ADVERTISEMENT

Any upset predictions for first round games?

Not all Thomasville posters take that first round game for granted. Most of us are more realistic. Any SMC teams will bring it.
And being realistic, we simply got beat by Randleman, had a shot against Salisbury but aren’t as good as they are. I believe we’re better than North Rowan and turned the ball over, either on downs or conventional turnovers seven times inside their thirty.
But regardless, our record is who we are and we have no right to be cocky. We have let up against East Davidson and Lexington. We’ve been injury prone and plagued by turnovers.
I’m hopeful that our kids come in humble and hungry. The fans can do whatever they want.

Not all Thomasville posters take that first round game for granted. Most of us are more realistic. Any SMC teams will bring it.
And being realistic, we simply got beat by Randleman, had a shot against Salisbury but aren’t as good as they are. I believe we’re better than North Rowan and turned the ball over, either on downs or conventional turnovers seven times inside their thirty.
But regardless, our record is who we are and we have no right to be cocky. We have let up against East Davidson and Lexington. We’ve been injury prone and plagued by turnovers.
I’m hopeful that our kids come in humble and hungry. The fans can do whatever they want.
I respect that especially the kids part. They are the ones who will decide the game, not us. Should be a lot of good games in the West but until someone beats MA they are King of the West. If I had to pick a runner up in the West right now it would be Mtn Heritage. They are really playing good ball

Completely true!

Actually, we had a shot against RaNnElmAn just like with Salisbury. Offense has been a problem all year getting in its own way.

Our fans aren't cocky taking the game for granted. We should expect to beat a 4-6 win team. Those should be realistic expectations.

Polk might be able to score with Murphy some, especially if the QB is healthy, but I don't really see Polk slowing down Stalcup based on what little I've seen of Polk so far. have any chance to win this game it won't be because they shut down murphy more than likely it would be just a shootout last one with the ball or the one with the least turnovers would win polks run d has been poor most of the year
The way I see it is polks only chance is to score there not likely to stop murphy the run d has been weak most of the year if they can turn it into a shootout it would be their best chance hoping for a competitive game at the least if nothing else it be first game I've seen in murphy always like to visit new stadiums and atmospheres don't get the chance to go to far west very often

Animated GIF

Thomasville played four schools with winning records....and lost to three of them. Not the toughest of schedules. They didn't fare well against "good" teams.
Also, I remember back in the early 2000s Thomasville use to spank north Moore and probably still would today.

Also, I remember back in the early 2000s Thomasville use to spank north Moore and probably still would today.
Again, I could care less what NM does or what THS did to them. That has no baring on Thomasville, I hope. They're playing Andrews Friday night. Don't be obsessed with NM. . . and why are we even talking about NM????

Well, who is your team?
Don't have a team at this point in life. Just love to see good games all around the state when I'm in the area doing a contracting job. Originally North Mecklenburg----waay back in the day. Did serve as an AP sports writer for 11 years back in the late 80s and into the 90s, so I got to see games all over the place. State playoff system was far better back then too. It was a lot harder to qualify.

who did north Moore play that was any good?
You know I don’t care who North Moore played or SOS (because that’s Maxpreps super secret formula thingy) but…
NM did, much to my surprise, beat what everyone agrees is a very good 2A Burlington Cummings…
And lost to Southwestern Randolph? Again much to my surprise.
Now that you guys have straightened out the whole NM thing doesn’t seem to matter as much though 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: NM88
It’s all about the numbers, enrollment !!
Since they are no subdivision of 1A, teams that are typically small 1A doesn’t stand a chance even though a couple are dreaming and think they can. If your team is 400 and below in enrollment you’re just playing to say you made it to 3rd round etc. You know it’s the truth

Same thing I thought; spot on. MIC's all athletes no physicality. Alleghany will given them a steady dose of that, if they can ball control they got a good shot to win it. EW and Mitchell's a game I wish we could get in round 2 or 3.

I heard some people say South Stokes over Bishop but I don't see it. Bishop's very fundamentally sound and South doesn't like to hit. That makes a difference in 1A ball.
I doubt it

Thomasville played four schools with winning records....and lost to three of them. Not the toughest of schedules. They didn't fare well against "good" teams.
Dogs could have played trash teams with terrible records in non-conference or been in a crappy league and went 9-1 or 10-0. Instead they challenged themselves against a few high ranked 2A teams and playoff bound TW Andrews 6-4 2A, Randleman 9-1 2A, Salisbury 2A 10-0, N Rowan 8-2 1A are those four schools. How many run of the mill 1A teams could beat those teams? Dogs "could" have been beaten NR and Salisbury, but turned it over too many times to win. 7-3 against that schedule versus a 9-1 or 10-0 with most other teams schedules. I would put Salisbury up against any 1A team and favor them except Tarboro and MA.

Reactions: T-ville Bulldawgs07
It’s all about the numbers, enrollment !!
Since they are no subdivision of 1A, teams that are typically small 1A doesn’t stand a chance even though a couple are dreaming and think they can. If your team is 400 and below in enrollment you’re just playing to say you made it to 3rd round etc. You know it’s the truth
Well I agree with most this except the round
Remember Rville made 5th two years ago.

Dogs could have played trash teams with terrible records in non-conference or been in a crappy league and went 9-1 or 10-0. Instead they challenged themselves against a few high ranked 2A teams and playoff bound TW Andrews 6-4 2A, Randleman 9-1 2A, Salisbury 2A 10-0, N Rowan 8-2 1A are those four schools. How many run of the mill 1A teams could beat those teams? Dogs "could" have been beaten NR and Salisbury, but turned it over too many times to win. 7-3 against that schedule versus a 9-1 or 10-0 with most other teams schedules. I would put Salisbury up against any 1A team and favor them except Tarboro and MA.
Ahem….
All except Tarboro and MA?
Hmmm…

Well I agree with most this except the round
Remember Rville made 5th two years ago.
I’ve seen years where Robbinsville had teams that could pull it off. They are the only 1A team under 400 that could do it on certain years. I don’t think this is the year. I talked to a former coach earlier in the year and he and a few other Black Knights fans were sharing their concerns about the line. I thought they were sandbagging but they weren’t. Throw in some injuries and it just doesn’t seem possible to pull off the big win this year even though they have a great backfield. If this was a subdivision year Robbinsville would take the Championship for sure just like Andrews would have last year. Hoping for the best for Robbinsville and hoping the home field advantage proves me wrong. Good luck to the SMC

If we played all those teams MA played, we would be 10-0 as well.

You doubt it that is funny. I guess you referring to Salisbury but we would still be 10-0. You know we aren’t ranked 9th overall in state in all classes for nothing. And I don’t think I see Salisbury ahead of us or north Rowan. So don’t know how you come up with your logic
You haven't played anyone that's what I'm saying. I think MA Is good just not as good as Sailsbury. Don't get so butt hurt when someone disagrees with you. Please tell what team they have played that had the size speed and athletes that Sailsbury has???

You haven't played anyone that's what I'm saying. I think MA Is good just not as good as Sailsbury. Don't get so butt hurt when someone disagrees with you. Please tell what team they have played that had the size speed and athletes that Sailsbury has???
Again we may not have played anyone with that size speed and athletes, but Salisbury hasn’t played a team that has as much speed and athletes that we have either. Now don’t take my word on it because I am a mount airy fan ask other that have seen us or others that have watched film. It isn’t about being butt hurt there is no way that is the case. Maybe if you can get through till the fourth round you can see in person. Good luck to thomasville

We played ER and Tarboro last year and we are twice as good as last year. Twice as fast and twice as strong. Again if Salisbury was that much better than mount airy wouldn’t they be ranked above us. How did we get that ranking not playing anyone? Aren’t we both undefeated….I am confused

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT