ADVERTISEMENT

AP All State

Jayden Borders and Dax Hollifield have made the AP All state team 2 years in a row. Pretty amazing....Dax has a shot at 3 years in a row next year. Has anyone ever made the AP All State team 3 times in a row or as a Sophmore?

Also, Jayden deserved the offensive POY over Sage. Stand them beside each other and have them hold their hand up...who has more hardware? Who worked harder? Who was more successful? Easy decision...

First of all congratulations to the 2 players you mentioned in 1st paragraph for their accomplishments the last 2 years. Well done.

Secondly, as in many of your posts across a plethora of topics, in 2nd paragraph what the heck are you talking about? Clicked on link for AP All state team and both players made it. The article also says they will announce POY on Friday. You make it sound like they already have?

Not sure if hardware is a measure of each individual's work or more a product of the players/coaches surrounding them.

Again bored and still iced in. :)

Won't anyone come out and play?

Secondly, as in many of your posts across a plethora of topics, in 2nd paragraph what the heck are you talking about? Clicked on link for AP All state team and both players made it. The article also says they will announce POY on Friday. You make it sound like they already have?

Well, I went to elementary school. Jan. 5th, the day the article was written, was a Thursday. Which means Jan. 6th was a Friday and Jan. 7th was a Saturday and they were going to announce the POY on Saturday (as the article states that I read) . Today is Jan 10th. A Saturday has already come and gone since the article was written.

So what do we do next? Let's google high school football player of the year NC 2016.

Interesting...an article written on Jan. 7th by the Charlotte Observer. Ahh...it discusses the POY.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article125156569.html

Um....they already have.

Jayden Borders and Dax Hollifield have made the AP All state team 2 years in a row. Pretty amazing....Dax has a shot at 3 years in a row next year. Has anyone ever made the AP All State team 3 times in a row or as a Sophmore?

Also, Jayden deserved the offensive POY over Sage. Stand them beside each other and have them hold their hand up...who has more hardware? Who worked harder? Who was more successful? Easy decision...

How many State Records did Borders break this year or for his career?

Well, I went to elementary school. Jan. 5th, the day the article was written, was a Thursday. Which means Jan. 6th was a Friday and Jan. 7th was a Saturday and they were going to announce the POY on Saturday (as the article states that I read) . Today is Jan 10th. A Saturday has already come and gone since the article was written.

So what do we do next? Let's google high school football player of the year NC 2016.

Interesting...an article written on Jan. 7th by the Charlotte Observer. Ahh...it discusses the POY.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article125156569.html

Um....they already have.
First of all I have to sincerely apologize for not noticing the date of the byline on N&O article. Sincerely my bad.

Secondly simply attending elementary school is not something most people brag about. But to each his own. Hope you can get back there as soon as buses are able to travel again this week.

Thirdly the POY article posts these stats:
This season, Surratt caught a state-record 129 passes for a state-record 2,104 yards and added 28 touchdowns.
Maxpreps has these for Mr Borders:81 passes caught, 1726 yards, and 22 TDs.

Both stat lines are VERY impressive. Both young men are deserving of all state recognition.

However if you simply step back and look at stats (not hardware) I think the choice was obvious.

Oh and thank you for coming out to play. :)

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/high-school/article125156569.html#storylink=cpy

Think Surratt got a lot of play on D, also?

I would have been hard pressed not to vote for Hendon Hooker as QB and Player of the Year.

Hooker won NCPreps POY this year. Zamir White won Gatorade POY. Lots of great talent in NC!

Five NC kids in starting 22 for Clemson last night. Four 4 Stars and one 5 Star. Punter from NC as was the player (Muse) that got a hand on the punt.

Reactions: Chopper747
Five NC kids in starting 22 for Clemson last night. Four 4 Stars and one 5 Star. Punter from NC as was the player (Muse) that got a hand on the punt.

Muse was great at South Point....his brother finally got them a state championship this year.....of course after being shut out by Shelby earlier in the season....lol!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT