ADVERTISEMENT

Best Steakhouses

Halls Chophouse Greenville SC. Hands down. You will pay $$$$ for this but we’ll worth it once or twice a year. Ribeye bone in or not. Black truffle butter is a must. Dry aged for 56 days! Lobster Mac and cheese and shrimp and grits for sides. It will ruin you for the rest of your life for other steaks. Nothing else comes close. Ruth’s Chris taste like food lion steak compared to Halls!

Halls Chophouse Greenville SC. Hands down. You will pay $$$$ for this but we’ll worth it once or twice a year. Ribeye bone in or not. Black truffle butter is a must. Dry aged for 56 days! Lobster Mac and cheese and shrimp and grits for sides. It will ruin you for the rest of your life for other steaks. Nothing else comes close. Ruth’s Chris taste like food lion steak compared to Halls!
Is that the chophouse right on I-85 where Logan’s and California Dreaming is? Not sure if California Dreaming is even still there. Seems there was a Joe’s Crabshack there too.

Had a steak and Ale in Winston-Salem also. There was a murder of, I think 2 employees after closing hours. And it never recovered.

Great one in High Point too. And Burlington. High Point version was my favorite back when a good meal would impress a date.

Visited a buddy In Clinton 2 years ago. We went to Ted’s Charcoal steakhouse. Bro, it was on point. Now I had the cheeseburger steak, but the flavor was best I ever had. Cooked over charcoal grills. I can only imagine their actual steaks.

Last edited:
Bob's is elite! When in Nashville I like Jeff Ruby's.

Beef n Bottle is old school. Like going back in time. Great service and food. Still a lot of the old timers go and some have standing reservations on the same night and time every week. Kind of like Wednesday night church.

When I venture over to meet people in Charlotte these are my favorite steak places: Steak 48, Capital Grille, Dean's, BLT, Eddie V's, Dressler's, Beef n Bottle. Some folks like Del Frisco's, Ruth Chris at South Park (not the one in Uptown), The Palm, Morton's. I was a Sullivan's (in South End) fan but they still use the pandemic as a reason certain items are not on the menu and service not up to the old days.

The person waiting on you and their teammates can make a good meal real good. Bad service is a killer. Steak 48 for me is top shelf on service.
Sullivan's had just made a complete management overhaul in the fall, then there was a fire in January and they still have not opened back up. Hope things work out they were showing improvement. Interesting, their new GM and AGM came over from the Palm.

Sullivan's had just made a complete management overhaul in the fall, then there was a fire in January and they still have not opened back up. Hope things work out they were showing improvement. Interesting, their new GM and AGM came over from the Palm.
It had went to sh!t comparatively over the last year or so. I used to eat there at least once a week then the pandemic came.

BLT GM was at Steak 48 and opened it.

Speaking of steaks, I purchased my first Omaha steaks this week, did I make a mistake or was it a good purchase?
I’ve never been disappointed.

Have a friend who sends me an “Omaha Steaks”variety pack for Christmas for the last several years. We’ve enjoyed the steaks, the hamburgers, we just had the ham over Easter…very very good….desserts are good too.

But I must admit…the first thing I’m getting out of that package is the hot dogs… they’re money!😂

Carolina Cafe off hwy 11 in gaffney is good. Best I've ever had though is the Grove park
Grove Park Inn!!…restaurant called …”Vue 1913”…hoping Shelby Lion googles their menu…he’ll faint!😂…I did as well.

The bartender there told us…there’s only 2 places in the U.S. that gets that quality of Wagyu beef….Grove Park and the White House😂…don’t know if it’s true…but it was out of this world good!

How it’s not ranked top 20 in the U.S. is beyond me!

I’ve ate at “Morton’s” in Chicago and “St. Elmo” in Indianapolis…both ranked…deservingly too….but “Vue 1913” is right there with them in my opinion.

Halls Chophouse in Greenville huh?….I’ve got to check that one out

Good stuff! Y’all.

Chris, is Stag and Doe still open in K-town?
Stag n Doe in China Grove had shut down for 2 years due to the pandemic. Anyway they reopened last year. They started out with take out only and eventually reopened to go inside. It’s been probably 20 years since I ate there. They have good food. I’m not sure about what steaks they have but looking at the menu online it looks some good seafood. Mahi Mahi and also flounder. Flounder is what I always get at a seafood place. Which that would make another good topic. Favorite seafood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Now since it’s been a long time since I’ve ate at Stag n Doe. I’m going to have to make my way back to the restaurant.

I never knew where K-town ended and China Grove began. We used to eat BBQ at Gary’s when we lived in Cabarrus County buts it’s been years since I’ve even been up in that area.
I was up at Gary’s BBQ yesterday. They haven’t changed and the food is still good.

Longhorn is great bang for buck. Texas Roadhouse has great filet and the rolls are UNREAL.

If you want to impress someone go to Steak 48 in Charlotte by South Park. Probably need to book a few weeks out during prime time.

Hall's in Charleston is elite.
Steak48 is the best restaurant in Charlotte. Not even close. Bar is fun to sit at

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT