ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball coverage about to Pick up

Xman8balla

Oct 5, 2006
Charlotte NC
Be on the look out for a lot of Hoop content there are a lot of talent teams this year spread across the state i feel that Greensboro area may be just as strong as Charlotte and other parts of the state this year. Got my eyes on SW Guilford NW Guilford and Greensboro Smith.

Smith is pretty good. They will better than they were this summer they got pounded by Southwest Guilford by 30 this summer.
I think Greensboro Smith and Southwest Guildford are the top 2 public school teams in Guilford county. Between the 2 teams there are 7 kids with D1 offers or have committed with possibly a couple more D1 players that has not received an offer yet. A lot of basketball talent in that area including the D1 players at Greensboro Day School.

I think Greensboro Smith and Southwest Guildford are the top 2 public school teams in Guilford county. Between the 2 teams there are 7 kids with D1 offers or have committed with possibly a couple more D1 players that has not received an offer yet. A lot of basketball talent in that area including the D1 players at Greensboro Day School.
Along with Northwest Guilford

I had a chance to watch Greensboro Smith, Southwest Guilford, Greensboro Day,Dudley and Northwest Guilford and Forest Trails traveling from Winston Salem to Greensboro. Greensboro has a lot of talent!!!!

Dudley was not the Dudley team I have seen in years past. There was one kid that stood out. Shot the 3 ball pretty good. Outside of him there were nothing else. There were some talk around the gym that they were missing a couple of kids due to football. For the rich tradition of that program I hope so!!

Greensboro Smith has a lot of size for a public school. Big wings and post players with a shot blocker in the middle. Someone told me that #23 for Smith is a freshmen. If that's the case they have a special player in their program that will soon get national attention if not already receiving it.

Southwest Guilford backcourt is amazing! The Langley brothers are good as advertised. It's gonna be hard to find a trio in the backcourt that's better than the Langley boys. Was impressed how well the team shares the ball.

Forest Trails just came up out of nowhere!!! I watched them play against Dudley and it wasn't even close. There is a ton of talent on that team. Would love to see them play against the likes of a Greensboro Day and High Point Wesylan.

Northwest Guilford from what I saw will be really good once the football guys are available. They get up and down the floor pretty quickly and have solid post play.

Greensboro Day School is head and shoulders above everyone that was in the gym with them on Saturday. They have a solid 5 players with a couple of roll guys. They are an athletic group of kids. Curious to see the matchup against High Point Wesylan. Definitely will be in attendance the two times those two teams face each other.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Good teams and great talent everywhere. Basketball is going to be fun this year. Lincoln County/Catawba County basketball will be fun to watch this year. Lincoln Charter and Lincolnton are both loaded with exceptional guard play. Lincoln Charter is deep and fun to watch. I think Maiden will be a lot better this year as well. Newton-Conover will be better and EL should be solid. Should be fun to watch this year. Good luck to all.

Guys i agree its about to be a exciting year there are still some very strong teams from Charlotte such as Northmeck, Independence, Charlotte Catholic, Charlotte Christian, Providence Day, Butler etc

Guys i agree its about to be a exciting year there are still some very strong teams from Charlotte such as Northmeck, Independence, Charlotte Catholic, Charlotte Christian, Providence Day, Butler etc

I think Butler will be a team to watch this year. A lot returning from a great team last year.

The team in the Triad that intruiges me the most is Piedmont Classical. I don't know what classification they play in but their line-up looks pretty formidable on paper.

Olympic will be better than people think and i think Millbrook and Cary and Kinston will make noise. Terry Sanford still has the Johnson Brothers.

Olympic will be better than people think and i think Millbrook and Cary and Kinston will make noise. Terry Sanford still has the Johnson Brothers.
Kinston will be hands down the best team in 2A with Damian Dunn and Rico Williams. They are studs!! Millbrook lost a lot last year will be interesting to see how they look this year but they are always pretty strong. Think they will still have solid guard play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT