anyway? What was the alternative, keeping the money, the home game and still making it count against Pisgah’s rotation? You seem to think you’re doing them a favor by giving them what’s there’s anyway. Your logic is flawed from the start. The only 100% fair solution is letting a game played at your stadium be considered a home game for you and vice versa. Instead, Pisgah now plays 3 road games consecutively.
YES RIGHTFULLY supposed to be Tuscola's game NEXT YEAR which is what Pisgah wanted changed to THEIR home game. Which is a fact.

This years game was supposed to be Pisgah’s at Pisgah but it’s at your place instead.

Not "my place" .... TUSCOLA'S place. And that was PISGAH's choice given their circumstances to play at Tuscola's place. PHS could have (and probably SHOULD HAVE) chosen another venue a year ago for this game, but did not. Again, not Tuscola's fault. This is something we should all remember. I would say that Tuscola IS doing PHS a consideration by allowing ALL the revenue to go to Pisgah THIS year, even though it is at THS, and DAMN sure giving another consideration of half the gate at NEXT years game that YES, rightfully, should be played at Tuscola. This is not rocket science. Tuscola, lest we forget, does not owe PHS anything here. Its business its not personal.

I'm just honestly happy the kids will get to play in front of a full crowd, especially the seniors on both sides, who had the covid crowds and the messed up spring season and in Pisgahs case, loss of a stadium, those guys have already been through the ringer.

It's unfortunate what happened to Pisgah last year, it sucks to have to play 3 in a row at your rivals house. It's also unfair to ask a group of juniors and seniors at Tuscola to forgo playing a home game in the rivalry. There is no making it "even" in situations like this.
I understand there is plenty of hold ups when dealing with FEMA and I imagine the football field was (rightfully so) not at the top of their list, but why wouldn't the NCHSAA cut loose of some of the 40+mil in funds they have to help PHS rebuild? Why not loan out some money and allow PHS to reimburse after they get the FEMA funds? I'm sure they would love get more of that memorial stadium playoff revenue

It's unfortunate what happened to Pisgah last year, it sucks to have to play 3 in a row at your rivals house. It's also unfair to ask a group of juniors and seniors at Tuscola to forgo playing a home game in the rivalry. There is no making it "even" in situations like this.
I understand there is plenty of hold ups when dealing with FEMA and I imagine the football field was (rightfully so) not at the top of their list, but why wouldn't the NCHSAA cut loose of some of the 40+mil in funds they have to help PHS rebuild? Why not loan out some money and allow PHS to reimburse after they get the FEMA funds? I'm sure they would love get more of that memorial stadium playoff revenue
I get your point but there is an entire group of juniors and seniors at PHS who will have never played a home game period, let alone just this rivalry. Pisgah's proposal would make things equal when looking at the entirety of the event, not just Tuscola's 2 year window. It's an ugly situation and there is no clean way to go about it without ticking somebody off but I think we're skewing our perception of who's sacrificing what by believing THS is sacrificing something that PHS would have gotten anyway had Fred not demolished their house. It was always supposed to be Pisgah's money, yet Tuscola is now still benefitting from it by getting to play at home and we're acting like they're doing Pisgah a favor. It's not asking THS to make sacrifices, they're already benefitting, PHS was just asking to make it fair.

why wouldn't the NCHSAA cut loose of some of the 40+mil in funds they have to help PHS rebuild?
Great question! Especially since the way that I understand that 40 million got there in the first place was on the backs and efforts of the participating schools like Pisgah and many more. You would think there would be funds in place to help members when needed as best they can. Instead it "appears" to be another broken down social program for greedy hands.
yet Tuscola is now still benefitting from it by getting to play at home and we're acting like they're doing Pisgah a favor.
They need all the benefit they can get however they can get it and they aint ashamed of that.

So my question is will Pisgah put Tuscola on the visitors sideline and which side will fans sit on…?

Neutral party here. New to NC, Philly transplant, NCpreps lurker. I've read thru the thread and it appears to me that the obvious solution is what's happening. The game gets moved to Tuscola with Pigsah getting the gate and next year back to the home-and-home schedule. If Pigsah isn't ready two years from now, same deal. If I were tuscola, I wouldn't give Pigsah back to back home games either. It may be fair and "reasonable" to do so, but Pigsah's stadium isn't Tuscola's fault or problem. If a game traditionally draws 10k, you can't have it at a place that holds 2. have they held any other games there? ones that draw less? if not, why this one? bc tuscola wasnt going along with their solution, I assume. Tuscola could do what Pigsah fans would consider the "fair and reasonable" thing, and give them the back to back home games but that's their call, and they made it, and if I were the HFC or AD I would have made the same one. Giving P 100% of the gate is a pretty fair gesture IMO.

Last edited:
Neutral party here. New to NC, Philly transplant, NCpreps lurker. I've read thru the thread and it appears to me that the obvious solution is what's happening. The game gets moved to Tuscola with Pigsah getting the gate and next year back to the home-and-home schedule. If Pigsah isn't ready two years from now, same deal. If I were tuscola, I wouldn't give Pigsah back to back home games either. It may be fair and "reasonable" to do so, but Pigsah's stadium isn't Tuscola's fault or problem.
It's your opinion but.......

Not giving Pisgah back to back home games while forcing them to play 3 in a row in Waynesville? Who cares about the gate $ it was always Pisgah's right to the gate money, this is still a road game for them.

Saying Pisgah's stadium is not Tuscola's problem but somehow Tuscola having a say when Pisgah chooses an alternate stadium in their community to play THEIR home game? Sure it's not realistic but why is that now Pisgah's problem if Pisgah's stadium isn't Tuscola's problem?

Double standards everywhere on this topic but it doesn't matter, the game rolls on in Waynesville.

This topic has worn itself out. Yall be good, enjoy the games tomorrow.

It's your opinion but.......

Not giving Pisgah back to back home games while forcing them to play 3 in a row in Waynesville? Who cares about the gate $ it was always Pisgah's right to the gate money, this is still a road game for them.

Saying Pisgah's stadium is not Tuscola's problem but somehow Tuscola having a say when Pisgah chooses an alternate stadium in their community to play THEIR home game? Sure it's not realistic but why is that now Pisgah's problem if Pisgah's stadium isn't Tuscola's problem?

Double standards everywhere on this topic but it doesn't matter, the game rolls on in Waynesville.

This topic has worn itself out. Yall be good, enjoy the games tomorrow.
Firstly, I didn't think the home team took home 100% of the gate and concessions. But that doesn't change my opinion. No one is forcing Pigsah to do anything. I thought my response confirmed Pigsah's points. You have them. But I also think that Tuscola is within their rights to not agree to Pigsah's solution. And if this game regularly draws 10-12k, I think that Pigsah had zero intention of playing this game at a middle school. They bluffed, Tuscola called.

We can already determine who is in a better position by knowing that the game will be played at Weatherby Stadium in Tuscola due to safety concerns. The intensity of this rivalry makes it simple to easily draw over 10,000 fans. Due to flooding, the Bears haven't played on their home field in years. If you are unaware of this, you might not wish to miss the County Clash game on its 100th anniversary.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Yea. You go with that bud
I am. Somebody told not long ago that nobody gave S?&@ about us using that place for a home game till moving it came up. Everybody suddenly did then. Hummm I was hoping for Erwin then nobody would have give a S/($ again right?

Last edited:
Tuscolas like Burger King. Gotta have it your way
Well, if your principal had gotten out of anger management class in time maybe he would have made this proposal before 9/29. That's on him for waiting so late to do so. Don't try to make your problem our problem. Go ahead and build back by the river so this will occur again. If you care about your kids so much, why would you build back there? All this was about is you don't want to play with a T in the middle of the field, so you come up with the idiotic idea to play at Bethel. Hey, why don't you look for some property in Waynesville to build you stadium? That way all the parents of the Waynesville kids on your team will have a shorter drive to the home games. 😊

Reactions: 91ths
Pardon my ignorance around the issue but what is the big with kids going to school out of district?
If it's for personal/family reasons then it shouldn't be an issue
If it's truly for football then do you want to force a CHILD to play at a school they don't want to be at?
Are we talking either a number of or quality of players that change the outcome of the season for both schools?

Reactions: Guesswhoiam
" If you care about your kids so much, why would you build back there?" No place else to build it that meets the requirements that such a facility needs that is readily available.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT