ADVERTISEMENT

Any upset predictions for first round games?

Come on now Rasheem Feaster wannabe. You can do more than your stupid memes. Although if you keep pissing Deanna off you won't be doing nothing
Jim Carrey Reaction GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Goatman6
MA okays who was on the schedule and had running clock at half in every game but on wich was running clock in 3rd.
I agree, they do have a running clock every game, but when you play a team that can compete, like Starmount, you go into the half only up 12. Stop counting the running clocks in the first half ESPECIALLY on teams who have a below .500 record, that's nothing to brag about.

That's something that they haven't even considered with the rpi it doesn't matter if the team is 1a or 4a record and numbers are all that matter u can't judge a team like that anyways polk never played a single 1a school all year does that mean they are better than other teams that did no not hardly you have what you have it all works it's way out in the playoffs anyways
Yeah I would never base it off maxpreps, because West Columbus out of the east should easily be a top 5 team in all of 1A. I just asked a general question, had nothing to do with the way anyone was seeded in the playoffs.

MA plays 4 2A teams and 1 3A team. North Surry won there 2A conference. There combined records were 23-17 take S Central out of that and was 20-10
Does Mt Airy play a 1a/2a split conference? Because they have 6 conference opponents. So maybe 3 2A schools and 1 3A school?

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I agree, they do have a running clock every game, but when you play a team that can compete, like Starmount, you go into the half only up 12. Stop counting the running clocks in the first half ESPECIALLY on teams who have a below .500 record, that's nothing to brag about.

Starmount is a very competitive good team for sure and in the end it was 47-15. North Surry won there conference and MA score was 58-0. I would say NS was competitive team. Ashe was 5-o when we played score was 49-7. Just what you trying to say?
5 Teams with a winning record MA had running clock.

MA had week schedule last year and 21-7!
20-7, I'll correct you it's fine. Also, Mt Airys offense drove down the field and scored ONE time on Tarboro, the other 2 scores were from inside the 20 yard line off blocked punts so lets not go there bud. Mt Airy was/is a great football team and I'm not going to argue that, but they did not dominate Tarboros defense like I saw folks say they did. I see you're still riding high off of last years championship, I love the energy.

20-7, I'll correct you it's fine. Also, Mt Airys offense drove down the field and scored ONE time on Tarboro, the other 2 scores were from inside the 20 yard line off blocked punts so let’s not go there bud. Mt Airy was/is a great football team and I'm not going to argue that, but they did not dominate Tarboros defense like I saw folks say they did. I see you're still riding high off of last years championship, I love the energy.
What are you talking about riding high off last year’s championship that has nothing to do with how good we are this year. And for your information that high powered running game of Tarboro only scored 7 points on our defense with our best defender going out in first quarter with a broke foot. You say if we know football, well if you know or check into us at all you would see how and why we are better this year. So you keep worrying about our weak schedule and we will worry about whoever ends up in front of us each week.

What are you talking about riding high off last year’s championship that has nothing to do with how good we are this year. And for your information that high powered running game of Tarboro only scored 7 points on our defense with our best defender going out in first quarter with a broke foot. You say if we know football, well if you know or check into us at all you would see how and why we are better this year. So you keep worrying about our weak schedule and we will worry about whoever ends up in front of us each week.
You must not read, I said Mt Airy was/IS a good football team. Buzz said something about the championship last year so seems to me he's still riding high off of that win. They may be better than last year, that's great. You don't want to discuss missing players, starting linebacker/fullback missed the championship game with a torn ACL and 2 starting offensive lineman didn't play in the championship, so save that part for someone else. You guys out west get so sensitive man, I enjoy it.

You must not read, I said Mt Airy was/IS a good football team. Buzz said something about the championship last year so seems to me he's still riding high off of that win. They may be better than last year, that's great. You don't want to discuss missing players, starting linebacker/fullback missed the championship game with a torn ACL and 2 starting offensive lineman didn't play in the championship, so save that part for someone else. You guys out west get so sensitive man, I enjoy it.
Dang sorry you all were so short handed I guess we better feel lucky. I am scared for this year with all that back. Lol. Funny how none of the true tarboro fans on here never posted on that or the coach didn’t mention it when ask pregame. All that is in the past see you December 9th and hope both full strength. Good luck

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Dang sorry you all were so short handed I guess we better feel lucky. I am scared for this year with all that back. Lol. Funny how none of the true tarboro fans on here never posted on that or the coach didn’t mention it when ask pregame. All that is in the past see you December 9th and hope both full strength. Good luck
Because Tarboro don’t need excuses.

Don’t pay attention to some of these MA guys. Whether you give credit or not, they just keep yapping. If we’d just hand them the trophy already, they might hush.
Of course we got to hear from wickedsticks who didn’t have a dog in this fight and won’t this year. You and BK can watch the game together

• Haha
Reactions: Jmappfan5
Any true Tarboro fan on here can confirm that they did not play bud. When it comes to fans, I'm about as true as it gets, others can vouch for that as well. Worry about coming out of the west before you start talking about December.

20-7, I'll correct you it's fine. Also, Mt Airys offense drove down the field and scored ONE time on Tarboro, the other 2 scores were from inside the 20 yard line off blocked punts so lets not go there bud. Mt Airy was/is a great football team and I'm not going to argue that, but they did not dominate Tarboros defense like I saw folks say they did. I see you're still riding high off of last years championship, I love the energy.
And Tarboro only sniffed the EZ off a int on MA 20

Any true Tarboro fan on here can confirm that they did not play bud. When it comes to fans, I'm about as true as it gets, others can vouch for that as well. Worry about coming out of the west before you start talking about December.
You’re right we don’t have that cakewalk like the East. A true tarboro fan is Tarborovikingsfan2018, very respected poster

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Was a D1 commit like the one MA played without? We also had 2 starting linemen out so what's your point?

Main thing is it's BS that you found it necessary to bring up who has the weakest schedule in West BS. You know what you were trying to say. How about let's talk about Tarboros cake walk to the Championship and the West has to earn there trip!!!!!

• Haha
I think I remember it being mentioned about Tarboro missing some players.

Dandy was injured in championship game as well for Mount Airy.

You have to play who the NCHSAA puts in your conference and try to play some decent teams in non-conference but you have some rivals that you have to play.

Starmount non-conference

Trinity - still don’t know why we’re playing them. I would like to play a West Stokes or maybe an SMC or WHC team

North Iredell is a neighboring school that we played a lot in the 70s and 80s, so that game is ok.

Forbush - rivalry game and have to play it

North Wilkes - (0-10) didn’t help us at all playing them. Hurt us in RPI.

A lot of Starmount faithful were upset that East Surry was taken off our schedule. I know they had our number for the last 5 or so years, but we still need and want ES on the schedule. It’s a good gate and has had some really good games.

Sorry to interrupt this fine discourse but I want to express my utmost pleasure and gratitude towards the Hayesville posters for being out and about in force this year. I know y'all have been around for a while but it's nice to see y'all more regularly than in years past. Preps is a much better place when y'all show up, same as it is for the SMC as a whole.

Thank you. I have been here a long time. I too am glad to see the return of other Hayesville guys. I like our SMC family. We fight and claw with each other, but let anyone else attack and they face us all .

Thank you as well. I’m kinda new here and have been blessed to watch this coaching staff put this program on the right path.

Those 3 conference defeats this season all came down to the final drives. So pleased with how hard our boys fought.

Proud to find out that this is the first time in 17 years that Hayesville has had back to back winning seasons.

It’s been a long time since their last SMC title but I’m feeling that may change sooner than later.

I can appreciate the all for one and one for all mentality when it comes to pulling for the other teams in the conference BUT to be honest, I don’t get upset when Murphy loses! LoL

Best of luck to the SMC during the playoffs!

Main thing is it's BS that you found it necessary to bring up who has the weakest schedule in West BS. You know what you were trying to say. How about let's talk about Tarboros cake walk to the Championship and the West has to earn there trip!!!!!
I’d bet you anything I have that West Columbus #2 seed in the east would beat 4 out of the top 6 teams in the west. Tarboro does not have a cakewalk.

I think I remember it being mentioned about Tarboro missing some players.

Dandy was injured in championship game as well for Mount Airy.

You have to play who the NCHSAA puts in your conference and try to play some decent teams in non-conference but you have some rivals that you have to play.

Starmount non-conference

Trinity - still don’t know why we’re playing them. I would like to play a West Stokes or maybe an SMC or WHC team

North Iredell is a neighboring school that we played a lot in the 70s and 80s, so that game is ok.

Forbush - rivalry game and have to play it

North Wilkes - (0-10) didn’t help us at all playing them. Hurt us in RPI.

A lot of Starmount faithful were upset that East Surry was taken off our schedule. I know they had our number for the last 5 or so years, but we still need and want ES on the schedule. It’s a good gate and has had some really good games.
Exactly. 2 All Conference players even. I have no reason to lie about players not playing in that game.

I’d bet you anything I have that West Columbus #2 seed in the east would beat 4 out of the top 6 teams in the west. Tarboro does not have a cakewalk.
So one team to beat MA will have 2-3 hard games
Exactly. 2 All Conference players even. I have no reason to lie about players not playing in that game.
MA had 2 all conference linemen out as well. #75 and #74 then #32 got hurt 1st D series

Tarboro was missing some key players but that’s not an excuse. I know MA was missing a couple key players as well.

MA dominated that game on special teams and the defensive line. That was the difference in the game. Mount Airy was the better team that day and probably the better team this year as well.

Teams will basically have to play mistake free football to beat them.

Yes Tville was 7-3 and lost to 3 very good teams by 17 points. That is my point. They beat the heck out of the teams they should and did. Just saying that the schedule they ran is much tougher than that of some of the 9-1 teams. Tville would be 9-1 with the same schedule IMO. I never said the Dogs were congenders. I think they are very good and will be a 3rd round team in a game against ER to see who plays MA. As for MA, it is yours to lose but anything can happen on any night. A key injury, a penalty, a fumble, turnovers etc can destroy a 10-0 season real quick. No one is invicible and has yet to earn the trophy. If MA does not win it all, then the story line is another team that shoulda, coulda. woulda. No pressure to anyone but MA right now. Best wishes folks and let the playoffs begin.

It was 19-7 at halftime, that is still a decent football game. I said they did not dominate them in the first half like they were used to doing to other teams. I know what game I watched and if you know football, you'll know that someone holding that Mt Airy team to 19 points in the first half THIS YEAR is giving them a fit.
I kind of don't agree with you on that. Now if it had been the work of good plays then I would. The only good play was the touchdown pass to Purdue. But that was a busted coverage of looked like from the reaction of the corner and safety. When you get touchdowns called back for holding, that really aren't holding two of them to be exact then I don't really consider it to be giving them fits. If I'm not mistaken what they did well was keep the ball from Mount Airy. Mount Airy scored every time they had the ball except for one possession we're a long touchdown was called back for a hold and then another one. But they are the best team that the bears have played so far. That I've seen

Reactions: Bearmod1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT