ADVERTISEMENT

Bandys girls just hire a huge name

Barbara Helms the mother of Brandon' Helms the boys coach. She was Hickorys girls coach for years. I'm just wondering if there has ever been a mother and son coaching at the same school in North Carolina ever?
Wow, that is a great hire. Had she retired from Hickory?

As an old basketball official, I can still see her stomping that foot on the floor with heels on and giving me the evil eye on calls that didn’t go her way.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Wow, that is a great hire. Had she retired from Hickory?

As an old basketball official, I can still see her stomping that foot on the floor with heels on and giving me the evil eye on calls that didn’t go her way.
I'm not sure Bandys really thought this through. There are a lot of teams that Helms used to run the score up in her days that will be chomping at the bits to return the favor. Bandys girls don't have a ton of talent and I can see some coaches and teams running the score up to get back at her. Plus, why wouldn't you hire a young coach that can grow and be there with the team for awhile? Maybe there was no other choice so she is doing them a favor, IDK; however, I can see a lot of teams and coaches really coming at Bandys and has nothing to do with Bandys. I personally don't think this is a good hire and I can see a divide in community supporting this move. Ask Beth Queen what she thinks? lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT