ADVERTISEMENT

Any upset predictions for first round games?

Andrews and East Wilkes are candiates for an upset I think.

Alleghany beats MIC. Not really an upset imo however.

Same thing I thought; spot on. MIC's all athletes no physicality. Alleghany will given them a steady dose of that, if they can ball control they got a good shot to win it. EW and Mitchell's a game I wish we could get in round 2 or 3.

I heard some people say South Stokes over Bishop but I don't see it. Bishop's very fundamentally sound and South doesn't like to hit. That makes a difference in 1A ball.

But they couldn’t win. Conference game ?
We play in the SMC against teams like Robbinsville, Swain & Murphy who are all in Top 10 in 1A rankings along with Hayesville & Cherokee who are in top 20. so yes we are 0 & 5 in conference but we will show up and play. When you play these teams you are battle tested. The injuries have really hurt this team this season and lost 2 more Friday night. Hoping for a good clean game this Friday

The SMC imo isn't outstanding this season but it's head above heels better than the conference Thomasville is in. I think Andrews is battle tested and has a good shot against Thomasville.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
The SMC imo isn't outstanding this season but it's head above heels better than the conference Thomasville is in. I think Andrews is battle tested and has a good shot against Thomasville.
Kevin Hart Ok GIF by NBA

Not so fast my friend!

I don't know I'm on a Lee Corso kick today...

In addition to the two you mentioned

Looks to me like Bear Grass Charter #5 has a bye
Northside-Pinetown #4 has a bye
And Wilson Prep #3 has a bye
You are correct, I was not expecting that many byes in the East and none in the West. I did not look deep into the East and missed those. So the East's first 5 seeds have a bye ! I think the same thing happened last year now that you mention it.

Polk and Murphy looks to be interesting game. I know Polk was 0-3 down the stretch but was in some games . Gots eyes on this one
I think that’ll depend on Murphy. Murphy shows up to play, then it may not be a great game. Murphy lays down, polk could be a them.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
Polks biggest issues is line play in general there small across the line when the line holds up there absolutely dangerous especially in the passing game and they tend to allow things to snowball on themselves one mistake leads to many if they play clean and line holds up then they can make a game of it, of course that's if there qb isn't out he got hurt friday against brevard and the backup was already out hurt finished the game with a reciever at qb never gave up friday but I don't see them having any chance whatsoever if qb is out friday night

Polks biggest issues is line play in general there small across the line when the line holds up there absolutely dangerous especially in the passing game and they tend to allow things to snowball on themselves one mistake leads to many if they play clean and line holds up then they can make a game of it, of course that's if there qb isn't out he got hurt friday against brevard and the backup was already out hurt finished the game with a reciever at qb never gave up friday but I don't see them having any chance whatsoever if qb is out friday night
Hopefully he gets healthy.

Polk might be able to score with Murphy some, especially if the QB is healthy, but I don't really see Polk slowing down Stalcup based on what little I've seen of Polk so far.

Hope they do that’s a long bus ride to come take a beating
That will be much harder to overcome, the bus ride that is, than the game itself. I know this is a new season but you only beat a 1 & 4 in conference Swain last year 21 to 0 and Swain had a very down year under a new Coach and new offensive scheme. What I’m saying is don’t be fooled by the winless conference record. It will be decided on the field and not on here with smack talking. You won’t bait anyone on here to smack talk and you sure won’t get any on the field from our team. They are well coached and well disciplined. Good luck and looking forward to a competitive game

That will be much harder to overcome, the bus ride that is, than the game itself. I know this is a new season but you only beat a 1 & 4 in conference Swain last year 21 to 0 and Swain had a very down year under a new Coach and new offensive scheme. What I’m saying is don’t be fooled by the winless conference record. It will be decided on the field and not on here with smack talking. You won’t bait anyone on here to smack talk and you sure won’t get any on the field from our team. They are well coached and well disciplined. Good luck and looking forward to a competitive game
Won’t be much of one 🤣

I just watch THS in last night's game.
Andrews doesn't score slot so think THS wins but could be 21-07 or something

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT