ADVERTISEMENT

Best programs in 1AA in last 20 years...

I never heard of a Murphy or Swain until 2009...and Swain has 1 by my count. We’re gonna have to add Taboro on that list soon

Reactions: Buddy Rich
I never heard of a Murphy or Swain until 2009...
That's because you are an insulated moron. Murphy had two 2A titles and four 1A titles before there ever was a 1A/1AA "split" and Swain had one 2A title and four 1A titles before the split.

Reactions: atucker2
Last edited:
That's because you are an insulated moron. Murphy had two 2A titles and four 1A titles before there ever was a 1A/1AA "split" and Swain had one 2A title and four 1A titles before the split.

I don’t know what array of teams you competed against...but we’re talking the last 20 as Buddy stated...don’t get all ADHD on me.

I don’t know what array of teams you competed against...
Teams with players like Sam Gash and Heath Shuler, NFL'ers, Murphy doesn't have to qualify their titles. Murphy may not have had many teams good enough to win 1AA since the split, but they have had them (2010) and they will have them again. Murphy's freshman class is loaded, 'Dogs will be just fine.

Reactions: Realfreedom
Yep. Too bad none of those teams will be relevant in 1a or 1aa football ever again.

If this alignment would have remained with four equal number of teams in each class , and not the 20/30/30/20 split, would WRH have remained in 1A??

Wow Murphy. Get over it. Those 3 teams are definitely the top 3. Stop thinking that everyone has to include yall in every sentence and in every BEST conversation.

Reactions: sway1532
Teams with players like Sam Gash and Heath Shuler, NFL'ers, Murphy doesn't have to qualify their titles. Murphy may not have had many teams good enough to win 1AA since the split, but they have had them (2010) and they will have them again. Murphy's freshman class is loaded, 'Dogs will be just fine.

Y’all lost to WRH in 2010 TF...

Lol maybe not, but you have been fully enlightened since then! Three to one (Murphy over Albemarle) by my count.

I’m not denying that Murphy beat us 3x in a row...it is what it is. But I know Albemarle and T-Ville has at least 5 1AA state titles in the last 20 years to Murphy 0.....ZERO

And how can you say 2005 T-Ville team could beat 2001-2002 Albemarle team....just because they went undefeated. Are you kidding me, Albemarle won 45 games or something to that nature in a row without a loss my mans...and T-Ville comes in second. Go do some fact checking. That’s what you call a dynasty...

Thank God for Taboro

Yep. Too bad none of those teams will be relevant in 1a or 1aa football ever again.
I don’t know if we’ll ever be relevant again. Lot depends on the new coach. There’s some talent coming up. But I’d bet Thomasville will be 1AA again.

Wow Murphy. Get over it. Those 3 teams are definitely the top 3. Stop thinking that everyone has to include yall in every sentence and in every BEST conversation.
Dude. Nobody from Murphy would have said anything pertaining to Murphy on this post had Sway not come in with his usual jabs at Murphy. So get it straight.

Just sayin. Yall mtn boys get butt hurt!! Get over ya selfs. As long as there is small 1a..then you will win titles..As far as big 1aa..I just don't see it. Get mad if you want..the proof is in the pudding..Heck what can i say? EW isn't winning one in either class as well. Sorry Cards..that epic fail and the end, two seasons in a row..did it for me. 2015 was a once in a lifetime team for the Cards. Def not an every year trend.

If you don’t think Albemarle will ever be relevant again you are clueless.

If you don’t think Albemarle will ever be relevant again you are clueless.

Let's hope not but there are issues on the horion for Albemarle.

It is not the athletes although the lack of them is not helpful. 409 students for the ADM. They have a small senior class this year with 85 students but the sophomore and junior classes are both right at 120. That will drop some as they advance in school. The issue that is hitting them hard is the freshman class is the smallest in school history by a large margin, only 91 students and there only 111 in the eigth grade at Albemarle Middle, also the lowest ever there. Considering there were more than 111 at AMS last year at this time that would lead us to the conclusion that there may be 91 or less in the next freshman class.

When the school board will rubber stamp 35 transfers to leave Albemarle after they were turned down by the school system for lack of a valid reason there is a big problem. System admin approved one. Stanly County Schools currently have major issues from funding and budget, BOE v System, BOE v County Commissioners, fierce division among the county districts, not to mention a stagnant economy.

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Let's hope not but there are issues on the horion for Albemarle.

It is not the athletes although the lack of them is not helpful. 409 students for the ADM. They have a small senior class this year with 85 students but the sophomore and junior classes are both right at 120. That will drop some as they advance in school. The issue that is hitting them hard is the freshman class is the smallest in school history by a large margin, only 91 students and there only 111 in the eigth grade at Albemarle Middle, also the lowest ever there. Considering there were more than 111 at AMS last year at this time that would lead us to the conclusion that there may be 91 or less in the next freshman class.

When the school board will rubber stamp 35 transfers to leave Albemarle after they were turned down by the school system for lack of a valid reason there is a big problem. System admin approved one. Stanly County Schools currently have major issues from funding and budget, BOE v System, BOE v County Commissioners, fierce division among the county districts, not to mention a stagnant economy.

And that's exactly why I got out of there...but I'm gon ride with Albemarle until the creator calls me home lol

As far as big 1aa..I just don't see it. Get mad if you want..the proof is in the pudding...
And the same thing was said about Swain... before they won the 1AA title in 2011. Murphy will eventually have their day in the sun in 1AA.

I dont see robbinsville fans sayin "got 17" every season. Keep daydreaming of the past albemarle is done on top

Albemarle can’t even win a county game much less the Stanly Cup, but let’s remember how good we were. Their no Pride in Albemarle anymore.

Reactions: Kevin2346
I never heard of a Murphy or Swain until 2009...and Swain has 1 by my count. We’re gonna have to add Taboro on that list soon
That’s funny I had never heard of albemarle or thomasville until 97. Rosman kicked both your butts that year. Lol

That’s funny I had never heard of albemarle or thomasville until 97. Rosman kicked both your butts that year. Lol
What’s funny is that, before 1997 Thomasville had won one WNCHSAA championship and three NCHSAA championships. The 1995 team was the first team in North Carolina history to go 16-0. Guess they don’t have newspapers back in those hills.

Just wandering does anyone know to date how many teams have went 16-0 ? Thomasville 1995 ,Mount Airy 2008 plus who else ?

Starting a thread to make your team seem relevant. How Pathetic. Yall will be spewing that "Got 5" stuff 30 years from now.

Show some class. Buddy Rich has never done the "got 5" stuff. That would be sway. Albemarle's program has a lot of class...I understand why you would be burning with jealousy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT